We still love our boys, right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sallycinnamon78 said:

:ohmy::huh: :ohmy::ohmy:Can't see Bono The Sexy Wilderbeest as a kitten killer. No thanks.

:lmao: sexy wilderbeest...yeah, me either, that's why I said it :D

this all sucks ass, but you guys need to calm down a bit...being pissed is one thing, but renouncing all love for U2? I could never see U2 live again (no I couldn't cuz that'd suck) and still love their MUSIC... I don't even have to love the people they are (though I do) to enjoy their MUSIC... I bet the people here that are thinking of "abandoning" U2 will be listening to Vertigo on their U2 iPods by the end of the week. I'm pissed too, but I could never disown this band, even if it was ENTIRELY their fault.

Absolutely I still have much love for the band and the music. Even though I was disappointed with what happened today, you just don't end a 20+ year relationship that easily.
:sexywink: :bono: :larry: :edge: :adam::cool:

Buttercup67 said:
Absolutely I still have much love for the band and the music. Even though I was disappointed with what happened today, you just don't end a 20+ year relationship that easily.
:sexywink: :bono: :larry: :edge: :adam::cool:

Tell U2 that.:wink:

I will forever and always be in love with our boys... unless something insane happens but it'd hafta be something super uncharacteristic for them... So, yep, I will always love them!!!

I find this whole "It's all U2's fault they can go fuck themselves" mentality to be major overkill. Yes they have hired a bunch of idiots, but they are MUSICIANS!!! Their job is to create the music we adore. If anyone is accountable it's Paul McGuinness. I am sure they'd be horrified at what has happened. Anyway, I am going to wait and see how this gets fixed before freaking out.

During Zoo TV I had the opportunity to meet and have coffee with Bono and we had all kinds of ticket disasters then too, and he was very concerned. He asked us all kinds of questions and brought Dennis Sheehan over to listen to us. If I know anything about U2, I'm sure they will make this right.

My ticket orders went as badly as everyone else's btw, but for everything their music has done for me I will love them dearly AND I don't begrudge them a cent of what they make either. I don't even think the prices are all that out of sight - as far as tickets go anyway. The U2.com membership is entirely another matter. It appears to have been a major ripoff.

Last edited:
After today I'm pissed. I'm just going to kind of ignore U2 for awhile. Just forget about my anger. I'll go to the show on May 7th, and fall in love with U2 all over again, and forgive them for this terrible presale. I'm not going to look at any websites, any setlists, or any reviews. I'm just going to make a fun roadtrip to Chicago with 3 of my friends, have a good time, and be completely surprised by this concert.

I will periodically check in to make sure the tour hasn't been cancelled.

I love U2 and always will, and their music is second to none. But as a matter of principle, I don't know that I will go to any of the shows on this tour. They are musicians but they are also the ones that make the concert sponsorship contracts which eventually determine how high ticket prices will be. They (or their management) control who runs the fanclub and who runs the pre-sale.

The Elevation show was the best rock concert I have been to in my life. But I paid half the price for seats right by the stage. I don't see how my seats which were by the stage this morning, and are 'whoops' now 5 sections back from the stage, and are twice the price are going to measure up to what Elevation was.

If its about money for them (or Ticketmaster) then its about my money too.

Last edited:
LiLJennie said:
...it's just the management that we are pissed at...right?

Remember the music....that is the one thing that matters most. And don't give up yet, there are still plenty of chances of getting tickets.

Now I will go ahead and send this, and watch the "SHUT THE F*** UP, JENNIE!" posts flood in....lol

Is this Jennie from the U2.com website? If it is, hi! :wave: U2Gal78 over there!

firstlove said:
bono, edge, larry, and adam may not LOVE us, but they LOVE what they do. and thats to bring music to their fans. if it gets screwed up along the way, well deal with it. do the best you can, be happy with what you have.

Well Said!

I was defending them even up until a few days ago. It's not that I've lost my love of them but I guess I just realized that they have to be held responsible because, in the end, they are the bosses. If one division screwed up at Disney then it's partly to do with Michael Eisner. That's just the way it goes. They are the ones that chose to do things this way and it was because of money. They made roughly around 4 million dollars off of the U2.com membership. I'm sure it doesn't take 4 million dollars to run a fan club. (And I'm not saying they shouldn't make money but they took people's money and a lot of them have gotten nothing for that)

I said this in another thread but I think the part that really bothers me, at this point, is the silence. I'm taking a wait and see attitude but if they just sweep this under the rug like other bad things in the past I'm going to be very dissappointed. I hope in the next couple of days they at least come out with a statement and say they are trying to work this out so that it never happens again AND that they are sorry. The only people that have said that so far are TM and that's a joke. I know U2 are busy right now with family issues or charity work (Bono's case) but I have to believe they know about this. I can't imagine the sheer number of faxes, calls and letters they are getting for them not to know. I just feel like they should insist that something be done or at least fixed for the future.

I haven't stopped listening to them but I have sent a few faxes. I love them and it would take a lot of me to stop but I'm very miffed at them, that's for sure. Let's hope they will step up to the plate and fix this. They have a chance to show why they have always been so beloved by people, let's hope they don't screw it up.

The band is still responsible for the prices.... come on, they can tell Mc Guiness that £200 for a ticket is a litlle bit too high, can't they???
It's a freeking joke that the prices doubled in 4 years to see the same band who claims that we should give more money to the poor..... I didn't know U2 was poor!!!!!

I'm deeply pissed off!!!

Im not pissed off. I only get to see them every few years, so Im looking at it that way rather than that i've been stung by the price.
Besides, i'd only of been truly pissed off, if the tickets had been over £100 each of something...Then id feel they were taking the piss slightly.

I believe the song 'Black Coffee' effectively summarises how I feel about it all:

'I wouldn't wanna take everything out on you, although I know I do'

You have that in writing - I just quoted an All Saints song ;)

It's taken alot (and I mean alot) of listening to 'Walk On' these past few days to stop me from giving everything U2 related that I own away. I'm still annoyed, but i've realised that I actually have no idea who i'm annoyed at - whether it's Ticketmaster, U2, FanFire, PM, or even myself.

Last edited:
i'm torn on this.
part of me thinks we expect too much a from a band - most bands out there wouldnt give a toss, why do we think U2 would - but another part of me thinks that U2 have built so much on their fans and what their fans have given them with countless thanks like the £500 Slane Castle speech and "thanks for waiting in the rain" etc etc etc. they push themselves and market themselves as a fan loving fan caring band. and U2 fans are a great bunch, we'll give them everything we've got to see them for 2 hours - we'll travel in the rain and the snow and sit outside venues in the cold for days to get close (i'm not saying other bands fans dont but theres no doubt that WE do!)

so i look at this and whats happened with the tickets and i look at the absolute catastrophe that was signing up to the fanclub in the first place and i look around my room at the absolute fortune i've spent on U2 in the past years and i think what the F*ck, WHY? because U2 love and care about their fans??? really??
i look at the amount of time i spent defending U2 over greed and sell-out accusations regarding apple and ipods (and i look at my black ipod and my credit card bill...) and i want to kick myself.
because right now looking back on all of that i'm not getting anything that says U2 gives a flying toss about any of this - not a word from them, not a word from their site or their management, not only about this but about the whole fun club fiasco and i'm thinking greedy bastards.
everything they've done over the past months leading up to this has been money motivated - 4 versions of a single? why - so sods like me who collect will buy them. 4 different versions of an album? why - so sods like me who collect will buy them. ipods? fan clubs? phenomenal ticket prices? why? so sods like me will buy them and add to U2s ever increasing house numbers and bank balances.

and then i'm back to the point where i wonder if we expect too much from them? these guys lives so are so far detached from our own, so far detached from reality even, is it reasonable to expect them to realate to or look down at our problems as fans. at the end of the day, the concert will sell out and they'll make their money and it wont matter whether in the front row of Twickenham its a guy who's been a fan for 20 years and had to buy tix at 10 times the price on ebay cause his code didnt work or a guy who's been a fan for 6 months and got lucky on general sale. U2 dont know the difference and frankly i doubt they care.

that said, i'm still gonna go, and i still love their music but i'm gonna think twice before i pick up that rare collectable i've wanted for ages, and i might consider not buying all 3 versions of the next single and getting the killers LP instead (its a better album anyway).

i'm not gonna so far as say U2 have lost me as a fan, i think thats extremist and instead i'm gonna try put a bit of a reality check on the situation.
i think we're all a bit disappointed with the band, their management and everything - its bollocks to think they dont have a hand in it or if they knew what was going on (which they surely do) to not have the power to say something.
as fans who've given a lot of our time and money to the band, we obviously feel cheated. whether that feeling is justified though depends entirely on whether we can honestly believe the band care or whether thats just another part of their show.

right now i'm thinking not and thats a BIG reality check.

I still love U2...i don't think i know how to stop liking them..its quite impossible for me at this point.
Don't get me wrong tho...i know they are human and far from perfect...and at the end of the day they make mistakes....But i still love them anyways....they make me happy....i still look at Bono's picture on my wall and get a grin on my face...i was listening to a ZooTV live from Dublin Bootleg today at work and was still singing along and was happy has a lark....and for awhile forgot all about this mess.
Yeah U2 still make me happy..so i still love them...and i believe i always will :)

:wink:
Yeah, I've been a bit grumpy, mainly about the price! On the other hand I got my ticket straight away in the pre-sale. I still like them otherwise I would not continue to go and see them.
Once in 1983, twice 1984, once 1985, four times in 1987, three times in 1993, once in 1997, once 2001 and now the current tour. Plus the best show was in 2001, so for me the live shows get better:mad: :wink:

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

unless they do something about us u2.con members getting ripped off the can go F**K themselves.

i'm stealing back from now on. I'm SOULSEEKen all U2 material from here on in. I'm tired of making Millionaires Billionaires who dont give a flying F**K about me.

Back
Top Bottom