Was Croke Park anything like Slane Castle 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I'm remembering Slane Castle 2, the DVD they filmed, and it was a let go, feel good time. Bono, Larry were so laid back, Larry smiled and Bono's vocals were incredible. The crowd was into the music...

Now my question, were the Croke Park shows comparable to Slane?

theu2fly said:
I'm remembering Slane Castle 2, the DVD they filmed, and it was a let go, feel good time. Bono, Larry were so laid back, Larry smiled and Bono's vocals were incredible. The crowd was into the music...

Now my question, were the Croke Park shows comparable to Slane?
no need to be lol.... imo they have been so layed back pretty much through the european leg, bono pretending to throw his mic stand at edge, throwing water over the crowd etc,

also larry is smiling a hell of a lot

i was at Slane 2, croke 1 & 2

slane was best day of my life - first u2 etc... etc...

croke one was unbelievable, but i saw edge pick up a guitar and it confirmed to me that they were going to play a song next, that id already guessed they'll play, as the set has been very predictable...

then Croke 3, vertigo kicks off nice... hoping just for 40 to close the gig, and edge picks up a guitar... its not the explorer... so not Out Of Control or I Will Follow maybe... All Because Of You, second in set just like when they closed with Bad in Chicago, but no they played bad mid set... after Gloria/An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart & Original Of The Species all appearing... then after Vertigo2, i genuinley think gig is over, until i see the keyboard being put out and slow, melodic finish of Yahweh & 40, 3rd gig due to suprise factor and I (like slane2) get to re-live it due to my video camera skills...

so Croke 3 was better overall... and that is saying alot!

I was at Slane 1 and Croke 1. IMHO Slane 1 was a better overall experience. (Make no mistake, Croke 1 was unbelievable too and I'm extremely lucky to have got a ticket !!!)

Remember, it was the day after Bob Hewson's funeral, the sun was shining, Coldplay and Chili Peppers got the crowd to fever pitch before U2 entered. U2 played a blinding set (inc Sort of Homecoming, Bad, etc). As Willie wrote in the notes to Slane DVD, that at Slane 1 it was the first time he had seen the band fallover and the crowd picked them up (he makes note that this is usually the other way around).

So having seen them 24 times (every tour since UF in 1984), Slane 1 will take some beating ...

Roll on Europe 2006 ???????????????

bonovox1970 said:
I was at Slane 1 and Croke 1. IMHO Slane 1 was a better overall experience. (Make no mistake, Croke 1 was unbelievable too and I'm extremely lucky to have got a ticket !!!)

Remember, it was the day after Bob Hewson's funeral, the sun was shining, Coldplay and Chili Peppers got the crowd to fever pitch before U2 entered. U2 played a blinding set (inc Sort of Homecoming, Bad, etc). As Willie wrote in the notes to Slane DVD, that at Slane 1 it was the first time he had seen the band fallover and the crowd picked them up (he makes note that this is usually the other way around).

So having seen them 24 times (every tour since UF in 1984), Slane 1 will take some beating ...

Roll on Europe 2006 ???????????????

slane 1 will never ever be beaten..saturday came very close for me though

Back
Top Bottom