Weird u2.com email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atikicat

War Child
So I got shut out of the 1st leg presales and never used my code. Because of this I was able to but 2 pairs of GAs last Tuesday for the Fall leg. Just now I received an email from u2.com saying that as a former Prop subscriber who used my code in the previous sale...my code was being re-enabled to buy a pair of tix in the Fall presale starting today. I don't get it.:huh: Anyone else get this email??

yeah i got that too :eyebrow:

and i used my code originally, so i thought i was supposed to get only one show from prop...

im thinking its just a reminder that the new shows are going on sale tomorrow, and if you already used the prop code then it wont work again

although i will try and see what happens...

they really have sent a lot of cofusing emails out....

So is this some mistake?? I guess we can find out later today...if the codes actually work. Strange.:eyebrow:

The email I received prior to last week's presale was addressed to me as a former Prop member with an unused code. This email is addressed to me as a former Prop member with a used code.

Last edited:
i really dont know, im just gonna try it out and if it works then sweet, but im not gonna get my hopes up

I received the email, and as a former propaganda member that didn't use the presale code back in January...I'll take it to mean that because I used my presale code last week (3/8), the email is just a reminder that while yes I have a used code, it still good for another pair of tickets on 3/15. Or at least it better be...

i reread the email and it says my password has be reenabled to purchase one pair of tickets for the third leg, and since i have alreadt used it last week, it wont work again.

the email is a bit of a tease though.

I used my code twice in the presale last week, and now got the email saying that as a former prop member with a used code, they are reenabling my code and I can now by 1 pair of tickets. So technically, if it works, I would end up with 3 pairs of tickets. The last thing I want to do though is to cancel any previous orders by using the code again. So now what do I do? It seems like the U2 heavens are trying to rain tickets on me!

I think all Prop members got this email. I bought a pair in the very first presale, and last week a pair for the fall.

I also received the email. It probably is too good to be true that the code could be used again, but I would love to try for SLC.

"As explained in our recent email, as a former Propaganda subscriber who bought tickets in the earlier presale, we are now re-enabling your presale code and offering you the opportunity to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for one of the shows in the Fall leg."

I get the feeling they are letting us by one more pair, even though I already got my 4 tickets as a Prop member.

Who do we call to confirm!? I need to find out ASAP!

I just called fanfire (boy do they sound tired!) She said the email was a "typo" and that you only get 4 tickets for the whole tour period- and that your code wll not work if you've already bought 4. Hmmm. Seems fishy.

U2ping said:
I used my code twice in the presale last week, and now got the email saying that as a former prop member with a used code, they are reenabling my code and I can now by 1 pair of tickets. So technically, if it works, I would end up with 3 pairs of tickets. The last thing I want to do though is to cancel any previous orders by using the code again. So now what do I do? It seems like the U2 heavens are trying to rain tickets on me!

I'm in the same boat...

I got the email, but I'm pretty sure it just went out to everyone on the Prop email list as a reminder, and if you bought in last week's presale, you'll get the "Code already used" message if you try to buy today.
But who knows.

I got a wierd U2.com e-mail - thanking me for "signing up" and wanting information on the Vertigo tour!!?? Thing is, my brief membership just expired this past weekend, yet I've gotten like 2 or 3 of these e-mails in the last week. That website is useless!

matt_tx00 said:
I got a wierd U2.com e-mail - thanking me for "signing up" and wanting information on the Vertigo tour!!?? Thing is, my brief membership just expired this past weekend, yet I've gotten like 2 or 3 of these e-mails in the last week. That website is useless!

Your membership could not have expired, it's for 12 months. The expiration date is in month-date-year format. Your expiration probably reads 3-12-05 which means December 3, 2005, (not March 12, 2005).

Chizip said:
im thinking its just a reminder that the new shows are going on sale tomorrow, and if you already used the prop code then it wont work again

although i will try and see what happens...

they really have sent a lot of cofusing emails out....

Yep, I got this email, too. I am thinking it's just a general email (rather than generate one for people who have used their code and one for people who haven't) and the code won't work if you've used it already...

I agree with most of the above posts -- my belief is that it went out more or less as a "reminder" due to this week's presales. I'm a Prop member who didn't use my code in January, but I used it last week to buy two shows. So, I think I'm done.

I'm not going to try it today -- in fact, if you've already met your quota of Prop tickets, I REALLY wouldn't even attempt to use it again, despite the e-mail. It's not worth risking cancellation of other tickets.

(remember the ominous: "no tickets are final for a week while memberships are checked" listing on TM.com)

ok , i just got my tickets for the 2 shows i ordered for.i got the same email. it says they are re-enabling my code to allow me to buy more. i think the boys saw what happened yesterday ,with the true fans being shut out and all the other tix on ebay they are trying to do good again!

Oh well...

but isn't it a little silly that the extra garden dates are in this presale--pretty much anyone in the area had exhausted their code because we didnt know there would be another presale for ny shows--oh well--

GA in may and GA in Oct--cant complain! :)

Last edited:
and i have to say, if i see tickets for the just added shows on ebay today i'm gonna pissed--it would mean prop members are scalping them :mad:

Well, one of the codes that I have still will allow me to purchase 2 GA tickets for Miami.

God, why are you tempting me!!:sad:

he listed the auction three days ago (saturday when the show was announced)

He doesnt even have tickets.

editorinchief said:
he listed the auction three days ago (saturday when the show was announced)

He doesnt even have tickets.

ok, I feel better...:wink:

if someone had a working code they dont want to use I will pay $50 for it and take my chances that they cancel the tickets.

Back
Top Bottom