using ellipse wristband twice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdmack

The Fly
has anyone used their wristbands for the ellipse with success at other shows? Had one for SJ and thinking about trying it in Oakland.

losers...

they usually alternate between about 4 different colours. you should take it along and see if you get lucky. i did it on elevation and got into the heart at slane as a result!

its definately worth a try!

I've heard of a couple of people who've successfully done it this tour, but I certainly do not condone such behaviour.

Doesnt that mean you have to wear the wristband permanantly between concerts, cos whenever I've had one in the past, Ive had to cut it off?????

Ellay said:
Doesnt that mean you have to wear the wristband permanantly between concerts, cos whenever I've had one in the past, Ive had to cut it off?????

Some people have the ability to take it off without damaging.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with someone doing this. It's not as if they would be taking someone's place in the ellipse. And with all the bitching I've seen in this forum about the lottery I would think most would applaud getting one over on the U2 powers that be. I say give it a try if you're willing to risk getting tossed out. Good luck.

There are symbols printed on the wristbands that will only show up under a blacklight. Even if your old wristband happens to be the same color, it likely won't have the same symbols, and you'll be enjoying the concert from the parking lot.

cbradfly1 said:
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with someone doing this. It's not as if they would be taking someone's place in the ellipse. And with all the bitching I've seen in this forum about the lottery I would think most would applaud getting one over on the U2 powers that be. I say give it a try if you're willing to risk getting tossed out. Good luck.

Interesting point. :hmm:

cydewaze said:

To quote Bono (circa Lovetown), "...this is a U2 concert, and at a U2 concert people do not push people around".

;)

No offense, but it seems like you haven't been on the floor for a U2 concert recently! The shows in NJ and NY are notorious for people squeezing by and disregarding "personal space." :wink:

HelloAngel said:

That's not limited to just concerts in NY ;) :lol:

no joke, i almost had to murder a group of 4 girls from new zealand at Dublin 1.

i'd been inline for over 12 hours, and two people back from the front rail inside the ellipse (or between the two stage extensions if you want to get technical)

and then at around the time the Radiators From Space left the stage this blonde shrew of a girl who was perfectly dry and perfectly made up (it had been raining all day, so she obviously just showed up) somehow wedged herself in front of me

one by one, she was letting her friends come up and stand by her and push me back.

she got two up there, and there was one left, and no more room...

so she finally asked me if i would move back their last friend could come stand with them. I said absolutely not, and confronted them about cutting in front of people who'd been waiting in a cattle call all day... and they just saunter in..

they weren't happy..

man, new zealand chicks are CRAZY!!!

they practically tore my face off, called me "awful" and yelled at me.

but that last chick didn't get in front of me...

well, okay, when people started jumping during Elevation, she managed to sweep by, but my girlfriend made sure to bump into them a couple times as retribution!!!

so to all you ellipse cutters out there, watch out...

if you think you are tough,

you don't want to mess with the girlfriend who was forced to wait in line for twelve hours to get into the ellipse! no matter how crazy you are, SHE IS CRAZIER!!!

i was in the ellipse twice @ MSG and wasn't pushed once... :shrug:

could you pull it off? if the arena security sucks, maybe. odds are that it won't work and you'll risk being tossed from the arena.

if you're willing to risk being ejected from the concert, go nuts. i'd say the odds are probably about 20 to 1 that your old wrist band will actually work. 2 to 1 says you get ejected from the arena.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

I agree with you. I meant specifically the first few human rows outside the ellipse. It's amazing what people will do to be closer to Beau-no.

hey the last thread that discussed this was locked, can't the mods lock this one as well?

Any threads discussing breaking rules for GA/ellipse admission should also break the rules of this forum!

And if I see anyone with a cut wristband entering the ellipse, I've got two words for you... ! :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

could you pull it off? if the arena security sucks, maybe. odds are that it won't work and you'll risk being tossed from the arena.

if you're willing to risk being ejected from the concert, go nuts. i'd say the odds are probably about 20 to 1 that your old wrist band will actually work. 2 to 1 says you get ejected from the arena.

Yeah, but what are the odds of an ellipse-cutter going straight to hell?

MTEdge said:

No offense, but it seems like you haven't been on the floor for a U2 concert recently! The shows in NJ and NY are notorious for people squeezing by and disregarding "personal space." :wink:

Hey it was Bono's quote, not cydewaze's! :shrug:

And as a matter of fact, he was in the ellipse in Toronto and no one shoved us at all. It was glorious! :) I was also just outside the ellipse in Toronto and I had an awesome group that didn't shove at all, although I have heard that others had a terrible time in a different area....

Last edited:
timothius said:

You aren't going to get any arguments from me! :lol:

THe only question I have is were they Pakeha or Pacific Islanders?

The only question I have is whether anyone on this site besides you and I knows what 'pakeha' means.

Back
Top Bottom