Vertigo DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know if anyone already posted this(I coldn't find it anywhere)

This is the setlist for the Chicago show shown earlier this evning on swedish television:

City of blining lights
Vertigo
Electric Co
New Year's Day
Somtimes you can't make it on your own
Love and peace or else
Bullet the blue sky
Runnig to stand still
Human rights
Where the strees have no name
One
Mysterious Ways
Original of the spiecies
Yahweh

Quie a few songs cut out actually...

Have any of you people who are bashing the Party Girl version ever stopped to think how you would feel if your personal performance with U2 had occurred on the night of the DVD taping and it wasn't included on the DVD?? Even if you don't like the song Laura performed, give her a freakin' break. It was the moment of her life. All of you moaning about the potential inclusion of that awesome and unique version of Party Girl are just jealous it wasn't you up there. And you know what??? There's are really cool button on your DVD if it is - it's called skip. I for one will be very sad if it's not on there because Laura is a personal friend. That's my 2 cents...

nativeson said:
Don't know if anyone already posted this(I coldn't find it anywhere)

This is the setlist for the Chicago show shown earlier this evning on swedish television:

City of blining lights
Vertigo
Electric Co
New Year's Day
Somtimes you can't make it on your own
Love and peace or else
Bullet the blue sky
Runnig to stand still
Human rights
Where the strees have no name
One
Mysterious Ways
Original of the spiecies
Yahweh

Quie a few songs cut out actually...
the actual DVD release has everything else, this was just a "sneak peak" the actual DVD has :

City Of Blinding Lights

Vertigo

Elevation

Cry/Electric Co.

An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

Beautiful Day

New Years Day

Miracle Drug

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Love And Peace Or Else

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Bullet The Blue Sky

Running To Standstill

Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Where The Streets Have No Name

One

Zoo Station

The Fly

Mysterious Ways

All Because Of You

Original Of The Species

Yahweh

so the version shown on swedish TV has like 9 songs missing

psychou2fan said:
Have any of you people who are bashing the Party Girl version ever stopped to think how you would feel if your personal performance with U2 had occurred on the night of the DVD taping and it wasn't included on the DVD?? Even if you don't like the song Laura performed, give her a freakin' break. It was the moment of her life. All of you moaning about the potential inclusion of that awesome and unique version of Party Girl are just jealous it wasn't you up there. And you know what??? There's are really cool button on your DVD if it is - it's called skip. I for one will be very sad if it's not on there because Laura is a personal friend. That's my 2 cents...

You ROCK!
It would be a great inclusion.. something different and memorable.. I for one would enjoy it

Yes but since U2 are really bringing back some of the past thigns (i.e. return to running to stand still, wild horses, electric co, other stuff, inviting bruce springsteen in philly like in 87, and so on and so forth)

party girl would have been nice..

then again they usually aim the DVD for the more the more general audience instead of us hardcores...

because they know we're gonna buy it no matter what.. they need to put all the famous and new songs on the setlist so that the "new" fans buy it.

psychou2fan said:

saviour of the thread.

psychou2fan said:

The reason U2 cannot include fans playing with the band on the DVD is for legal issues. The fan could have a claim on any royalties that the DVD generates. I'm sure U2's lawyers nixed the idea.

Last edited:
psychou2fan said:

:up:

the DVD's out in a little over a week, right? :drool:

Vertigo_DVD_01.jpg

Vertigo_DVD_03.jpg

Vertigo_DVD_02.jpg

U2_Vertigo_Chicago_14.jpg

U2_Vertigo_Chicago_13.jpg

U2_Vertigo_Chicago_12.jpg

U2_Vertigo_Chicago_11.jpg

U2_Vertigo_Chicago_10.jpg

ntalwar said:

The reason U2 cannot include fans playing with the band on the DVD is for legal issues. The fan could have a claim on any royalties that the DVD generates. I'm sure U2's lawyers nixed the idea.

Royalties for what? Playing a U2 song? Wouldn't the fan have to be a card carrying member of the RIAA to collect any monies? And didn't the venue have some sort of disclaimer for those attending the show that they may be filmed and appear in an official band production? Otherwise wouldn't they have to put the mosaic blurry squares over the faces in the front row? And if there were these types of legal issues, they wouldn't have brought the fan up there in the first place, right? Maybe the performance just wasn't good enough to make the dvd? These are all valid questions, I guess.

I'm sure that U2 could have offered some sort of compensation to the fan (as if being eternally memorialized in a dvd wasn't enough) to allow that small footage in the dvd.

Maybe the FAN is the one who refused to have themselves included in the video, too.. always a possibility.

Last edited:
u2wedge said:

Royalties for what? Playing a U2 song? Wouldn't the fan have to be a card carrying member of the RIAA to collect any monies? And didn't the venue have some sort of disclaimer for those attending the show that they may be filmed and appear in an official ban production? Otherwise would they have to put the mosaic blurry squares over the faces in the front row? And if there were these types of legal issues, they wouldn't have brought the fan up there in the first place, right? Maybe the performance just wasn't good enough to make the dvd? These are all valid questions, I guess.

I'm sure that U2 could have offered some sort of compensation to the fan (as if being eternally memorialized in a dvd wasn't enough) to allow that small footage in the dvd.

Maybe the FAN is the one who refused to have themselves included in the video, too.. always a possibility.

Yeah, good points. There are probably several reasons for not including the song. The disclaimer on the ticket applies mainly to use of image. By performing with the band, the fan becomes the 5th member of U2(for one song, legally speaking) and could potentially claim a share of revenues - RIAA member or not.

ntalwar said:

Yeah, good points. There are probably several reasons for not including the song. The disclaimer on the ticket applies mainly to use of image. By performing with the band, the fan becomes the 5th member of U2(for one song, legally speaking) and could potentially claim a share of revenues - RIAA member or not.

The fan might think that they are the 5th member of U2, but I think the band would kindly consider them a 'special guest'.

u2wedge said:

Royalties for what? Playing a U2 song? Wouldn't the fan have to be a card carrying member of the RIAA to collect any monies? And didn't the venue have some sort of disclaimer for those attending the show that they may be filmed and appear in an official band production? Otherwise wouldn't they have to put the mosaic blurry squares over the faces in the front row? And if there were these types of legal issues, they wouldn't have brought the fan up there in the first place, right? Maybe the performance just wasn't good enough to make the dvd? These are all valid questions, I guess.

:eyebrow:

the fan expects no royalties

the fan signed 3 copies of the same waiver stating it as such

the fan hasn't had any contact with anyone remotely close to u2's camp in regards to inclusion on the dvd

the fan has no greedy or delusional motives

let's not blame "the fan" here, k?

Stories, Sorry your performance didn't make the DVD. Just curious though, how did the waiver thing work. Did you sign them after the fact or what. Just curious of the inner workings and all. Thanks,

rantor49 said:
Stories, Sorry your performance didn't make the DVD. Just curious though, how did the waiver thing work. Did you sign them after the fact or what. Just curious of the inner workings and all. Thanks,

i signed one after they taped a bunch of fan interviews with people in the GA line on may 7th. i signed the other two during the shows, one after each time i was on stage.

Stories for Boys said:

i signed one after they taped a bunch of fan interviews with people in the GA line on may 7th. i signed the other two during the shows, one after each time i was on stage.

Thanks for the insight. I hope your performance will be an easter egg also. If not, they can't take away the memories or the pictures or the audio and video that were recorded by audience members from you :wink:

U2Wedge, this may have been answered already--where'd you get the DVD? can't wait to see it!

Apple has the new iPod TV ad with a U2 DVD clip here:

htt p://www .apple.com/ipod/ads/

It looks awesome - great camera work.:drool:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom