Vertigo Tour Announcement: Will Adam Be There?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
They say that the tour announcement is Monday. Will Adam be there this time? Maybe they'll actually PLAY a song this time, as opposed to the Elevtion tour announcement. The Popmart tour announcement was probably the best (Holy Joe!! KMart!!!). Maybe they'll do something big this year. . . ?

I hear the band are scheduled to be in the Himalayas on Monday. Perhaps thats a clue as to what they'll do to launch the VERTIGO tour :wink:

Whatever they do, I can't wait - its gonna be another one of those great great U2 years - bring it on!

Has it been announced that U2 are having a public tour announcement and not just something to be posted on U2.com?

I've not read or heard anything that suggests the band will announce it themselves publically as per the last two tours.

It's not as if they need to announce it publically, but knowing how much they are into pushing themselves in promotional terms, and especially with this album, which they, like me, are obviously very happy with, then hopefully they might make an appearance somewhere, be it in the real world or virtual world.

My guess is U2.com could carry a pre-recorded video clip of them announcing it from HQ with a track or two from rehearsals if thats where they are at of late. But I'll be happy whatever they do - a U2 tour is on its way :drool: :drool: :drool:

it's doesn't matter how they announce it, either way I am happy that it is finally being announced given the recent circumstances.

Prediction:

U2 Announce World Tour from back of flat bed truck parked at truck stop in El Reno, Oklahoma just off of Interstate 40. Adam is busy buying slim jims for the road so is not available for comment.

The announcement will be broadcast live on TRL to 20 million American and Canadian youths who don't know who U2 are, but love the Ipod commercial.

Bono will finally explain the Catorce.

MTV will have Carson Daly appear as a special TRL guest to put his head up his ass.

The announcement will immediately be downloadable for $.99 at itunes.com.

There will be pints involved.

Bono will be wearing the "girls gone wild" straw cowboy hat.

It'll be great.

reggiethedawg said:
I hear the band are scheduled to be in the Himalayas on Monday. Perhaps thats a clue as to what they'll do to launch the VERTIGO tour :wink:

For real?! I LOVE what Bono wrote about the Himalayas in the HTDAAB book. That'd be way too cool if they actually did that.

Why are people speculating Clayton won't make it? If anything it will be Edge who can't make it because he is the one rumored to have the family illness.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Why are people speculating Clayton won't make it? If anything it will be Edge who can't make it because he is the one rumored to have the family illness.

Cheers,

J

Yes...of course. :slant:

Just Adam was a bit stiff at the last tour announcement. *

*He was a cardboard cut out. He didn't get back to Dublin for the MTV announcement.

Back
Top Bottom