Vertigo Tour: Plan to Get On-Stage and Play Guitar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
alright, i really really want to get on stage on this tour and play a song on gutiar with Bono (Flower Child, Acrobat, anything!). I heard that people were pulled up onstage during the Elevation tour. Where's the best place to be to get called up? I'm thinking either right up close to the stage or on the outside of the oval. If anyone has Elevation video of people getting pulled on-stage, that would be wonderful.

a girl next to me got pulled up in dallas, and she was at the tip of the heart on the outside. not sure if this helps.

jphelmet said:
a girl next to me got pulled up in dallas, and she was at the tip of the heart on the outside. not sure if this helps.

it helps alot, thanks! :up: . I was thinking just outside the oval would be good. Did they pull her up during the b-stage set? did she get to play gutiar? or was this one of bono's wowy/ the fly acts?

People get Ready, there's a train coming
Picking up passengers, coast to coast
Faith is the key
It opens the doors and borders
You don't need no ticket
YOu just get on board

During a large number of the Joshua Tree shows Bono pulled fans up to play People Get Ready ... awesome stuff

Man, you got bold ambitions. I'm just planning on getting in the building first. I don't care where I end up. ;)

I think some of the people who were pulled onstage had signs saying they could play guitar or even had the chords of songs Bono typically pulled people onstage to play - notably People Get Ready.

Personally, while I do not expect to get onstage, I think I will learn the chords to some songs ... and then break out in something obscure like An Cat Dubh if I do end up onstage by some miracle.

I know how to get on stage but no one will get on stage until the 3rd leg, when U2 is comfortable will the stage and can adjust the setlist. I have been on stage with Green Day and P.O.D.

-----------------------
| |
| I KNOW THE |
| CHORDS FOR |
| AN CAT DUBH |
| |
-----------------------

That should do it... :wink:

Super_Fan said:
I know how to get on stage but no one will get on stage until the 3rd leg, when U2 is comfortable will the stage and can adjust the setlist. I have been on stage with Green Day and P.O.D.

how did you get on stage? any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom