Vancouver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
What's sadder than a dead horse, you ask? The answer is simple....watching someone beat that dead horse....and, why would I beat a dead horse? Again....it's simple.....it's because...

I'm ready....I'm ready for the setlist watch....I'm ready....ready for rugby talk.....ready for the Tim....ready for the Tam.....ready to post here while deleting Spam....I'm ready.....ready for Vancouver II

OMG. :lmao:

genius. pure genius.

...ready for the Tim ready for the Tam...

*wipes eyes after howling with laughter*

timothius said:

Totally theyre the ones my freind showed me! I have 2 CD's I ripped in my iTunes. Hie Kommie Bokke... love the break down parts.

"Theres no Pepsi in my Taxi...Only Coca-Cola"

Hee, the end of that song is great! Especially how it's "Coke *SNIFF* a-Cola". :laugh: I love the "Hey Komrad, VOETSEK!" part too.

popmuzik99 said:
It's not just americans who watch the Super Bowl; hundreds of millions all over the world watch it.
Of course it's not "necessary" to wear helmets or padding to play football, but it certainly helps prevent and/or mitigate injuries. You don't have to wear a seat belt in order to drive a car, but it's a smart thing to do just in case.

So we're not smart for not wearing helmets in rugby? Come off it. We don't have any ridiculous casualty rates. You just don't need a helmet.

Speaking of American sports ... baseball's even more boring than American football, which really says something.

Baseball: :down:
Cricket: :up:

American football: :down:
Rugby: :up:

Well, so far we've got one difference from last night - no beautiful day after COBL... makes me kind of hopeful. And, if i'm correct, this is the first time they've done two shows in a row (not counting the dress rehearsal) with the same opener on both nights in a city... interesting...

Does anyone know how long Leno is? For some reason I thought it was just a half hour, but apparently I was wrong...

timothius said:

Hundereds of millions of people watched the final episode of Friends... thats not a sport.

:laugh: It's not even a good TV show.

Harbinger said:
Well, so far we've got one difference from last night - no beautiful day after COBL... makes me kind of hopeful. And, if i'm correct, this is the first time they've done two shows in a row (not counting the dress rehearsal) with the same opener on both nights in a city... interesting...

Does anyone know how long Leno is? For some reason I thought it was just a half hour, but apparently I was wrong...

It's an hour long.

They must prefer COBL as the opener on the DVD, assuming they end up releasing one of these shows, which will end up being a cut and paste from both.

Harbinger said:

Leno's on until about 12:35 Eastern time, 11:35 central time.

The thing that bugs me about football is they play a play for 30 seconds or whatever, then line up for 5 minutes, then play another play...yawn

I know there are other sports in the rest of the world that have large followings and I'm not attacking or criticizing them. I've watched rugby before and find it interesting. I just take offense that people have to take a stubborn "our football is the only football" stance and say that other forms are not real sports.

Harbinger said:

Both SD shows opened with COBL, and I think the two LA shows got LAPOE.

American Football < All. C'mon, if you have to wear a tank to get tackled in, then why bother? I mean, I got hit by a car once without any armour and I turned out fine, and a car is A) a lot heavier and B) a lot faster than any football player you'll ever see.

CTU2fan said:
The thing that bugs me about football is they play a play for 30 seconds or whatever, then line up for 5 minutes, then play another play...yawn

I hate that. I can't stand to watch the game, I just get too bored and start calling for some flowing rugby.

Axver...I beg you. Please, leave baseball alone. Sing the praises of Rugby, of Aussie Rules Football....hell, you can lie to me and tell me curling is exciting...whatever. But...I doth beseech thee....leave baseball out of this. (Eats a Tim Tam to calm himself down and remind himself of......well, of the little pleasures in life)

SETLIST

* COBL
* Vertigo (kinda crazy almost Stories snippet)
* Elevation
* CRY/ELECTRIC CO. (w/ Send in the clowns & I can see for Miles snippets)

No spoken words said:
Axver...I beg you. Please, leave baseball alone. Sing the praises of Rugby, of Aussie Rules Football....hell, you can lie to me and tell me curling is exciting...whatever. But...I doth beseech thee....leave baseball out of this. (Eats a Tim Tam to calm himself down and remind himself of......well, of the little pleasures in life)

:applaud:

Baseball is my love. Been hooked since 2002. I know it's not a long time, but before then I could care less about sports at all. It's what got my love for sports started.

popmuzik99 said:
I know there are other sports in the rest of the world that have large followings and I'm not attacking or criticizing them. I've watched rugby before and find it interesting. I just take offense that people have to take a stubborn "our football is the only football" stance and say that other forms are not real sports.

I'm not saying "our football is the only football" - I'm saying that "American football is rubbish". Any other form of football's fine: Rugby union, soccer, Aussie Rules, Gaelic football, and I even have to confess to occasionally enjoying a little bit of league.

No spoken words said:

I don't like baseball tonight, because the Sox lost...but at least the Yankees lost too :)

No spoken words said:

:up:

SETLIST (thanks jquirt from zootopia)

* COBL
* Vertigo (kinda crazy almost Stories snippet)
* Elevation
* CRY/ELECTRIC CO. (w/ Send in the clowns & I can see for Miles snippets)
* An Cat Dubh

liamcool said:
American Football < All. C'mon, if you have to wear a tank to get tackled in, then why bother? I mean, I got hit by a car once without any armour and I turned out fine, and a car is A) a lot heavier and B) a lot faster than any football player you'll ever see.

:up:

Hell, with all that padding, it's probably just like being hit by a gigantic ball of cotton. And let's not forget the poncy tight trousers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom