VH1: Tour to go into 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still think they'll tour the US with stadiums. I don't understand why they would just bag up the entire stadium production after the 2nd leg.

phanan said:
I'm thinking the band might pull another Zooropa.

It sounds like they have some material, like Mercy, that they wish to use. Perhaps after hitting Australia, Japan, etc., they will finish some tracks up and release another album in the summer of 2006 and keep the tour rolling through the rest of that year. That would probably mean another trip back to North America if that happened.

Then again, they never did come back to the U.S. for the Zooropa tour, so maybe not.

That is plausible as Bono mentioned that they wanted to put out another album within the next 2 years (although he says stuff like this all the time and it seldom materializes).

Difference in your scenario is that on Zooropa they went to Australia and Japan after Europe. They will have just played those regions if they indeed do play there in Jan/Feb 2006. So instead in the fall it could be short round of stadium shows in N. America. :shrug: Like I said before, I'm not holding my breath on this and I'm not expecting it to happen. But if it does, I'm not going to be shocked by it.

Back
Top Bottom