Well, well, well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2@NYC said:
One shall never leave any U2 concert...

The day they drop One, the day U2 will be over.

There, I said it.

Whew! Bold! :wink: I think they've got enough strength in their catalog to carry them through without One.

ouizy said:
I will bet we see the early songs (An cat dubh) etc go, fo rthe later songs from ATYCLB.

That said, I beg all the powers that be that any of these 'new' songs replace 'ONE.'

Please

Please

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SECONDED. Or Pride. One or Pride and I will be a happy man.

packcrush said:

An Cat Dubh isn't boring!

I know that. I'm one of the most ardent defenders of ACD/ITH - highlight of Boston III. But people keep saying it put the crowd to sleep, and I really can't imagine a 20 minute version holding the audience's attention ...

U2@NYC said:

Nope, I am saying that One re-defined U2 and become an essential piece of their shows...

Well, Streets is an essential piece and before this tour they thought of cutting it.

If you ask me, One was the weakest moment at all three Boston shows.

Axver said:

I know that. I'm one of the most ardent defenders of ACD/ITH - highlight of Boston III. But people keep saying it put the crowd to sleep, and I really can't imagine a 20 minute version holding the audience's attention ...

But a 55-minute version of Vertigo would rock the house...

:rockon:

U2@NYC said:

Nope, I am saying that One re-defined U2 and become an essential piece of their shows...

I don't know. Musically, it's probably one of the least re-defining songs on AB. In the mix of Zoo Station, The Fly, Love Is Blindness, One sounds very JT--very WOWY. Socially, it perhaps took away the effect of the AB/ZooTV goals and threw U2 back into the role of the socially-conscious rock group. Thinking this way, I don't really think that One re-defined the band at all, but instead kept them stuck in their JT-era mode.

However, to the average joe, One is perhaps the figurehead song of the "re-defined," early-mid-90s U2. I dunno. :scratch:

Utoo said:

I don't know. Musically, it's probably one of the least re-defining songs on AB. In the mix of Zoo Station, The Fly, Love Is Blindness, One sounds very JT--very WOWY. Socially, it perhaps took away the effect of the AB/ZooTV goals and threw U2 back into the role of the socially-conscious rock group. Thinking this way, I don't really think that One re-defined the band at all, but instead kept them stuck in their JT-era mode.

However, to the average joe, One is perhaps the figurehead song of the "re-defined," early-mid-90s U2. I dunno. :scratch:

One made AB more accessible to the we-love-JT public. I think it's ironic that from U2's change in the nineties, their most successful song was the most eighties-sounding of the lot.

U2@NYC said:

But a 55-minute version of Vertigo would rock the house...

:rockon:

Nah, here's a set for you!

9-10pm - 11 O'clock Tick Tock
--- break ---
10:15-11:30pm - 11 O'clock Tick Tock

60 minute 11OTT with a 75 minute encore version. :drool:

Axver said:

Nah, here's a set for you!

9-10pm - 11 O'clock Tick Tock
--- break ---
10:15-11:30pm - 11 O'clock Tick Tock

60 minute 11OTT with a 75 minute encore version. :drool:

And the band signing on top of a giant clock ticking, but always staying at 11 o'clock... :drool:

Stay
In a Little While
Stuck in a Moment

Snoooozefest :yawn:

How about some rock songs for a rock concert?

yeah but bono looks *SO* cute when he's singing stuck in a moment.

*inserts something about how walk on and stuck in a moment "really helped me through a hard time"

etc.

this thread of course is wonderful.

does anyone here have a job?

Back
Top Bottom