Washington DC I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Welcome one and all to today's setlist party, the show where U2 rock out the US capital - the concert where some of us hope Mofo has its tour debut, and not just because we like the song!

This will also be a historic show for us Interferencers as it will be streamed live from ramblin rose's phone via gorman's computer to your ears!

When gorman gives the go-ahead, stream the URL http://live.g0rman.com:8000 in iTunes/WinAmp/any other program that supports streaming. Only 64 people can listen so when gorman gives the word, be quick. We'll be testing this with the opener, which takes the stage at 7:30pm US Eastern time.

Enjoy!

The server is limited to 64 slots, so get your slot ASAP!

You'll hear total silence for now. In about 20 minutes, we'll do a soundcheck with the opening band. After that soundcheck (which will only last a few minutes), we'll return to total silence until 10 minutes before U2 come on.

gorman said:
The server is limited to 64 slots, so get your slot ASAP!

You'll hear total silence for now. In about 20 minutes, we'll do a soundcheck with the opening band. After that soundcheck (which will only last a few minutes), we'll return to total silence until 10 minutes before U2 come on.

i am at work this evening (and won't be able to hear) but this is a great thing you are doing.

Just a quick note... ramblin rose is arriving about 15 minutes later than expected, which means the soundcheck will also be 15 minutes later. So, about 30 minutes from now.

I wonder how this will turn out...?

I hope I don't have any problems. I'm at a university which is rate-limited, so I can only use up so many MBs without getting kicked in the pants by administration. Does anybody know what effect, if any, this silence will have on my internet traffic?

I hope silence = no traffic. Otherwise, I'll probably never make it to the show!

All the same, Gorman iz Jesus. Give the man (and, of course, his partner-in-crime: one RamblinRose) big ups and max respec.

Even with silence, it's using up bandwidth. Right now 16 people are connected, so you'll still probably have a shot as the show begins.

sami0201: yeah, you don't need to keep the webpage open

gorman said:
Even with silence, it's using up bandwidth. Right now 16 people are connected, so you'll still probably have a shot as the show begins.

sami0201: yeah, you don't need to keep the webpage open

Thanks! Man...you're just the gift that keeps on giving, aren't you!

I want Gorman for Christmas, this year.

timothius said:
:wave:

I demand that the mod's change Gorman's tag at the bottom of his name to Media God.

Demand.

I have suggested they change it to God Part II in the past.

Now I shall demand this.

Glad I can do it :) This is definitely going to be interesting.

I have a feeling the sound quality will be jjuussttt good enough for us to make out the songs. We'll see :)

re changing gorman's status:
16.gif

Gorman -
19.gif

gorman said:
Glad I can do it :) This is definitely going to be interesting.

I have a feeling the sound quality will be jjuussttt good enough for us to make out the songs. We'll see :)

I hope we can hear some snippetry. :drool:

:hyper: thanks gorman!!

:yes: I also think that we will be able to hear some songs, but some we might not :shrug: The other night I called my parents from the show and they heard Elevation and ISHFWILF clearly but some other songs they just heard static

but either way it's TOO cool that you guys have this going!! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom