Want 86 GA tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixtoe

The Fly
Hmmm. Somehow eBay user "k-rider" is selling a total of 86 GA tickets for all available shows on the first leg. Just $500 a pair.

Yeah, this system worked out just fine.

It's GOT to be people who work at ticketmaster that are doing this crap.....they hacked the system way before the tickets ever went on sell.

EDIT: The bizarre thing is that $500 a pair isn't that bad.....because of people like him, we're stuck paying nearly $200 a ticket for seats......and then there's the $40 for U2.com......

Last edited:
sixtoe said:
Hmmm. Somehow eBay user "k-rider" is selling a total of 86 GA tickets for all available shows on the first leg. Just $500 a pair.

Yeah, this system worked out just fine.

Bastard - I hope his balls shrivel up and drop off!!!

:mad:

if those turn out to be legit, i will be very annoyed that some people can get a hold of that many tickets and sell them for a large amount of $$$, and screw out true fans.

it better be that the ebay user put up the auction without actually having tix in his possession. He might end the auction early when he only gets 4 tix...

Yeah, this system worked out just lovely. I want to go back to the Prop way. I just filled out my sheet, sent it in and was on the floor for SLC--only the best ever!

What really amazes me are the people that are shelling out over a grand for MSG GA tix. I mean, I can put down some cash for a few shows but, who are these people?

OK 'GA' - general admission. But this 'MSG' I keep reading, what's that?

Working on the theory you don't climb out of ignorance if you don't ask questions!

could someone with a fax print that and send it to principal management. it's the epitome of everything that went wrong with this thing.

Re: ..

adenoid_hynkel said:
could someone with a fax print that and send it to principal management. it's the epitome of everything that went wrong with this thing.

Please see my post in the other GA thread. The problem is really simple, without Propaganda, U2 is not involved in the ticketing process. Because the promoters now control the entire process, we really are screwed.

Propaganda would hold back these seats in advance for Prop members (remember the poll of Prop members prior to the Elevation trying to assess whether we wanted gold circle or GA). Thus, promoters had no access to the system. Now they control every ticket (except for band guests, etc).

Lodge a complain to ticketmaster. They say on their site that the pre-sale has only 2 tickets available for each person. Clearly this person violated the system somehow, the tix should be voided.

This is the biggest crock of sh:mad: I've ever seen. U2 should be ashamed for handling business this way. Way to treat your loyal fans.

All I know is this whole ticketmaster thing sucks! I can't do anything on it, it keeps saying that there is an internal error. I have never seen U2 before and this 'WAS' the year I was finally going to see them. It really suck! I can't even buy a ticket for the show I wanted to attend. Then there is this person selling all of those tickets. How the feck did they get a hold of all those. There are all of these people who want to go see U2 and now we can't because of this stupid ticketmaster feck up. Man I am so ....if you haven't noticed already.:mad:

maybe somebody can tape the show with a digital and put it up on this site, because at this point in time that's about all some of will ever see of this tour.

nthole said:
Lodge a complain to ticketmaster. They say on their site that the pre-sale has only 2 tickets available for each person. Clearly this person violated the system somehow, the tix should be voided.

This is the biggest crock of sh:mad: I've ever seen. U2 should be ashamed for handling business this way. Way to treat your loyal fans.

They are not getting their tickets like we are. It is a crock of s**t but thats how this system works.

Last edited:
I really don't think this guy cares about the "u2 concert experience."

Scalping is a business. Ticketmaster is a business. Fanfire is a business. Principle Management is a business. This is capitalism, plain and simple, folks.

Make no mistake: radio stations, arena management, the media, the corporations that buy luxury boxes, et al, all get first crack at these tickets. If you got connections, you'll get your tickets. Most likely for free, gratis, as a business favor. "Take the wife. Have fun. Just remember me when you want to buy some commercial space on my station."

I was in a meeting with Jon Bon Jovi last year when I heard him say "I don't want to be in a room with a bunch of car dealers who want me to meet their daughters. Get me real sponsors with checkbooks."

Now, Bon Jovi and U2 are apples and oranges. But there are only four people who care about the
"u2 fan experience," and I doubt they're really that involved with the brand as of late.

Yeah, God still walks through the room at a U2 show. But these days, he's sure to bring his checkbook.

I just reported 82 GA ticket man to ebay. He has violated thier policy about selling concert tickets. Ebay states they must follow laws in the states in which the venue is held. Tickets may not sell for more then 25% of face value in Penn. He should be kicked off by tonight.
That still does not make me feel better
:mad:

HI! It's me, the guy with the Ebay ID "k-rider." I know that most of you think that I am a spineless bottom-feeder, and while I probably won't change the way that you feel, I felt that I should tell you all a little about myself...

Living in Massachusetts, I am a Die-hard Red Sox fan. Back in 2003, I was able to get Sox/Yanks ALCS tickets fairly easily, so I tried for World Series tickets. Of course I couldn't get any tickets.com can be a PAIN). So when the Yankees' World Series tickets went onsale, I went ahead and bought 4. The way that I saw it was, "Hey, if the Sox Lose and the Yankees make it to the WS, I'll be crushed! But at least I can sell the Yankees World Series tickets and it won't seem as bad."

...and that started it all. I took the $500 that I made with the sale of those tickets and bought more, and more, and more. It got to the point this past May (when my second child was born) that I decided to quit my "real" job as a Restaurant Manager and stay home to do this full time. It's GREAT because I get to raise my kids instead of send them off to Day Care All day long..

In the short time that I have been doing this, I have gotten into MANY debates about the ethics and legalities of this, and I can honestly see both sides. (BTW, I am a licensed Ticket Broker, my business is 100% legit... I pay income taxes, licensing fees, attorney/accounting fees, etc...).

It can be VERY upsetting for a Fan to get shut out of buying tickets just to see somebody like myself selling a billion tickets. I completely understand your anger and frustration. However, you must understand how the ticketing industry and the secondary ticket markets work before passing judgement (I can't think of a SINGLE reason why my balls should shrivel and die...).

Please let me explain....

There are Many people out there who lack the time, knowledge, skill, patience, etc. to obtain the best tickets to the hottest shows. That's where I come in. My customers pay me for the SERVICE that I provide to them... Instead of:

--pounding their computer to bits during an onsale
--redialing their local Ticketmaster # until their fingers bleed
--camping out in front of a venue the night before an onsale...

...they just call upon me. I do that FOR them, and in return, I charge a fee. The fee that I charge depends on the costs and time that I had to incur in order to obtain the tickets...

Looking at my auctions, it would appear at first sight that I have some kind of a connection with the band, venues, promoters, media, Ticketmaster, etc... The truth is that I DON'T. I get my tickets just like every one of you, except I do it ALL DAY LONG. I have gotten quite good at it, and my experience in accessing tickets is THE ONLY ADVANTAGE that I've got over other fans.. But even I still waited 15 minutes with 4 browsers on 2 computers just to get shut out of MSG tickets...

The tricks/tips/insights that I have and use EVERY SINGLE ONE of you could also do. I know brokers who have bought multiple memberships to U2's Fan Club so that they could get more tickets to sell. In fact, I only purchased 1 membership, and I was able today to purchase ONE pair of GA tickets. I haven't decided... I may use that pair personally... (as I AM a fan and U2 is one of my ALL-TIME Favorite Bands).

So, believe it or not, right now I only have ONE pair of tickets to this tour. I know... I'm selling a TON of them, but at the moment I don't have them (and neither do MOST of the other big-time sellers on Ebay). Yes, I am planning on buying more this weekend when they go onsale to the general public, but I won't NEARLY be able to buy enough to cover ALL of my orders. For the the rest, I will be forced to buy tickets elsewhere in order to cover those orders...

I use various sources, but I can assure you that I'll probably have to scrounge on Ebay for deals just like you all in order to fill some of these orders... But this is how it's done. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you have to spend MORE money than you sold the ticket for in order to cover your order and make your customer's happy... But most of the time (if you follow the market closely and understand it's trends), you can come out ahead.

Basically, I buy low and sell high, and there's NOTHING wrong with that. EVERY SINGLE BUSINESS IN THE WORLD takes products that they buy cheap and sell to you for a HUGE Markup..

Why don't people get upset at other businesses who rediculously mark up their products? How about getting upset with Abercrombie when you have to pay $89 for a Sweater? It Obviously doesn't cost that much to produce or sell... (There's somebody in Indonesia getting paid $5/wk to make it).

The only reason that I can think of is becasue you NEVER had the opportunity to buy that sweater for COST like you do with Event Tickets. If there was a 1-day sale where you could buy that sweater directly from the woman in Indonesia and got shut out, then would you be upset with the RETAILER when you were forced to buy through them?

It's the same concept.

The only difference is that there is a price on the ticket that says how much you COULD have paid if you were able to buy it at the time of the onsale. Maybe instead of Small, Medium and Large, we should put the TRUE COST of $3.50 on that Abercrombie Tag.

having said all of that, I truly think that most people's image of a ticket broker is some shady guy standing on the corner, right before an event hustlling tickets. That represents only a small minority of us.. I have never (and never will) do that!

Most of my NEW customers come to me because they weren't able to buy comparable seats (for whatever reasons..). But many of my customers come back to me time and time again. In fact, there are quite a few who don't even bother trying with Ticketmaster, Ebay, or others... They come DIRECTLY to me. Why? It is because I don't only provide my customers with great tickets, I provide them with GREAT SERVICE. Please check my feedback. I feel that it speaks for itself.

With the amount of competition on the secondary market, my goal is to make sure that EVERY SINGLE ONE of my customers think of me FIRST when they have ticket needs. If I don't accomplish that with every one of my customers, then I consider myself a failure. With my Customer Service and Business Backgrounds, I fully understand the need to win over my customers, especially in a market such as this where competition is FIERCE and a percentage of the public does not look favorably on your profession.

Sorry if I rambled here, and I'm sorry if you think that I'm "Pond Scum" who preys on people's admiration of a band or team.. I think that it's safer to say that I provide a service to my customers in a market where DEMAND far outweighs the SUPPLY. I'm just like you all trying to pay my mortgage, car payment, and my kid's education.

Thanks again for this opportunity.

k-rider

You're not supposed to sell something on e-bay that isn't already in your possession.

Anyway, I give up on GA! I'm not going to pay $500 for a pair of tickets that where i have to stand in line for 12 hours in the freezing cold then have a chance of maybe getting somewhere near the stage.

I'm sure you brokers will do better business with your U2 GA then you did with the Madonna shows last year (b/c the GA tix are so cheap and nobody can seem to be able to get them). But don't be surprised if you have to drop your prices quite a bit based on all the fan reactions today.

Very true... prices WILL drop. They will peak during the week after they sell out, and slowly drop until the day of the show. Unfortunately, the later you wait, the more of a gamble it is to secure tickets for yourself. That's why TONS of people buy early.

Like I said, it's all about Supply and Demand, and knowing when to buy and when to sell.

Not to mention, if you look at each venue's schedule, most of them are Quite Open. There is NOTHING around the MSG and Fleetcenter dates. Do we really think that the shows that are announced and that have/will go onsale this week are the ONLY ones that will happen?

It wouldn't surprise me to see 3-4 MSG shows as well as the 2 in NJ (and maybe a 3rd there too). Look for another date in Boston as well...

There will be plenty of tickets for everyone... I promise.

k-rider said:
It's GREAT because I get to raise my kids instead of send them off to Day Care All day long..
Then why don't you make your kid proud and get a legitimate job, douchebag.
My customers pay me for the SERVICE that I provide to them...
I love how you say the term "customers" with such prestige and confidence. Don't be so sure in the fact that your customers are happy with the "service" you are providing them.
...right now I only have ONE pair of tickets to this tour.
Wow. I feel so sorry for you.
How about getting upset with Abercrombie when you have to pay $89 for a Sweater? It Obviously doesn't cost that much to produce or sell... (There's somebody in Indonesia getting paid $5/wk to make it).
There is not just one, single type of sweater in the world that you can buy. There are many sweaters you can buy, at lower prices.

There is only one U2, at only one price, at only one event. Try again.
I'm just like you all trying to pay my mortgage, car payment, and my kid's education.
I love how this guy tries to make himself seem more human. As if we care about your life.
Thanks again for this opportunity.
Sorry, when did you receive an invitation?

(That's your cue to leave)

Rot in hell, asswipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom