Vancouver 1 Setlist Bitch & Party Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, what album song never played would you like to hear?

The selection:
- Stranger In A Strange Land
- Is That All? [Stole guitar from The Cry but I'll let it count.]
- Drowning Man
- The Refugee
- Red Light
- Promenade
- 4th Of July
- Elvis Presley And America
- Red Hill Mining Town
- Heartland
- Acrobat
- Some Days Are Better Than Others
- The First Time
- The Wanderer
- The Playboy Mansion
- Peace On Earth
- When I Look At The World
- Grace
- Electrical Storm
- A Man And A Woman
- Crumbs From Your Table
- One Step Closer

Hope I didn't miss any.

My pick?

HEARTLAND! :drool:

Axver said:

Mofo was a single.

Bah! "MOFO" wasn't no "real" single. I'm sure you know what I mean... As far as I'm concerned, a song isn't a "real" single unless it's actually cleared for radio play, too (relative to America, being that that's how I judge my "real" singles). If I side with the technical definition, which I hadn't even considered, then I would have to replace that bad boy with "An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart," even though it's already being played. I've waited years and years for that jazz.

popmuzik99 said:
Definitely Red Hill Mining Town.

I can't believe how close they came to playing that one. 28 November 1987, Murfreesboro, it was intensively soundchecked.

Should have been played.

Can't limit myself to one...

In chronological order:
Drowning Man
Refugee
Red Hill Mining Town
Acrobat
Electrical Storm
A Man and A Woman
Crumbs
One Step Closer

The absolute most I could limit it down to would be three, if forced ;) - Drowning Man, Acrobat and One Step Closer

RademR said:
Can't believe they played "Ruby Tuesday" with Bad the other night, awesome!!!

Bono sang one line and the crowd did the rest, right? Or should I play it again? I only dowloaded Bad and Vertigo2

Drea, No ''Heartland'' for you??

Axver (Setlist guy), do you think That U2 Will EVER Play Acrobat or heartland Live??? (My guess is yes for Acrobat!)

fredstab said:
Drea, No ''Heartland'' for you??

Axver (Setlist guy), do you think That U2 Will EVER Play Acrobat or heartland Live??? (My guess is yes for Acrobat!)

Heartland, no. I suspect Bono couldn't get close to singing it properly.

Acrobat, no, even though I hold out a very faint hope. Stranger things have happened - U2 covered Dancing Queen.

Has the show started yet? I've been playing around with the map thing and not paying attention...

Good to see some other Torontonians here tonight. I'm guessing that Bono might make a comment about PM Paul Martin's backing down from the committment he made to give 0.7% of Canada's GDP to foreign aid. Even if Bono doesn't mention the foreign aid issue he likely will make some reference to Martin.

Axver said:

I can't believe how close they came to playing that one. 28 November 1987, Murfreesboro, it was intensively soundchecked.

Should have been played.

It's been reported that they haven't done it because the notes are too high for Bono but I was listening to it the other day and there aren't worse notes than other songs. Could their be another reason?

Wow, I just got back after listing a couple of things on half.com (I have to pay for my tickets somehow!) and there are two Tim Tams and a honey sandwich waiting for me!

Thanks Lila, thanks Axver!!!

I'm really tempted to order some Tim Tams at this mail order site for Australian foods on the web. I have to taste them!

And my vote for never-played song to be played is...HEARTLAND.

I've been listening to Seattle One and Two....Seattle2 is quite funny...:)...the show must have started by now...i hope coz i have to sleep soon...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom