Vancouver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ruffian said:

*sigh* ok...thanks anway. I really, really hope they play it.

Er, to correct myself, none got it on Popmart. And yeah, I'm hoping it's done too. It's the third night, so ... I think it's possible.

Axver said:

Though according to a website I just found, it's actually this:

It is death! It is death!
It is life! It is life!
This is the hairy person
Who caused the sun to shine
Keep abreast! Keep abreast
The rank! Hold fast!
Into the sun that shines!

Sure, its slightly bizzare, but inspiring none the less.

It still amazes me that Austrlaians are inspired by a song that tells the tale of a criminal theif stealing sheep (I wonder why :wink:) and commiting suicide. But hey, theyre Aussies... I shouldn't try to break down there thought pattern (or lack therof.)

timothius said:

13 Wallabies are detaned at Heathrow on drug smuggling charges. Australia are drubbed 86-3 by Namibia in there opening pool match.

:lmao:

That? SUPERB.

Then five more Wallabies are arrested before the next game on charges of being connected to the already detained smugglers, and Azerbaijan flog Australia 124-0 on their path to becoming the first team from the former USSR to make the quarter finals.

Axver said:

:lmao:

That? SUPERB.

Then five more Wallabies are arrested before the next game on charges of being connected to the already detained smugglers, and Azerbaijan flog Australia 124-0 on their path to becoming the first team from the former USSR to make the quarter finals.

Clearly that pool was dubbed... The Pool Of Death...

timothius said:
Based on our convos today GG and Ax I'm suprised the Super 12 thread died so quickly...

Mind you we had some good fun & polls while you were out :)

You know, I need to go back to the sport forum ...

VintagePunk said:

Drea, you temptress...I wish. :sigh: Got a LOT of work to get through over the next few weeks, in addition to the designated driver problem.

:( I can go to Elevation for sure, but I'm not sure I can get to the October show... it's that whole "getting back from Mississauga without a car" thing that's the problem *grumble*

VintagePunk said:

Sounds like you could have used a big, strong orderly to turn you over. :wink:

:ohmy: just reading Bri's latest work over in the lair...

timothius said:

Sure, its slightly bizzare, but inspiring none the less.

It still amazes me that Austrlaians are inspired by a song that tells the tale of a criminal theif stealing sheep (I wonder why :wink:) and commiting suicide. But hey, theyre Aussies... I shouldn't try to break down there thought pattern (or lack therof.)

Yes, well, they're Australians, we have to forgive their peculiar and nonsensical attributes. They can't help that they are from Australia. And after all, where would we be without a country to beat for the Bledisloe?

MikeSt said:

and their playing "Chocolate" woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

really??? :drool: god i love that band. why oh why oh why couldn't they be the opener on the first leg?

Axver said:

Yes, well, they're Australians, we have to forgive their peculiar and nonsensical attributes. They can't help that they are from Australia. And after all, where would we be without a country to beat for the Bledisloe?

True, True.

Have you heard of The Minstril and his song Advance Australia Unfair?

timothius said:

True, True.

Have you heard of The Minstril and his song Advance Australia Unfair?

No, I haven't but it sounds good from the title!

At school, whenever had to sing Advance Australia Fair, I'd sing God Defend New Zealand. That was always fun.

Axver said:
At school, whenever had to sing Advance Australia Fair, I'd sing God Defend New Zealand. That was always fun.

Back in primary school I did the exact same thing...I always used to finish too quickly tho. Used to "snippet" the Haka toward the end there.

Drea said:

:( I can go to Elevation for sure, but I'm not sure I can get to the October show... it's that whole "getting back from Mississauga without a car" thing that's the problem *grumble*

I have a car. It's the whole drunk driving thing that's problematic for me. :wink:

timothius said:

Back in primary school I did the exact same thing...I always used to finish too quickly tho. Used to "snippet" the Haka toward the end there.

I'd always lose my place, so I'd find myself singing the first verse again to get back on track.

It would've helped if I'd learnt the other four verses.

MikeSt said:

yes i know!!! that song!!! wow. i have that in a playlist right after COBL in my Ipod!!! goes together so well too!

the only two things on my mp3 player at the moment are U2 and Snow Patrol...I'll have to try your sequence :)

DG, glad you discovered them.

GibsonGirl said:
Wow, time flies when you're at Interference. :| 1:06 AM already!

Time flies indeed when you're hijacking threads! I love how the setlist thread finally got hijacked with sport discussion about real sports!

Axver said:

Time flies indeed when you're hijacking threads! I love how the setlist thread finally got hijacked with sport discussion about real sports!

Ha, yes! None of this American football nonsense. American football is rugby for wusses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom