Vertigo 2005: Live in Chicago on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dudette

The Fly
Wednesday November 16, 11:05pm
Vertigo 2005: U2 Live In Chicago
Fancy seeing Bono strut his leather-clad 'stuff' on stage in the windy city? Look no further! See the pint-sized Irish rock god warble his way through U2's biggest hits while the band's sound system, video screen and lighting rig use up more electricity than it would take to power the world for a year. Or something.

How odd! I mean playing it on telly 2 days after it's realeased does seem rather bizarre. :scratch:

It's broadcast on Irish TV on Saturday on Net 2 at 11:30 and in Britain on Channel 4 at 11:00

:shocked: OMG, I hope that it airs in the US too!!!!
Does anyone know if it will?

*runs to check*:hyper:

Carmelu2fan said:
:shocked: OMG, I hope that it airs in the US too!!!!
Does anyone know if it will?

*runs to check*:hyper:

MTV2 is supposed to be airing something prior to the release... check your local listings...

some one will record it on dvd?
but is it good to torrent a tv program that show an official release?:confused:

lud said:
but is it good to torrent a tv program that show an official release?:confused:

Recording boots and uploading them for people to listen to is one thing, but making illegal copies of easily obtainable commerical releases is out of order as far as I'm concerned.

(and to be honest, I'd rather have an original DVD anyway!)

that's why i ask this question....
mtv jammed promo show aired on tv and as far as i remember there was vcd when boston 2001 aired on tv too...so...
but when i see preview of this show i can't wait for the full show ..................14november!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though contrary to my previous post, in actual fact, some TV broadcasts differ to the official release which makes them in their own right unique.

The Broadcast version of Zoo TV sydney differed from the official release, because the broadcast version had some of the concert graphics on the screen itself

(ie the karaoke lyrics during lemon, and I think some of the words and numbers during FLY and UTEOTW as well.)

It's not the whole show being broadcasted. on a sidenote I'm pretty sure my tape of Zoo Tv having graphic, like fly words and that star map during Love is blindness.

but doesn't the official Sydney video HAS those words flashing IN the screen? :eyebrow:

Maybe they had ZooTV on the corner, like real networks and their logos

Well it's funny you should say that because I went to watch my video the other night and the Lemon karaoke definitely wasn't on there, which surprised me a bit.

I didnt check back on the fly & UTEOTW though, it may well be there.

my UK version ZOO TV Sydney DVD definitley has the FLY words up on the screen, cannot recall anything on UTEOTW

With lemon the words can be seen on the screen on the stage for a lot of it anyway so i cannot remember if it comes up seperate and with LIB they might hsow a few effects on the screen...not 100% they may just be showing the screen at the show rather than their own imprint!

mo786 said:
my UK version ZOO TV Sydney DVD definitley has the FLY words up on the screen, cannot recall anything on UTEOTW

At the end during the bull fight numbers come flashing up on the screen...at least on my version.

bono_man2002 said:

At the end during the bull fight numbers come flashing up on the screen...at least on my version.

same here, a bunch of numbers and years flash rele quick

then they show the bomb film

Back
Top Bottom