Vancouver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
popmuzik99 said:
Maybe the NFL just cares about the safety of their players. If they didn't wear helmets, they'd all be brain dead.

Maybe the NFL players are just moffies. To echo timothius and axver, rugby is a true man's (and woman's :wink: ) sport. I used to have great fun when I was younger playing rugby at our local rugby club. I didn't wear a helmet, and I'm a girl. The only sport which does need helmets, in my opinion, is ice hockey. It's a high speed game so the chances of injury are far greater.

I guess people just must like "wimpy" sports because the Super Bowl is one of the highest rated events in the world every year. Just because a sport is more "macho" and lets their players play with reckless abandonand with little regard for their safety doesn't mean it's any better of a sport than anything else. I'm not saying that rugby, etc. is not a sport or that it sucks. I'm just saying NFL football is just as much a sport as anything else.

ruffian said:

Hey Amy! :hug:

Oh, you are going to have a BLAST! Coldplay is in Chicago May 6th but I'm not going to be able to swing it :(

I know! I love coldplay.. Saw them in 2003 at the Hollywood Bowl.. They put on a great live show..!

:hug: to ruffian

i think if you are in a seat being the setlist connection would be easier...in the GA it was a hassle because I was fumbling for the phone and getting jostled about...and I kept thinking the band would see me :reject:

timothius said:

:reject:

Now I'm in such an SA mood... just going through pics and stuff!

Now I've got my very limited array of Afrikaan music playing... Take Me Home Johny Rhodes :lmao:

Hee, that reminds me of that song we used to sing when we were kids... "Jonty Rhodes picked his nose and wiped it on his cricket clothes!" Have you heard any Leon Schuster songs? Now those are gold! "500 In My Taxi" is sheer brilliance.

Axver... Your thoughts on Advance Australia Unfair...

I've always been a lover of third verses... Nails In My Feet, One, Until The End Of The World...now Advance Australia Unfair...

Pavlova...:drool:

popmuzik99 said:
I guess people just must like "wimpy" sports because the Super Bowl is one of the highest rated events in the world every year.

Maybe because of millions of Americans who haven't been exposed to real sports tune in to watch these cotton-wool-bound players play a bastardised form of football? The rest of us couldn't care less about the Super Bowl. We're quite happy with our rugby and cricket World Cups and the Bledisloe, Tri- and Six Nations, et cetera.

Just because a sport is more "macho" and lets their players play with reckless abandonand with little regard for their safety doesn't mean it's any better of a sport than anything else.

It's not a matter of being 'macho' or ignoring safety. It's a matter of the helmets and padding being totally needless and just plain wimpy. You don't see half a rugby team in hospital after a game and they just play in shorts and t-shirt.

The rules of American football rather stupid too. Talk about ruining the flow of the game.

What's sadder than a dead horse, you ask? The answer is simple....watching someone beat that dead horse....and, why would I beat a dead horse? Again....it's simple.....it's because...

I'm ready....I'm ready for the setlist watch....I'm ready....ready for rugby talk.....ready for the Tim....ready for the Tam.....ready to post here while deleting Spam....I'm ready.....ready for Vancouver II

speaking of the Hollywood Bowl, there's a rumor that KLOS said this afternoon that the Rolling Stones would be playing there in early November, after U2 passes thru town...

Queen Bee said:
GibsonGirl! Get on MSN. I have to tell you about The Bravery concert last night. I ran my fingers through Dirt's hair and touched Sam's hand. :drool: /PLEBA moment

:drool:

Now this I simply HAVE to hear about.

No spoken words said:
What's sadder than a dead horse, you ask? The answer is simple....watching someone beat that dead horse....and, why would I beat a dead horse? Again....it's simple.....it's because...

I'm ready....I'm ready for the setlist watch....I'm ready....ready for rugby talk.....ready for the Tim....ready for the Tam.....ready to post here while deleting Spam....I'm ready.....ready for Vancouver II

:lmao:...nice :)

No spoken words said:

:laugh: :laugh:
:lmao: :lmao:
:wave: :wave:

GibsonGirl said:

Hee, that reminds me of that song we used to sing when we were kids... "Jonty Rhodes picked his nose and wiped it on his cricket clothes!" Have you heard any Leon Schuster songs? Now those are gold! "500 In My Taxi" is sheer brilliance.

Totally theyre the ones my freind showed me! I have 2 CD's I ripped in my iTunes. Hie Kommie Bokke... love the break down parts.

"Theres no Pepsi in my Taxi...Only Coca-Cola"

timothius said:
Axver... Your thoughts on Advance Australia Unfair...

I've always been a lover of third verses... Nails In My Feet, One, Until The End Of The World...now Advance Australia Unfair...

Pavlova...:drool:

When the chorus began a second time, I was singing along.

Such a true tune! :up:

No spoken words said:

:lmao:

At least someone from America can come up with something good, even if your sports really suck. :wink:

It's not just americans who watch the Super Bowl; hundreds of millions all over the world watch it.
Of course it's not "necessary" to wear helmets or padding to play football, but it certainly helps prevent and/or mitigate injuries. You don't have to wear a seat belt in order to drive a car, but it's a smart thing to do just in case.

Axver, only because you are so enthusiasatic about a band I love, and because you share the Tim Tams....and because you're so young, I'll let the American Sports comments go....I'll let them go and pretend you never uttered them. I'll......(takes deep breath....steadies self....) just...let them go.

*notes that a CANADIAN invented basketball, which is why he could appreciate other sports - Cdns know there's a big world outside their country :wink: *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom