What do you think about THIS segue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2mixer

War Child
Okay, oaky - I didn't know wether to put this in the setlist thread or the audio thread, but I guess that if people want to talk about it then I'll put it here.

I've always thought that the Human Rights segment would make a good intro to WTSHNN - so I did a little mixing...

http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=370823

(128 kbps - edited version (fades out))

Like it?

that could be pretty cool, good work.

anything would be better than the pride segue

I've been a big complainer about the segue

Nice job. This is significantly better than what we hear now (which is ummmm....NO segue). You managed to get the goosebumps back, which is all I ever really wanted!!! :hyper:

I liked it when it was the seque into city of blinding lights, which it was at 5-12

It's quite good. But you know what annoys me? U2 have 'One Step Closer' on the record being promoted on this tour, and this song is practically on its knees BEGGING to be segued into streets live. Before the tour started I couldn't see why they wouldn't try it. But alas, no such thing. MAKE IT HAPPEN U2 - OSC->Streets!!

namkcuR said:
It's quite good. But you know what annoys me? U2 have 'One Step Closer' on the record being promoted on this tour, and this song is practically on its knees BEGGING to be segued into streets live. Before the tour started I couldn't see why they wouldn't try it. But alas, no such thing. MAKE IT HAPPEN U2 - OSC->Streets!!

I couldn't resist trying this segue so I've uploaded a small edited section of what it might sound like.

I've also uploaded a full version of my Human Rights segue WTSHNN for those of you that liked my edited version - it's basically just the same but with a full version of WTSHNN.

http://savefile.com/projects.php?pid=370823

;)

I haven't listened to this seque as I am at work, I will later though.

Before U2 went on tour this year I was hoping for the one step closer seque mentioned it just seemed obvious.But alas it was not to be,maybe it was too obvious!

I have only seen one show this tour (Manchester one) and Streets was really poor.Its my favourite song bar none and all I wanted was the goosebump feeling when the intro starts.

After seeing the show I couldnt understand why they didn't just do Running to stand still,Pride then the Human rights thingy.
Then just come back on and restart with a full blown streets, full intro and everything it would have been amazing! Im sure thats what your mix sounds like!

I watch the Slane dvd regularly and the seque from All I want is you is totally awesome. There must be thousands of fans out there who wanted to feel that same euphoria at thier show and were left a little dissapointed. I know I was!

Fortunately I was at the tip of the Edge's target and was three feet from him for many great moments, Electric co solo and mysterious ways duel with Bono to name but two.

For me the highlight of the show I saw was With or without you, I didnt expext it and it made the hairs stand up on my neck. So I got the feeling I wanted but not where I thought I would.

Please U2 come back to England again, Come indoors and do Streets right even if it is only once, just for me!!!

Here I go b*tching again

I just listened and I don't think the One Step Closer segue is going to work. The reason why all the popular segues songs are successful (AIWIY, Please, Running) is that they don't just end, they stretch on a bit and fade slowly and gently into Streets. You you hear the transition which catches you off guard just as the red light behind the stage starts to fade in (are you getting goosebumps yet???) You can't have a song like Pride or OSC just end, then have dead air and then have no red lights and expect the same reaction as a dramatic, unexpected, perfectly timed and orchestrated transition.

I know I've thought about this too much, but the choppiness of the transition now with Pride just ending abruptly and the Human Rights intro is the reason why Streets has lost its lustre. Just MHO. (But if you're reading, boys, PLEASE do something about this!)

i enjoyed the transition between pride and streets, hearing every singing woo ooo woo oo, then hearing the start gave me the same goosebumps i felt when i heard it on popmart and elevation, and seeing the lights at the end were just as spectacular, for me anyway

Back
Top Bottom