Vertigo Tour Program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenlight7-11

War Child
I've been hearing from a lot of people that the tour program is a rip-off. I sort of collect tour programs so I was disappointed to learn that maybe I should steer clear of this one.

What specifically makes it a rip-off (is it printed on cheap paper, is it poorly designed, etc)? Does anyone have scans of it so I can see what I'd be getting myself into if I buy one?

Don't steer clear. It's nice to keep, and would be a good addition to any collection. Quality paper and quite a bit to read about the band's views on the songs. Nothing that you haven't read before though. It's nice to read the credits at the back. $20 in the US!

actually thought it was pretty good, specially when my bro told me duran duran were charging £20 for pretty much a photo book

wasnt it £15 , thats a disgraceful amount. if they halved the price they would sell way more than double the amount, (i would have bought one) and make more money.

maybe I have been looking at the wrong thing. There is a book that is $70 U.S. . Is this the program or is it a special book. At least that was the price of some sort of book at the phx shows.

A little help

I liked it. People will be saying it is a rip off just cos it is expensive, which I agree with. But for a tour program it's pretty good, similar to Elevation tour ones. If your willing to pay the price then get it... you'll be glad of it in the future :)

be careful with what you read on these forums, some interviews ive read on here were taken from the tour programme so i had read it all before! :(

otherwise im glad i bought one, even for 15 big ones :up:

Vertigo Fly said:
I liked it. People will be saying it is a rip off just cos it is expensive, which I agree with. But for a tour program it's pretty good, similar to Elevation tour ones. If your willing to pay the price then get it... you'll be glad of it in the future :)

No stickers though...(Omigod I'm like a kid:lol: )

Thanks for the input, folks. I'll probably pick one up then. I'm not too put off by the $20 price because, after all, that's about the average price for tour programs these days. I'd still love to see some scans, though, if anyone has any.

ybird3k said:
wasnt it £15 , thats a disgraceful amount. if they halved the price they would sell way more than double the amount, (i would have bought one) and make more money.

It was actually £10 and I thought it was worth it

It's a much better deal than the $35 T-shirts. I've washed mine maybe three or four times and the design on it is already starting to crack and chip. It took my Popmart shirt at least a year to do that!

I nearly always stay well clear of programmes as they are such a rip off. The Live 8 programme, however, cost £10 and was a whole 210 pages long and well worth reading. Now if they can do it, and presumably raise money, why can't other acts?

play it cool said:
I nearly always stay well clear of programmes as they are such a rip off. The Live 8 programme, however, cost £10 and was a whole 210 pages long and well worth reading. Now if they can do it, and presumably raise money, why can't other acts?

It's entirely possible that everyone associated with putting it together -- from graphic designers to the printer -- donated their time, services and supplies to the cause, so that's why it could be inexpensive and still make a profit.

rastacruz said:
I purchased a program and three posters in Denver. those will last much longer than any t-shirt will.

Yeah, but that stiff paper doesn't half rub.:tsk:

rastacruz said:
I purchased a program and three posters in Denver. those will last much longer than any t-shirt will.

Not so sure about that - one go in the washing machine and they'll be fucked!:laugh:

I like the program and the layout of the photos and stories and stuff like that. It has some drawings and rough designs (probably similar to the HTDAAB book) A nice souvineur to say the least.

bono_man2002 said:
My Vertigo '05 Booklet is great...its even Got Edge's Real Signature in it :)

That's enough to make anything great :wink:

Back
Top Bottom