Vancouver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I'm not saying "our football is the only football" - I'm saying that "American football is rubbish". Any other form of football's fine: Rugby union, soccer, Aussie Rules, Gaelic football, and I even have to confess to occasionally enjoying a little bit of league.
CFL? :lol:

daygloeyes2 said:

:applaud:

Baseball is my love. Been hooked since 2002. I know it's not a long time, but before then I could care less about sports at all. It's what got my love for sports started.

Daygloeyes2 roots for a team that....well...for a team I'd personally attack if I thought I'd not get arrested/beaten to death by professional athletes/sat on by David Wells. But, I don't fight with her about it....I let it lie.....and I let it lie because we're all her to take pleasure from U2. So......um......did they play Toxic yet? Sigh. (Commencing with operation shut up)

Baseball. :madspit: I find cricket so much more entertaining, it's not even funny.

UPDATE FROM our source at the show...

* Bono's taken pix
* Bono's drinking LOTS of water
* Electric Co/Clowns/Miles was INSANE!

No spoken words said:

Daygloeyes2 roots for a team that....well...for a team I'd personally attack if I thought I'd not get arrested/beaten to death by professional athletes/sat on by David Wells. But, I don't fight with her about it....I let it lie.....and I let it lie because we're all her to take pleasure from U2. So......um......did they play Toxic yet? Sigh. (Commencing with operation shut up)

I view you being a yankee fan as I view religion: I may not agree with it, but I respect your right to practice it.

No spoken words said:
Axver...I beg you. Please, leave baseball alone. Sing the praises of Rugby, of Aussie Rules Football....hell, you can lie to me and tell me curling is exciting...whatever. But...I doth beseech thee....leave baseball out of this. (Eats a Tim Tam to calm himself down and remind himself of......well, of the little pleasures in life)

Sorry, but I just can't stand to watch baseball. It puts me to sleep even more than American football. At least use a bat of a decent enough size to regularly connect with the ball! I'll take the cricket, thanks.

Axver said:

I'm not saying "our football is the only football" - I'm saying that "American football is rubbish". Any other form of football's fine: Rugby union, soccer, Aussie Rules, Gaelic football, and I even have to confess to occasionally enjoying a little bit of league.

sounds more like you have a thing for balls and bats...
what does any of it have to do with U2?

GibsonGirl said:
Baseball. :madspit: I find cricket so much more entertaining, it's not even funny.

Cricket: better bats, better field and pitch, better method of scoring, better everything.

Cricket: :up:

Oh, and don't get me started on that boring-as-hell oval circuit car racing that seems to be predominantly in America.

daygloeyes2 said:

I view you being a yankee fan as I view religion: I may not agree with it, but I respect your right to practice it.

Yeah Chan Ho dominated...sad really, they're in trouble I'm afraid.

SETLIST (thanks jquirt from zootopia)

* COBL
* Vertigo (kinda crazy almost Stories snippet)
* Elevation
* CRY/ELECTRIC CO. (Clowns/Miles snippets)
* An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart

Axver said:

Cricket: better bats, better field and pitch, better method of scoring, better everything.

Cricket: :up:

Oh, and don't get me started on that boring-as-hell oval circuit car racing that seems to be predominantly in America.

That's better, Axver, turn your attention to NASCAR...slowly walk away from baseball/cricket.....those drivers only make left turns, Axver!! Rip them!!!!

How can anyone respect baseball...when all its leading players are Drug Cheats? And lied extensively about it and now getting caught are pretending nothings wrong.

Of course, I believe americans will be unfamiliar with SK Warne so I have no probs saying that...:wink:

Although they could throw back the match fixing argument. But hey...Hansie is a mussa leeker ou.

Paying homage to my lovely hometown....

...oh cr*p, I forget how to post pics...oh well...take my word for it - Vancouver's one of the most beautiful cities on the planet!

Last edited:
SETLIST (thanks jquirt from zootopia)

* COBL
* Vertigo (kinda crazy almost Stories snippet)
* Elevation
* CRY/ELECTRIC CO. (Clowns/Miles snippets)
* An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
* Beautiful Day

CTU2fan said:

Yeah Chan Ho dominated...sad really, they're in trouble I'm afraid.

I wouldn't worry. Honestly, I don't think you can really judge any team until after the all-star break. Unless they're the Devil Rays.

No spoken words-I :heart: electric co.

liamcool said:
Heh, getting hit by a cotton ball is fun! Unless you're an American footballer, where you'll lie o the ground for ten minutes because you support Bush.

[/Axver, again]

In the interests of fairness, soccer players probably do the most acting of anyone.

No spoken words said:
I cannot get enough of Electric Co. Am I the only one that just friggin loves that song to death more now than ever before???

Uhmm no your not..:wink: I call Electric Co my new old favorite song...:)...Its totally Rocks!! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom