Video clip of Discotheque on U2log.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
U2log.com has two short video clips of Discotheque from Saturday night, as well as Eddie Vedder signing Old Man River.

The quality is not very good, so it doesn't really do justice to the awesome re-mix version and astonishing visuals we got, but it gives you and idea!

I got chills looking at it... like I said they really turned the place into a giant rave/dance club. It sounded like nothing else they`ve ever done live. Can't wait to get a good mp3 of this:drool:

it is actually amazing, no other words really, something you would expect to see at a posh nightclub lol, hope a dvd comes out of this show :)

KUEFC09U2 said:
it is actually amazing, no other words really, something you would expect to see at a posh nightclub lol, hope a dvd comes out of this show :)

Yeah, but I'm not a fan of dance clubs, that's the thing. I'm telling you, it had the dancing, groovy part of a dance mix with the rocking and emotional power of U2. I was completely blown away on Saturday, even without time to 'digest' it (which I usually need).

But I wondered what other fans would think, this is not 'classical' U2, you know? I mean, U2log said they didn't really like it...

I really loved it...i think its great...possibly the best they have done it...though i am kinda into that indie disco kinda stuff hehe.....i just really love the dance vibe throughout...plus whatever Edge was doing during the Relax part sounded great really rocking.

I wonder if thats how U2 wanted to sound like if they had the extra month before they released pop?:hmm:

Last edited:
Wow, that was awesome, looked like that kicked ass.

I think I might have passed out when I heard Pop Musik start.:drool: :drool:

Oh God, please let me see this & Fast Cars in NY. :drool: :drool:

I just want to say it again; it's just gorgeous.

(Incase you think I'm mad; I'm not. I'm just rather fond of Discotheque; and didn't think we'd hear it on this tour.) :wink:

I wonder why the guys on U2log don't like it...i think it just sounds amazing...possibly how the guys always wanted it to sound?

It wasn't really the best quality so you couldn't really get much of a feel for it til the second half of the second clip...but I thought it was pretty sweet! :rockon: Ive got audio of Discotheque from the first Elevation show here in ATL, and this sounds way better than that, imo. If they keep at it, this could be one of the highlights of the tour. :drool:

Yeah, I saw the Discotheque in Atl. and it really didn't leave much of an impression on me as there really wasn't any sort of a light show to go with it. I think this song needs the flashing colored lights to get the full effect when played live.

As for U2log not liking it, as much as I love 'em 'cause they provide a lot of good info and tidbits, they seem to be rather cranky creatures who never miss an opportunity to take a pot shot. :shrug:

ramblin rose said:

336 Row B 10/7
57 Row D 10/8

:drool:

:cool:

336 is actually good I was somewhere in that vicinity in May..
youtwohearts and I will be there 10/7- 121 Row F
and 10/10 Loge Somewhere I forgot
:reject: U2. com tickets!

Come say hi on the 7th!

one4u2 said:

:cool:

336 is actually good I was somewhere in that vicinity in May..
youtwohearts and I will be there 10/7- 121 Row F
and 10/10 Loge Somewhere I forgot
:reject: U2. com tickets!

Come say hi on the 7th!

See you there.:dance:

Wow... I think this song has more visual effects than any of the others on the tour, by far. Instead of the simple LED (Walking man, flags), it looks as if there are actual images. I love it, I hope this stays on the set for Portland :drool:... Gorgeous. However, the only version I have heard of this live was on PopMart, how was it arranged on the Elevation tour?

LJT said:
I wonder why the guys on U2log don't like it...i think it just sounds amazing...possibly how the guys always wanted it to sound?
Yes, the most recent rethink of any Pop song is how they originally wanted it to sound. I can't wait to hear the next way they originally wanted "Discotheque" to sound.

typhoon said:

Yes, the most recent rethink of any Pop song is how they originally wanted it to sound. I can't wait to hear the next way they originally wanted "Discotheque" to sound.

uhh why are you being sarcastic?:eyebrow: relax....just do it..

I love Pop and don't really want them to tinker it...i am just wondering because of recent comments from the band about redoing Pop that maybe what they are doing now is closer to what they imagined way back when what they wanted to be like.

I also know the guys like to tinker with all their songs...multiple versions of Bullet done different ways etc So it could be just that..i was just thinking about that other possibilty

..and if you notice my avatar is from a Pop song.....

While we're discussing possibilities, it's also possible I was just kidding and not trying to be mean.

Back
Top Bottom