UK gigs - Multiple bookings for the same show - WATCH OUT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rizon

Babyface
HOLY CRAP !!!

I booked four Cardiff GAs through the presale.

Then I booked got 4 more Cardiff GAs through general sale - even though I tried for other venues.

Anyway ... today I called Ticketbastard cos I had lost the confirmation code for the general sale tickets. The operator took the confirnation code for the presale order in order to get the other one.

She then told me there was a 4 ticket limit for any particular show and that she had to cancel one of the orders. I argued that one booking was u2.com membership and had nothing to do with the other. After checking with her supervisor she confirmed that she would have to cancel one of the bookings.

(I already have swaps in place for the other 4 ...)

<PANIC PANIC PANIC>

So then I ask what happens to the tickets. She replies that they will go back on sale. So I ask -- what if I want to buy them using someone else's credit card, etc? She said, no problem -- that would be OK. So I proceeded to use my sister's card, billed to her address. Order transferred - no problem.

For those of you in the same boat, who unwittingly used the same card for the same show for presale tickets and general sale tickets -- WATCH OUT -- Ticketbastard will probably cancel your order -- call them ASAP and switch one to another card / billing address!!

- Rizon

Thanks for backing me up with this one!!I have been banging on about this for weeks!!

But it doesnt just apply to the same venue if you have used the same credit card for more than 4 tickets for the full UK leg they will get cancelled!!

Pleased that you got ours sorted out!

Back
Top Bottom