vertigo Tour(the name sucks so much)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tomtom said:
What some people who have complained here perhaps have missed out on is that the name for this tour is the natural counterpart to that of the previous tour. Elevation, followed by Vertigo, get it....?

Precisely. I know I've made that point several times in the last few days, as have other people, so I've just given up pointing it out because it just gets ignored.:mad:

tomtom said:
What some people who have complained here perhaps have missed out on is that the name for this tour is the natural counterpart to that of the previous tour. Elevation, followed by Vertigo, get it....?

That's actually why I don't like it. Following the Elevation Tour with the Vertigo Tour seems a little bit weak and uncreative.

reading this forum reminds me why its impossible to say anything remotely critical, creative, or artistic. I would like to make a suggestion about the title of the tour, could be psoitive or negative, but no matter what I'll probably get shit for it.

let the mudslinging start, I mean continue

That's just because people are stupid. Everyone. Me, you, them, him, her. Everyone's stupid.

Axver said:

That's actually why I don't like it. Following the Elevation Tour with the Vertigo Tour seems a little bit weak and uncreative.

as uncreative as their new album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb :down: :tsk:

Some fans seem to have a very fragile memory, they don´t remember when I started a topic asking names for the new U2 tour. One of my rules said "NO SONG NOR ALBUM NAME" I mean, No Atomic Bomb Tour, No Vertigo Tour, etc, because I want U2 to be creative this time. They didn´t care about that at all, like always :tsk:

Is The Edge still out there ? :confused:

Last edited:
mofo82 said:
reading this forum reminds me why its impossible to say anything remotely critical, creative, or artistic. I would like to make a suggestion about the title of the tour, could be psoitive or negative, but no matter what I'll probably get shit for it.

let the mudslinging start, I mean continue

Ok. I see your point, and I agree with what you say. However, whining about the name for no apparent reason does not constitute "anything critical, creative, or artistic". That is what we are responding to. So things have got a little heated... for no good reason, really. I dunno about you lot, but I'm jacking this one in shortly as we're just going round the magic arsing roundabout.

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to say:up::cool:after my last post. My apologies.:up::cool:

*internal dialogue:
:angel: step away from the thread and put the keyboard down.
:macdevil: but it's such fun...*:wink:

Last edited:
Remind me again. Since when is it up to us to decide what U2 does? And being a conformist would mean that I wasn't originally happy with what they were doing, and then settled with it anyway. But, like many other fans, I acctually like their work from 2000 on, so therefore, not a conformist. But, excuse me, you constant whining about the new album is really going to help U2 "improve themselves". I should leave you to your constructive criticism.

ponkine said:

as uncreative as their new album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb :down: :tsk:

Could you please tell me why HTDAAB is an uncreative name? You're such a fan of earlier and nineties U2 - how is Pop a creative name? HTDAAB is far, far better than Pop.

Some fans seem to have a very fragile memory, they don´t remember when I started a topic asking names for the new U2 tour. One of my rules said "NO SONG NOR ALBUM NAME" I mean, No Atomic Bomb Tour, No Vertigo Tour, etc, because I want U2 to be creative this time. They didn´t care about that at all, like always :tsk:

Since when did U2 have to follow your rules? Also, Pop --> Popmart. Is THAT uncreative?

Is The Edge still out there ? :confused:

Is your brain still out there? :confused: :tsk: :down:

ponkine said:

At least I have ideas for U2, I want them to improve themselves :( I´m not a conformist :help:

U2 have PLENTY of ideas. They're just not your ideas. Grow up. Stop being selfish and expecting U2 to do whatever you want.

I know, I know - I said I was butting out - but just one last little thing:
I think, personally, that there is a big difference between being non-conformist and being obnoxious just for the hell of it.
:) Night all! :)

Lancemc said:
I'm enjoying it too...every devilish, tempted, spiteful once of me.:mad: :wink:

Aw, sod butting out. Life's too short.

Zooropean103 said:

Remember, it always could been ATOMIC TOUR or BOMB TOUR...

Can you imagine the criticism U2 would have got if they'd called it the "Bomb" Tour? No doubt some people (nobody specific) would have accused them of exploiting human tragedy, etc etc etc, just like they were accused of exploiting 9/11 with ATYCLB , which made no sense whatsoever.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Can you imagine the criticism U2 would have got if they'd called it the "Bomb" Tour? No doubt some people (nobody specific) would have accused them of exploiting human tragedy, etc etc etc, just like they were accused of exploiting 9/11 with ATYCLB , which made no sense whatsoever.

Didn't you hear? U2 cause tragedies so that they can exploit them.

:rolleyes:

ponkine said:

At least I have ideas for U2, I want them to improve themselves :( I´m not a conformist :help:

You're not remotely non-conformist..I've seen tons and tons of people online expressing their distaste/dissappointment for the new album.

Back
Top Bottom