Vancouver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Welcome to our last setlist party for a week! I'm sure speculation will soon start about how U2 intend to spend their week and what new songs, if any, will debut in Chicago, but for now, we have the second Vancouver show to speculate about. With the 'second night' setlist appearing on the first night, is it safe to say that a 'first night' set will appear tonight, or might U2 choose again to open with COBL? We'll see soon. For now, the important question:

DO WE HAVE A SOURCE?

Yesterday rather fell apart source-wise, so I hope someone has one today!

Now, allow me to give a Tim Tam to every partier. For those who don't know, the Tim Tam is, in my opinion, the Holy of Holies of chocolate biscuits and is enjoyed by many in Australia and New Zealand - along with a few lucky setlist watchers.

So settle in, have a Tim Tam, and enjoy!

By the way, to kick off the sport discussion, I see Canterbury absolutely DEMOLISHED the Sharks in last night's Super 12 fixture. The report from stuff.co.nz amused me:

Schizophrenic may not be the most PC way to describe a rugby game but it best fits the Crusaders' 77-34 win over the Sharks in their Super 12 match at Jade Stadium last night.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Good...get the Tim Tams and sports discussion out of the way early...thank you Axver!

Now timothius just needs to show up and him and I can hijack this thread with the discussion of Kiwi sports!

daygloeyes2 said:
Speaking of Australia, are the tour dates there confirmed yet?

Not yet. One music site, Access All Areas, has published this itinerary:

Brisbane - Entertainment Centre
2 January 2006
3 January 2006

Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena
6 January 2006
7 January 2006
9 January 2006
10 January 2006

Sydney - Superdome
13 January 2006
14 January 2006
17 January 2006 [my 19th birthday!]
18 January 2006

As I said yesterday, there's a chance I could make all of those. :drool: The irony? It will cost me less to do that than my flight to the three Boston shows has cost me already.

Hi all :wave:

Just caught up on the last thread.. Saw HHGTTG tonight, really enjoyed it *g*

Now I'm ready for the party *listens to JT (on cassette - have had it since 87...)*

Of course it's going to be good, it's based on the best books ever! I can't wait to see it, but I'm holding off until I'm in the US.

Oh goodness. :| The current state of South African rugby is so atrocious, I'm actually considering scratching out my country of citizenship on my passport.

I thought it was - I know it's only got so-so reviews *g* Not to mention they left an opening to do The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe ;)

They threw in a little reference to the BBC miniseries from the *thinks* mid-80s, but it was a visual one... a nice little touch nonetheless :) And Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin *giggles*

Don't want to mention anything else, lest I get lynched for spoilers :wink:

Drea said:
I thought it was - I know it's only got so-so reviews *g* Not to mention they left an opening to do The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe ;)

They threw in a little reference to the BBC miniseries from the *thinks* mid-80s, but it was a visual one... a nice little touch nonetheless :) And Alan Rickman as the voice of Marvin *giggles*

Don't want to mention anything else, lest I get lynched for spoilers :wink:

Nice...now I want to go see the movie now!

And I won't lynch you....I actually love spoilers. :wink:

kellyahern said:
I was just afraid they would screw up the movie :reject:

Yeah, I'm afraid of that - heck, from the previews, it looks like they've already screwed up some parts. But the point stands that it's Hitch-Hiker's, and just about any movie on it could be good, even if it's not great.

Looking forward to seeing it ... in about a month!

GibsonGirl said:
Oh goodness. :| The current state of South African rugby is so atrocious, I'm actually considering scratching out my country of citizenship on my passport.

Seen how the bottom three teams are from South Africa? WHY is there going to be a fifth team? I just don't get it. Though, remarkably, the Bulls are in seventh! How the hell did that one happen?

And I'd just like to say GO THE HURRICANES! against the Brumbies. With no George Gregan, the 'Canes might have a real chance of a win here!

Axver said:

Didn't beat me to it today, now did you? :wink:

No, I didn't. I think I was bad luck, because we didn't have a source for the setlist. :reject:

I have to work tomorrow :mad: so I can't stay for the whole thing tonight. But I can settle in for a bit, munch on a Tim Tam and enjoy the conversation and camaraderie!

daygloeyes2 said:
If I ever go to Australia, I am so getting some tim-tams. With all this talk, you've made me so damn curious.

I was in Australia and New Zealand for about 6 weeks and gained 10 pounds....I blame it *entirely* on the evil Tim Tam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom