Vertiblog sez: Bring Your 'Desire' Signs to the Fall Leg Shows...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:

Yes, let's drop the ultimate live U2 song.

Streets is stale as hell. I'm bored just thinking about. Other people love it. :shrug: whatever.

The NY lyric was changed everywhere I believe. Are we really arguing about a song that we are not dedicating? Just let the band pick something first before we all start to bitch about it. sheesh.

Last edited:
The band seriously considered dropping Streets before the tour. There's an interview where that's mentioned.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

This will truly be last post because you are twisting and turning everything I say.

:blahblah:

Now you ARE a liar, as you said that you weren't going to post anymore. :wink:

now go ruin another thread!

Last edited:
I don't consider a smilie a post. But since you couldn't debate my true last post everyone realizes you have nothing to stand on. Hey but have fun trying.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I don't consider a smilie a post. But since you couldn't debate my true last post everyone realizes you have nothing to stand on. Hey but have fun trying.

Is that the best you've got? I mean besides the smilie post that seemed like you were telling everyone YOU had nothing to stand on?! Seriously. I mean, it's one thing to dive into someone's thread and have an opposing opinion, I mean, that's what forums are for, to discuss ideas and opinions.

But then you immediately take things to the level of my awareness of the U2 catalog and then juxtapose that with your perception of reality and then accuse me of all sorts of things none of which are substantiated. Then you turn this into my wanting U2 to play Desire for the destitute and homeless, which I NEVER SAID. And then you call me a jackass for asking you to put your money where your mouth is. Like I said before, you've got selective reading mode turned on. Replies with less than two sentences and/or smilies only are pretty pointless.

You're not worth debating, brother.

This thread is officially ended. Any post from you past this point will be considered flaming.

I'm going to go listen to a New York Elevation show in honor of the victims of 9/11.

Last edited:
u2wedge said:
Any post from you past this point will be considered flaming.

Even if he posts "in all seriousness, I love you and think you are the most amazing person in all of history"? :wink:

i truly fail to see how desire has (or has ever had) anything to do with new orleans. especially in their current situation.

lover, i'm on the street

very, very sensitive. and that's just the opening line. it gets better...

over the counter with a shotgun
pretty soon everybody got one

aaw, a line for all the criminals, because after all, they need bono's love too.

and the fever getting higher

let's not forget to remind them of all of their sick and dying!

i'm sorry, but the song is just completely inappropriate. if bono dedicated a song with lyrics such as those to the victims of hurricane katrina, i would be horrified.

Axver said:
The band seriously considered dropping Streets before the tour. There's an interview where that's mentioned.

Bono didn't want to play Pride on Popmart but others persuaded him. So what? BTW this was not about what the band wants.

I really don't think they'll ever not play the song where "God walks into the room, even at our worst show." (Bono) and their most universally loved live song, arguably the highlight of each tour.

Last edited:
U2girl said:

Bono didn't want to play Pride on Popmart but others persuaded him. So what? BTW this was not about what the band wants.

I really don't think they'll ever not play the song where "God walks into the room, even at our worst show." (Bono) and their most universally loved live song, arguably the highlight of each tour.

I still remain disappointed Bono didn't get his way on Popmart, considering how much Pride sucked on that tour.

And I was really surprised to see they even considered for a second dropping Streets. I too never thought they'd drop it. But it's nice to know even in the static world of U2 setlists, they at least thought about something radical.

Back
Top Bottom