UPCOMING U2 DVD in the works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

americangoth

The Fly
Hi Folks
Have anyone of u noticed under bono's resume at imdb it includes a credit for :
Untitled U2 Concert Project (2007) (post-production)
link at: http://imdb.com/title/tt0892375/

I wonder if this dvd will showcase the milan show or sydney 3 & melbourne 1 which were both filmed.....

what do you think will appear on their next dvd?
your thoughts........

Last edited:
um, A 3-D presentation of U2's globe-trotting "Vertigo" tour.

its the imax movie.

Its the Imax movie, as discussed many times here. Its going to be the Buenos Aires show with some crowd shots from Melbourne.

the camera at melb was apparently just taking 'crowd' shots to finish off the IMAX production - it wasnt the whole meld show.

love2bmama said:
^^ hey Jeannie, we should try to meet up and go to it together! Otherwise I'll go w/my hubby, which would be fine but he's not going to be nearly as excited as me :shifty:

Hi Molly!
Sure! I would love to! I don't have anybody in my circle of friends/family either who would be as excited!!

That would be fun!! I don't think I would be able to sit down at all! Just like in Hawaii! :)

bazza the camera at melbourne was filming the show....u dont think they'd just be taping the crowd. now thatd be silly!!!
not to mention the 6 cameras on the hightowers (ie those 2 light towers in the GA area)

This is Imax for sure? If so this thing will rock. I saw the Rolling Stones at the Imax years ago. While it was great.....U2 + Imax+ 3D=:drool: x 1000000!!

so what would happen in an IMAX movie? you would get a front row type of view for the whole show - and the band would be massive and sound loud?

I assume it wouldn't flick around the place like the DVD already out - as in is the IMAX experience like 'one view' rather than a concert on a big screen.

Well the information I got from one of the ex prods who chatted to us in the front row on the day of filming is they were doing mainly crowd shots, but a few sweeping stage shots. On the second night they filmed lots of Larry close ups as supposedly the ones in BA had something wrong with them.

The filmed the aussie crowd, because the BA ones were quite subdued in some songs and wern't really into it and they thought they'd get a lot more from us desperate u2 starved aussies! hahahaha
gawd i hope im not in it! I looked TERRIBLE!

Is that confirmed that it is 3D? I'd imagine some songs would be from Melbourne. Was the Rolling Stones IMAX 3D?
Bono could really get "in your face".... I suppose there would be some crazy graphics coming at you as well.

mikal said:
so i don't get it. will the dvd come with 3-D glasses too?

I really hope not!!!!
it is a completly other technic. Some Imax movies made it on DVD with some green/red glasses or the polaroid glasses - it's all horrible and it has nothing to do with the new technic that is shown in IMAX theaters or from the RealD company.
But I guess we all have to wait a little longer than most people here think - I guess we will see this movie not before 2008 or 2009. They all prepare the 3D thing in Hollywood (Star Wars 3D and the new Cameron 3D movie Avatar). It's possible that the managment from U2 will wait until the 3D Boom goes on and more cinemas get the equipment. But I hope they make the first wave.

socceroo said:
Is that confirmed that it is 3D? I'd imagine some songs would be from Melbourne. Was the Rolling Stones IMAX 3D?

it's for sure - 3D. The Rolling Stones Film was in 2D (it was also sold on DVD - and the IMAX cinema in London showed it already last year). So the U2 movie will be the first ever 3D IMAX concert-film.

dazzlingamy said:
The filmed the aussie crowd, because the BA ones were quite subdued in some songs and wern't really into it and they thought they'd get a lot more from us desperate u2 starved aussies! hahahaha
gawd i hope im not in it! I looked TERRIBLE! [/B]

I never saw a better crowd than the guys from buenos Aires - (the TV cut) it was just fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom