U2 will be playing in Colombia this year!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard it on the radio this morning too!!!! they will be in Bogota

To make the story short, they talked to the mayor of Bogota and told him that they would go there as an expression of good faith for colombians, but not for money.

I don´t want to get too excited but all indicates it is true, lets see what happens :hmm: But I hope with all my heart thi is true :)

Laney_82 said:
Do u know if they are going to Argentina also? or its just tfor the festival????:ohmy:

They played there in less than 1 year , don't want to sound rude , but if u2 were indeed to play in places in S America , should be outside Bra , Arg and Chile .

Btw Caroni if they went to Colombia indeed , Would u go ?

Laney_82 said:
no problem just wondering!!

That's fine , I mean I wouldn't complain bout it either mate , just hope anything that comes out can cover most of persons of SA that couldn't go to the shows

I don't care how much it's going to cost, or how short the set is. If U2 is playing live this year, I will go see them. Even in South America.

i hope for Caroni's sake it is true..

but my gut says otherwise. They just got off of a long tour so it just doesn't seem likely that they would do that but never say never I guess.:|

Actually, IF they are going to play at that festival, one could hope that they would play Glastonbury or Roskilde. I read in Q magazine back in 2005 that the Glastonbury Festival had talked with U2 about them eventually dropping by in 2007.

So much speculation (and probably no truth)

God Part III said:
Actually, IF they are going to play at that festival, one could hope that they would play Glastonbury or Roskilde. I read in Q magazine back in 2005 that the Glastonbury Festival had talked with U2 about them eventually dropping by in 2007.

So much speculation (and probably no truth)

Glastonburry --> not gonna happen :rolleyes:

The thing that make me doubt is that it was anounced by the Mayor of Bogotá, is not a "someone said that a friend told him that a friend that works for somebody said..." thing

Until now, anyone has mentioned again :( :sad:

I do believe they could go to colombia , gives some speeches , get some awards , play couple songs ......

Things like they did in 99 , 2003 .......

U2.com didn't deny this kind of thing

Why the hell would U2 randomly just play Colombia? They don't even go there on their regular tours. I'd have believed this if it were in conjunction with last year's South American tour - I'm honestly surprised they haven't played outside of Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. But I certainly don't see them rectifying this by just randomly dropping into Bogota off tour.

Random announcements along these lines have happened before and not come true. For example, remember how U2 were meant to be going to Costa Rica? Didn't happen. I don't see any reason to believe this will be different.

Oh, and as far as Glastonbury goes, after U2 pulled out of that in 2005, the promoter has said they shouldn't bother expecting to play there in future, so that one's not happening either.

I don't see the appeal of U2 playing at a festival unless they get a full length set...otherwise They'd probably only pick a boring setlist anyway.

Axver said:
Why the hell would U2 randomly just play Colombia? They don't even go there on their regular tours. I'd have believed this if it were in conjunction with last year's South American tour - I'm honestly surprised they haven't played outside of Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. But I certainly don't see them rectifying this by just randomly dropping into Bogota off tour.

Random announcements along these lines have happened before and not come true. For example, remember how U2 were meant to be going to Costa Rica? Didn't happen. I don't see any reason to believe this will be different.

Oh, and as far as Glastonbury goes, after U2 pulled out of that in 2005, the promoter has said they shouldn't bother expecting to play there in future, so that one's not happening either.

qft.

Back
Top Bottom