U2 Video being shot in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just came back from the filming.

Setlist was COBLX6, Vertigo, ABOY, SYCMIOYO.

Attendance was only 2,500-3,000 by my estimates. I have a couple photos to confirm - I had to be extremely sneaky to avoid getting thrown out. The entire audience could fit on the floor for the final 4 songs (last COBL + 3 song mini set.)

People were not allowed into he venue until 7pm, people found their seats by 7.45. Everyone got a pat down and were told absolutley no cameras, cell phones, recorders, lighters etc.

The filming started somewhere around 8.15-8.30. It was 2 FILM cameras - 1 one a track and 1 of those 2 people handheld cameras. The usual 4 screen were also active, but likely won't be used in the final product.

BTW, everybody got a little souveneir ticketmaster tickets that says "U2 Film Shoot" and the date.

U2FP

Good rundown and recount, korc. Congrats on having such a good day! I've gotta crash. Long day tomorrow. Good night, ladies and gents!

the way you have it split up looks good

and I'm 90% sure that the Hokey Pokey was between a set of two COBLs, and not at the beginning of one, but I could be wrong =\

Axver said:
(Korczykp, now you know how bono_man2002 felt when I questioned him on the setlist after his shows! :lol: )

hahaha, no worries, a setlist dork's gotta do what a setlist dork's gotta do, right? :wink:

and anyway, I gotta crash, two straight GA marathons ahead of me so I need some sleep

this is quite possibly turning into the best damn week of my LIFE :drool:

and a few other minor setlist notes... there was NO stories for boys snippet in vertigo, but Sometimes... had the No Regrets snippet

and now I'm out

korczykp said:

hahaha, no worries, a setlist dork's gotta do what a setlist dork's gotta do, right? :wink:

and anyway, I gotta crash, two straight GA marathons ahead of me so I need some sleep

this is quite possibly turning into the best damn week of my LIFE :drool:

:laugh: Yes, exactly! Oh, the life of a setlist generork indeed ...

And let me just envy you right now! Though the best week of my life is coming up in late May. :drool:

Here's the set I just put up: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1415.html

If Hokey Pokey is in the wrong position, I can just change it. That's no difficulty.

korczykp said:
and a few other minor setlist notes... there was NO stories for boys snippet in vertigo, but Sometimes... had the No Regrets snippet

Thanks! Shall add that now! :)

bono_man2002 said:
How many freaking times to do they wanna play COBL *sarcasm*

:madspit:

THIS IS EVEN WORSE THAN 2 VERTIGOS IN SEATTLE!!!!! :angry:

I HATE U2 NOW!!!!!!!111!!11!11 :mad: :mad: :mad:

I made it too!!! Omg that was awesome. I got in the line at 2:30 ish....I thought I wouldn't make it, but I was totally wrong! :hyper:

:lmao: The hokey-pokey was great!

Bono also a full band introduction that was quit a bit funnier than usual. He asked larry what he wanted for his birthday: "world peace" Edge would only answer his question with "yes" i couldn't hear what adam said.

U2FP

u2girlcj said:

:rant: refreakingdiculous to play it that much! I'm surprised those 4,000 fans didn't storm the stage to demand a different set!!

:lmao:

THEY ARE MINDLESS DUMB SHEEP WHO BOW AT THE ALTER OF BANO!!!!!111!!11!1 :tsk: :shame: :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone will get the subtle joke I slipped in there ...

BANO IS COMING TO EAT YORE SOLE!!!!1!1!!1111 AND SEEL YOU SHITTY REPEATING MUSIK!!!11!11

korczyk pretty much summed it up pretty well. It was AWESOME! I was row 2 at the tip of the ellipse, so during most of the COBL's when Bono was at the tip he was really close to me and the cameras we on me (although for the beginning I think they will only use the 6th take with the GA crowd). When we were allowed into the floor since I was row 2 and the first section allowed in, I got up against the rail outside the ellipse, on the side with the camera, so unfortunatly I wont be in any of the shots there since it was pointed the other way. The camera was pretty much right in front of me so my view was great for what the video will be like. Anyways all in all in was amazing. I assume this was our special treat for being such a good host city during rehearsals. :D

Okay, I so wish I could've been there for the Hokey Pokey. I have feeling that this could be one of U2's greatest covers.... EVER. :wink:

I'm also glad Adam won the Pop Idol contest. Go, Adam! :lol:

Last edited:
forty said:
Okay, I so wish I could've been there for the Hokey Pokey. I have feeling that this could be one of U2's greatest covers.... EVER. :wink:

I'm also glad Adam won the Pop Idol contest. Go, Adam! :lol:

It wasnt as much as people were making it out to be. It was just hilarious, but he stopped after one verse of it, he didnt do all the limbs :p

timothius said:

You're only pissed because "40" didnt close.

USELESS WANKERS DON'T KNOW A GOOD CLOSING SONG WHEN THEY WRITE ONE!!! :angry:

BUT U2 CAN'T WRITE GOOD SONGS ANYWAY! :madspit:

I HATE U2!!!!111!!1!1 AND CROWDED HOUSE!!1!1! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Axver said:

USELESS WANKERS DON'T KNOW A GOOD CLOSING SONG WHEN THEY WRITE ONE!!! :angry:

BUT U2 CAN'T WRITE GOOD SONGS ANYWAY! :madspit:

I HATE U2!!!!111!!1!1 AND CROWDED HOUSE!!1!1! :mad: :mad: :mad:

timothius - are you gonna take that! Noooooooooooo!

Back
Top Bottom