U2's tour schedule is abysmal and everyone knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
claytons edge said:
I think about 23 million,but axver would know for sure

19,357,94...you were dang close :wink:
The U.S population in 2000: 281,421,906

the statistics speak for themselves in terms of where the band might decide to spend more time touring...and this is not to dispute that there are diehard fans in Australia.

Last edited:
Seen as were sharing useless information,ireland has 4 million which meant that 1 out of 16 man,women and child in ireland was present in croke park,except for tourist's which of course there was many,so why i give this information i don't know,but that's me

claytons edge said:
Seen as were sharing useless information,ireland has 4 million which meant that 1 out of 16 man,women and child in ireland was present in croke park,except for tourist's which of course there was many,so why i give this information i don't know,but that's me

i was at croke three and i could swear every american i ever met at a U2 gig in the states was there. i love all this useless information :heart:

They reckoned they could sell out an entire fortnight at Croke Park.

dude, i respect what your saying, and i'm surprised they don't do Aus. and NZ, but there are more U2 fans in W. Europe and N. America than anywhere else... so touring there more makes sense......

scottyT said:
dude, i respect what your saying, and i'm surprised they don't do Aus. and NZ, but there are more U2 fans in W. Europe and N. America than anywhere else... so touring there more makes sense......

That never used to be a problem.

There are 20.8 million people in the state of Texas. There are less than 40,000 tickets available for the 2 shows that will be played here.

axver, u2 is a corporation and they don't make money when they come to australia.

those are their words.

I definitely agree that they need to actually make an appearance in Oz (and NZ just for Axver:wink: ). But the point about how many more shows the US gets is kind of irrelevant, because there are so many more people here, they've played in arenas over the past 2 tours, and the people are spread out over a larger area. In Australia, most people are concentrated in certain areas, I don't see a concert in the outback happening, yknow? I think a better point to make would be how few tours have stopped in Oz at all compared to the US.

:sad: With gas prices soaring and my pay check staying right where it's always been, it doesn't matter if they play 300 dates in America, I will not be seeing as many.

I really do hope that they go to SA and down under before coming back for a stadium tour of the states. I would rather have a new album instead of more concerts. :yes:

ruffian said:
19,357,94...you were dang close :wink:
The U.S population in 2000: 281,421,906
good point.

axver, i'd feel a lot more sympathetic for you if you wouldn't come off as self-righteous and you wouldn't proceed to attack everyone who dares to counter your argument. you (and a lot of people on interference, really) need to realize your opinion is just your opinion and no matter how much you believe in it, that doesn't make it a fact.

so please, everyone, chill out and wait for hard facts either way about shows in the southern hemisphere before starting threads like this. i think this one's pretty much run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom