What about us,die hard fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlhappy

War Child
I just have to say more about Vienna concert last nite.
I never thought it would come to this:bit i am a bit down! after u2 concert!!!!!!!!!!There were moments of joy, like..Electric Co, All i Want is you ,and City og Blinding lights,and
ZOOTv songs. But, what about An cat dubh???I will folow is played so many times, just as New years day,,,,and so on.
Why we dont deserve songs like Ocean and 40????Do they think that we are all mainstream fans??After all these years how come they dont want to change this very same set list plus actual album songs? I even thought that maybe is their time to retire.
I never ever thought i would think that way,....but maybe they should before they fade away?
Just to make things clear: I adore early u2 and that will never change. Iknow it sounds terrible,does anone understand me?
I am really in pain about this it is my 4th concert and the usual thrill is gone,just gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HelP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i understand you want to see a mix of songs, but maybe u2 are feeling really comfortable with their set, and bonos getting to the point where he can't remember all the words to songs! lol

i'd say just be thankful you got to see them! There are plenty of people who are holding their breath hoping that they will get to see them at all (including me!!)

and i think no setlist will make any fan happy. There are songs i would love to see them perform (in a little while, ultra violet and the first time :drool: ) but i doubt i will!

I do understand where you are coming from, BUT I feel that no matter which sings they play there is always someone who is not happy because this song or that song wasn't played.... after reading some threads you clearly realize that there is always someone who is unhappy because their favourite song wasn't played the night before.... Hey, some of my favourite U2 songs haven't been on any of the setlists... If the guys tried to make everyone happy they'd be up on that stage 5 hrs. a night playing song after song... So I DO understand your point, but at the same time, I think we all have to understand their decissions to play the setlists they play.

Hope you cheer up soon!

girlhappy (or should that be girlunhappy)

If you've been watching the European setlists you would know that there has been little variation from show to show. The setlist party thread on this site goes into raptures if there's a change, however small. IMO the tour is about who they are in 2005 and HTDAAB, with snatches of the past for themselves and for long time fans. To say they maybe should retire astounds me. Fans are on fire after these shows: I certainly was, and will be again in Barcelona. We all have a wish list, but the last 4 shows I saw I couldn't have cared less what they played..I was there and that was enough. Maybe you have moved on from U2.

1stOne said:
girlhappy (or should that be girlunhappy)

If you've been watching the European setlists you would know that there has been little variation from show to show. The setlist party thread on this site goes into raptures if there's a change, however small. IMO the tour is about who they are in 2005 and HTDAAB, with snatches of the past for themselves and for long time fans. To say they maybe should retire astounds me. Fans are on fire after these shows: I certainly was, and will be again in Barcelona. We all have a wish list, but the last 4 shows I saw I couldn't have cared less what they played..I was there and that was enough. Maybe you have moved on from U2.
amen, U2 are on top of there game at the minute, sure maybe its not the best U2 period for alot of people, but you have to relise that it IS the best period for alot. at the minute am loving it, the songs, and attitude, every bit of it

as said above maybe you have moved on,

No matter which songs they choose to sing, they cannot possibly please everyone. The concert would last forever if they did every song that everyone requested. (I wish) :wink:
You should just enjoy the concert and hope that next time they may play songs that you wanna hear.:shrug:

I must admit, some of you really undersood me, and for some of you who cant: its not only set list its them!!!!!!!!
I dont know, i feel like Bono is not wearing his heart on his sleeve any more!

girlhappy said:
I must admit, some of you really undersood me, and for some of you who cant: its not only set list its them!!!!!!!!
I dont know, i feel like Bono is not wearing his heart on his sleeve any more!
well as has been said, maybe its you and not the band.... you have to relise that alot of people actually find this tour the best since Zoo, just because you have your opinion dosent mean everyone else thinks there "not wearing there heart on there sleave"

am sorry that it might be hard to belive, but maybe its time you just find some new stuff?

Sorry, but i WAS THERE ON ZOOTV tour You cant even compare brillant and genius show like zootv with this kind of tour. Exept for Electric co and Fly (highlights of the concert). i dont think i must find other stuff,.I got it already. Early u2 will always be first in my heart and i am crazy about them for last 10 years. I am not some new fan who doesnt know songs like the Ocean...of course, they dont know what u2 can do, Remember Under a blood red sky?

girlhappy said:
Sorry, but i WAS THERE ON ZOOTV tour You cant even compare brillant and genius show like zootv with this kind of tour. Exept for Electric co and Fly (highlights of the concert). i dont think i must find other stuff,.I got it already. Early u2 will always be first in my heart and i am crazy about them for last 10 years. I am not some new fan who doesnt know songs like the Ocean...of course, they dont know what u2 can do, Remember Under a blood red sky?
no its in your opinion that it cant compare to ZooTv, all i said was alot of people are finding this to be there best tour since then, just because you dont dosent mean everyone dosent, we all dont think the same as you,

am not questioning if your a "big fan" all i said was if your not getting what you want now, then you should move on,

and people have been fans alot longer than both of us, and are finding this just as enjoyable as anything they have done

Sorry, but I was too young to see ZooTV live. Should I just take your word that U2 sucks now, and not go see them? You had your glory days as a U2 fan, so let some younger fans enjoy them while they are still the best band in the world. We don't need all the older folks telling us how we are being cheated, ripped off, and seeing a half-baked version of U2. I love every album from U23 up to HTDAAB, and I don't see any let up in quality. HTDAAB is essential U2 and I'm going to shout along to the new stuff with every ounce of energy I have. And besides, they're playing more songs from the early albums now than they have in the past 15-20 years. And what does the title of this thread suggest? You can't be a diehard if you love this tour? Screw that, I am a diehard.

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
well as has been said, maybe its you and not the band.... you have to relise that alot of people actually find this tour the best since Zoo, just because you have your opinion dosent mean everyone else thinks there "not wearing there heart on there sleave"

am sorry that it might be hard to belive, but maybe its time you just find some new stuff?

You are acting like a real 1st class jerk. Girlhappy is allowed to have her own opinion and that dosn´t mean that she have "moved on". You feel very strongly about the fact that this tour is the best tour for alot of fans, and thats fucking great. But those who feel differently can have their opinion like everybody else. This is a fan forum and that means that you can come in here and have your own opinion about the band, tour and the music. U2 is not just ATYCLB and HTDAAB just so that you know if.
Its a FAN FORUM and it means that it cover the entire U2 career. If you can´t handle other peoples opinions then what the hell are you doing here ????.

Girlhappy felt like she wanted something more from the Vienna concert and thats her opinion. Stop acting like the geek police like during Live 8 last night.

yimou said:

You are acting like a real 1st class jerk. Girlhappy is allowed to have her own opinion and that dosn´t mean that she have "moved on". You feel very strongly about the fact that this tour is the best tour for alot of fans, and thats fucking great. But those who feel differently can have their opinion like everybody else. This is a fan forum and that means that you can come in here and have your own opinion about the band, tour and the music. U2 is not just ATYCLB and HTDAAB just so that you know if.
Its a FAN FORUM and it means that it cover the entire U2 career. If you can´t handle other peoples opinions then what the hell are you doing here ????.

Girlhappy felt like she wanted something more from the Vienna concert and thats her opinion. Stop acting like the geek police like during Live 8 last night.
read her fucking posts before calling me anything, the fact that your even resorting to name calling, someone over the internet is pathetic, she is expressing her opinions as though everyone else thinks the same, she has gone into another part of the forum, just to post the exact same thread

get a life and get off my fucking back

and as you just said, everyone has there right to express there opinion, and thats all am doing, expressing my own personal opinion

KUEFC09U2 said:
read her fucking posts before calling me anything, the fact that your even resorting to name calling, someone over the internet is pathetic, she is expressing her opinions as though everyone else thinks the same, she has gone into another part of the forum, just to post the exact same thread

get a life and get off my fucking back

I have read all your posts and you are most definitely acting like a jerk.

Girlhappy is expressing HER OPINION and if you feel like she wants you to feel the same then you are too weak.

KUEFC09U2 said:

and as you just said, everyone has there right to express there opinion, and thats all am doing, expressing my own personal opinion

You are telling people that maybe they have moved on because they dont feel the same excitement about the tour. Thats not just an opinion !!,, thats going too far over nothing.

yimou said:

You are telling people that maybe they have moved on because they dont feel the same excitement about the tour. Thats not just an opinion !!,, thats going too far over nothing.
how is it? if you look in another thread blue room expresses the same opinion

2Hearts said:
Sorry, but I was too young to see ZooTV live. Should I just take your word that U2 sucks now, and not go see them? You had your glory days as a U2 fan, so let some younger fans enjoy them while they are still the best band in the world. We don't need all the older folks telling us how we are being cheated, ripped off, and seeing a half-baked version of U2. I love every album from U23 up to HTDAAB, and I don't see any let up in quality. HTDAAB is essential U2 and I'm going to shout along to the new stuff with every ounce of energy I have. And besides, they're playing more songs from the early albums now than they have in the past 15-20 years.

the last 2 albums arent up there with the 90s stuff for me, and i can see where you're coming from girlhappy, however I generally agree with this sentiment. they're not varying the setlists that much (not that they really used to), so if you dont like the set, maybe you should spend your money on something else. i don't mean that in a rude way at all. but i was too young to see any other tours, and i don't think they should retire and take away my generation's chance to see them live, just because a certain demographic isn't satisfied.

^^^^^^^^^^^

i think the amount of negativity that goes on here is starting to get on KUEFC09U2's nerves, just like they are mine. i don't think he's a jerk for trying to rationalize it. in no way did he insult her in this thread. actually, the only insult that's been thrown out there was by you, yimou.

mikal said:
^^^^^^^^^^^

i think the amount of negativity that goes on here is starting to get on KUEFC09U2's nerves, just like they are mine. i don't think he's a jerk for trying to rationalize it. in no way did he insult her in this thread. actually, the only insult that's been thrown out there was by you, yimou.
thank you sir :)

the negativity is gettin well out of control. it seems the band only have to sneeze and someone is telling them how dissapointed they are that the sneeze wasnt loud enough

mikal said:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, i know i did the insulting and i do apologies for it. I am sorry KUEFCO9U2. But sometimes i wonder what the hell is going on at this forum.

KUEFC09U2 said:
thank you sir :)

the negativity is gettin well out of control. it seems the band only have to sneeze and someone is telling them how dissapointed they are that the sneeze wasnt loud enough

Sneezed? When? Well I didn't get that at any of my shows!!!!
I am going to start a new thread complaining:lol:

1stOne said:

Sneezed? When? Well I didn't get that at any of my shows!!!!
I am going to start a new thread complaining:lol:

Shit, I didn't get a sneeze either. All I got was a lousy cough. Damn 6 shows and no sneeze, fuck I'm pissed now.

Maybe I'll start a petition, this is totally unacceptable.

yimou said:

Yeah, i know i did the insulting and i do apologies for it. I am sorry KUEFCO9U2. But sometimes i wonder what the hell is going on at this forum.
thanks for the apology, but you need to relise that it all works both ways, i only made an opinion on why she wasnt enjoying it anymore. but then get slagged off for it, bet when theres a thread about something good going on in the tour, and someone comes in and makes an opinion based on why they think its not so good, that always seems to be ok,

ramblin rose said:

Shit, I didn't get a sneeze either. All I got was a lousy cough. Damn 6 shows and no sneeze, fuck I'm pissed now.

Maybe I'll start a petition, this is totally unacceptable.
i was thinking about protesting at the next grammys, or ANYONE who gets into the ellipse next time, sit down inside it, lets make them know we want him to sneeze more, and LOUD because last time he did it, you just couldnt hear how he sneezed

Back
Top Bottom