Vent About The Presale Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The moment I heard that U2 would be selling tickets to their concerts over the internet I got this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach(or it could've had more to do with the beans I had for lunch!?):huh: But I just knew that it would turn out to be a complete fiasko!! I can only hope that they will have ironed out most of the major kinks by the time tickets go on sale for the Scandinavian venues!?:ohmy: They should've stuck to the tired and tested and succesful method of old, bring back Propaganda, alls forgiven!!!:bow:

THE PETITION FOR CHARITY AGAINST U2.COM

To: u2.com
If you are upset by the treatement you received from U2.com, and its associates regarding ticketing and membership fees please sign this petition requesting that the band 'U2' donate the u2.com memberships fees to an as yet to be named charitible organisation.

There is reported to be 90'000 u2.com members. Each member has paid 40 dollars.

This petition will be handed to the band at every u2 concert, commencing with San Diego on March 28.

If you have any questions regarding this petition please contact:

stephen o regan
new york
freeloaderproductions@eircom.net

please include your name, u2.com username and contact email address.

sincerly

stephen o regan

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

oceane said:
I am mad, but I think that the people who are claiming that they are literally giving up on U2 might be reacting a bit quickly and out of (understandable) anger. U2 has done many things that I disagree with in the past, but I often disagree with the people I love the most, so I can disagree with my favourite band.

I'm pissed off at the price they are charging since the last tour, I don't think there is any good reason to ask for 160$ plus service charge for any decent seat. That's a total ripp-off. And the pre-sale fiasco is really pissing me off like all of you.

But I don't think that the band intended to screw us over. I just think they're disconnected, and they probably have been for a while. But for some reason it doesn't always show. I think it's true that the promoters probably dealt directly with this whole thing, and not the band themselves.

But the bottom line is they SHOULD be involved more closely with this part of their business, the fact that they literally outsourced their fan club is disgusting.

I'm mad, but I'm still a U2 fan, and I will still do whatever I need to go to see them on this tour, and I know once again it will be an amazing experience. But I really hope they apologize to us ASAP and fix the problem for the future.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more - I have the same mixed feelings. I would also likely blame Paul for most of this horses**t. The band entrusts him to run all of this; I doubt they are even remotely involved in ticketing. Paul has always taken a strong interest in developing U2's fan base and rewarding their most loyal fans. He didn't bother this time.

I don't point the finger at the band, but someone is certainly responsible for the series of decisions that led to the current situation. Someone decided to charge fans $40 for the same content and services that u2.com previously provided for free...including the ticket pre-sale. Someone decided to announce the official demise of Propaganda to coincide with the hype of a new album and tour, and then used this to "sell" fans and Prop members on buying the u2.com subscription. Someone decided to make false, vague and misleading promises to fans, and especially Prop members that u2.com would somehow replace Prop and the service it provided. Someone is an evil genius, because it sure worked. Didn't it?:huh:

Last edited:
Re: THE PETITION FOR CHARITY AGAINST U2.COM

Appy said:

To: u2.com
If you are upset by the treatement you received from U2.com, and its associates regarding ticketing and membership fees please sign this petition requesting that the band 'U2' donate the u2.com memberships fees to an as yet to be named charitible organisation.

There is reported to be 90'000 u2.com members. Each member has paid 40 dollars.

This petition will be handed to the band at every u2 concert, commencing with San Diego on March 28.

If you have any questions regarding this petition please contact:

stephen o regan
new york
freeloaderproductions@eircom.net

please include your name, u2.com username and contact email address.

sincerly

stephen o regan

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

I signed! I ended up posting twice though, so I hope they can delete one :|

anyone who thinks the band have no control over this needs to look at a quote from 2001:

"The band themselves are extremely involved in the business side of things -- they have been in the music industry for as long as I have, and they understand that it would be pathetic to be good at the music and bad at business."

-- Paul McGuinness, 2001

now i'm not saying that Bono's on the phone to Ticketbastard pricing tickets himself but simply that thay are involved and do have a say in how all this works, whether its the fan club or u2.com itself or what. Paul might be the spokesman but i do believe a lot of stuff needs their involvement first....

Salt on an open wound

Isn't it funny that they are trying to sucker desperate U2 fans to purchase upper-level rear view seats during the pre-sale? You can still get them for some of the venues. That is the biggest f***in joke about the whole pre-sale, on top of all the other crap. How can you possibly consider "warning" rear view seats as "priority" ticketing?

It might not have helped much, but U2.com and TM should have emailed us fans and opened up more pre-sale tix at sometime during this pre-sale. Of course, those lovely insiders would still be skimming them away before most of us legit U2.com fans got them.

All hell will probably break loose on Saturday morning. I'm going to Best Buy and buying 12 new PC's so I can increase my chances of getting tix. :wink: :wink:

Last edited:
I think youre problems should be to do with the source of the problem which wasnt U2.com it was Ticketmaster.com crashing yes the Propoganda method was a much better method to secure tickets, and in my mind Paul Maguiness has always been a money grubbing pig ever since the 80s, if it wasnt for U2 hed be a nothing in the business. He was good for them in the early years but now hes not good for them hes isolating the most die hard of fans, but in the end I still think the presale problem mostly comes down to ticketmaster being the way it is a piece of crap.

do you know that 10% TM thing must be true, that they only allow the fan clubs to sell 10% of the tickets to their fan club members, just like it said in that NY Attorney General report. Because keith urban's fan club says right on there in our fan club section tonight, they are only allowed to sell 10% of the tickets at each venue to fan club members, so therefore they have to do a lottery, but at least it's honest, we know going into it, many will not get the fan club tickets. So U2 is apparently stuck with that as well, but were they when it was Prop?

and in that case u2.con needed to be upfront about that, just like keith urban's fan club has been from the start, they are only allowed 10%, so it has to be a lottery.

Obviously u2.con far oversold their memberships with that "promise" when they knew going into it they could not sell as many tickets as their were fan club members.

You know, ultimately there is one main thing in all this troubles me, and it's nothing to do with ticket prices, ticket availability or who's to blame. It's to do with the effect it seems to be having on the fans and how they recieve each other. People seem to be dividing pretty violently over this.... reading some of the threads on this forum recently have made me really sad - watching people who used to interact bicker over something which none of us knows the truth over. The fan base is still here, it just seems different now.

beau2ifulday said:
You know, ultimately there is one main thing in all this troubles me, and it's nothing to do with ticket prices, ticket availability or who's to blame. It's to do with the effect it seems to be having on the fans and how they recieve each other. People seem to be dividing pretty violently over this.... reading some of the threads on this forum recently have made me really sad - watching people who used to interact bicker over something which none of us knows the truth over. The fan base is still here, it just seems different now.

I feel the same way beau2ifulday. I used to love to come here and lurk around, never really posted before. Everyone basically said and felt the same way I did so it was just a really comfortable place to be.

It's sad that the same thing that brought us all here together is now tearing us apart.

I agree - it seems like there are 3-4 people who are very fanatical in defending the band, they probably have a stake in this somehow. Paul has said that the band and the people it's communications department monitor these boards to keep their hands on the pulse of the fandom. The thing about the Internet is that you never know people's real agendas and we all stay so faceless. How really knows why some poeple are blindly rallying around the band, especially in the face of such ugly facts. I personally just want to make sure that my disenchantment with the band is heard loud and clear. If posting my anger makes me feel better, then so be it. It's just very upsetting b/c I used to regard U2 so highly, I've been a fan for so long. Now... they're just the Rolling Stones now - a bloated corporate band that has to produce product just to keep the wieght of its own organization running.

To everyone who's really pissed off over this whole debacle, check this link out:
petitiononline.com/pravda/
and instead of moaning, make sure you sign the petition. Get them to give something back.

Back
Top Bottom