Vertigo 3rd leg - what do you think U2 will change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mitcher16

The Fly
I saw U2 Vancouver I and Dublin II and loved both shows.
In my opinion it will be tough to top what they have already done.
You think they will stick with the same production except changing up a few songs?
Can't wait for Toronto II !!!

I saw a couple of European shows. I think one particular part of the U2 show that really worked was the rotating of the support bands. I think they have helped keep a pretty stagnant stadium show fresh, and they should certainly keep this alive in the upcoming 2nd leg.

Saying that I hear Arade Fire are supposed to be supporting them for three of their four nights in Toronto. With only a few weeks before the start of the next leg, and no main support act like the Kings of Leon on the first leg, it does look like they might adpot this approach in America and Canada.

that would be a great change. One thing I was surprised was how quick it was to get into Croke Park. Sometimes concerts in Canada they are so unorganized that most times you miss the opening band because the line to get in is so bloody slow!

most likely, i think they will only change a few songs (3 at most)

i would be delighted to hear that during this break they committed themselves to changing the 3rd leg, and working hard at rehearsaing new songs etc., but honestly i can't see that happening. they just toured pretty hard for a good 2 months or so, they are older now, and i'm sure they'd rather spend the vacation with their families than holded up in a rehearsal room.

marik said:
most likely, i think they will only change a few songs (3 at most)

i would be delighted to hear that during this break they committed themselves to changing the 3rd leg, and working hard at rehearsaing new songs etc., but honestly i can't see that happening. they just toured pretty hard for a good 2 months or so, they are older now, and i'm sure they'd rather spend the vacation with their families than holded up in a rehearsal room.
personally i think edge should spend the month with his daughter

What about the stage? I don't think that it will be 100% the same as it was for Leg 1. There could be some changes.

Zoovation said:
What about the stage? I don't think that it will be 100% the same as it was for Leg 1. There could be some changes.
how do you think it could change?

am not to sure if there is anything new they can add to the indoor stage

Zoovation said:

i think maybe a couple new graphics for the curtains of lights, hopefully the Yahweh and Miracle Drug graphics will make an appearance. Thats about all I'd expect though.

I'm sure that they will use some lightning effects and graphics from Leg 2. I remember that Willie Williams said that they will use the same stage.

A couple of songs probably will be added.
Hopefully Crumbs From Your Table, Electrical Storm and Please - the first two rehearsed, the third reportedly rehearsed during the 1st leg.
Even Better Than the Real Thing could also make an appearance.

I won't even start with my hopes.(Acrobat! Love is Blindness! Ultra Violet! Dirty Day! Exit!)

i think they can throw in a few other tunes and retire others

additions: Crumbs, OOTS (regularly), UTEOTW, perhaps Electrical Storm

Drops: Electric Co, Miss Sarejvo, Pride (taken out half the time)

why do so many people want to see pride retired :(, i mean i know its been played to death etc, but hearing the crowd singing along is amazing, theres not many others you would get the crowd singing woo ooo woo oo to for such a long time

KUEFC09U2 said:
why do so many people want to see pride retired :(, i mean i know its been played to death etc, but hearing the crowd singing along is amazing, theres not many others you would get the crowd singing woo ooo woo oo to for such a long time

I agree. While I can understand that people get sick of hearing certain songs over and over...and over again, and while I totally agree that it's probably lost a lot of its spark over the years, you still can't deny that it's a fan favorite and that there are thousands of people in every audience that haven't seen U2 in concert yet. It's like a debate I was reading on an REM forum w/ people complaining about them still playing Losing My Religion and Man on the Moon at every single concert. Well, I'd be mighty pissed off if I went to my first REM concert and didn't hear those songs. You've got to concede a few spots in the setlist for greatest hits, and when they bring back Electric Co, Zoo Station, An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Gloria, The Ocean etc (which I was was also thrilled to hear, or would love to hear on the 3rd leg) you've kind of got to allow for the Pride/WOWY/ISHFWILF lot.

Pride is a brilliant song, but it could use a rest here and there. They didn't play ISFHWILF, WOWY, or Bad at many of the shows this tour. I didn't hear many on this forum complaining too loudly that they missed them.

he looked like he would just kick your ass at any moment

"you don't GET Pop?"

Oooh I forgot to add this to my previous post yesterday, I hope they introduce "Crumbs" into the set-list.

One of the most powerful songs on the new record, I still cannot believe they didn't debut it in Europe over the summer.

Steviec28 said:
Oooh I forgot to add this to my previous post yesterday, I hope they introduce "Crumbs" into the set-list.

One of the most powerful songs on the new record, I still cannot believe they didn't debut it in Europe over the summer.

Well they did rehearse it. I don't know what there waiting for. Pride just needs to be played a few nights, not every single one. Same with Bullet. Just rotate them like Bad.

What I think we had with the second leg is with big Stadiums most outdoor they boys were using it as a time to really play to the general audience songs like I Will Follow etc......Remember the First Leg of Elevation was similar but the 3rd leg was more stripped down and a lot of surprises got pulled out *In Gods Country,All Along The Watchtower, Knocking On Heavens Door, My Sweet Lord*

I think the first dozen dates on the 3rd leg will be more of a getting used to and adjusting time for them but I think they have a couple more goodies in store.

I'll be disappointed if they don't make at least a few changes, but the only one I really want them to make is the addition of Crumbs. If they don't add it, it'll be a baffling decision not to play it on any part of the tour.

Back
Top Bottom