U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed (General Discussion/Info)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

techfire

Acrobat
U2 love their fans

I know alot of people are disappointed about their plans & money spent on travel and tickets for the cancelled shows, including myself. We got a year of U2, and some of 2006, Edge's daughter has been ill for most of last year and they STILL toured and returned twice to the US. I have a vacation to look forward to, it'll still be great even without seeing U2, Edge meanwhile is holding on to his daughter. I have a son, I don't think I would be able to leave him for a year if he was ill and have a smile on my face. That says it all, U2 rocks.

I agree. Actually, I haven't been able to look at pics of Edge for a while without feeling sad for him. I see him smiling and being so great to his fans and then I think about what he is going through inside... I hate that he has to go through this. He is a very very strong person to be able to carry on the way he does.

I have 3 kids under 6. It would kill me to be in Edge's position.

My thoughts are with Edge and his family. I am desperately hoping his sweet girl is ok.

So true. I love U2 more and more each day and as cheesy as it sounds I'm proud that they do care about their fans the way they do. They respect us in an unimaginable way for such a huge band. It'd be easy for them to lose perspective like so many other bands have but they don't. The music is why I love them but to be honest there's much more to them than their music that is appealing. I respect them as people. They are an inspiration in a time of bands splitting to do solo projects and splitting over money reasons and splitting over drug problems. They truely are amazing and the least any of us as fans can do in a time like this is to simply respect their decision to postpone or even cancell dates if it comes to that, and send our best wishes to them and their families. Family matters alot more than touring and none of us would want to be away from home when a family member was in need of serious support.

Techfire you said this so well I commend you! I was here this morning and I had to leave because people were all about themselves and what it meant to THEM to have this postponement happen. I really do feel for people who have flights and hotel reservations, etc. that means money lost or whatever but it saddened me that not many people were taking into account the fact that an 8 year old little girl- a child who hasn't even had a chance to really live yet- is terribly ill. I myself have three healthy, relatively happy(!) boys and I would not trade places with the richest or most spoiled of rockstars if it meant one of them was to be ill.
U2 have brought me so much joy over the years that it tears me up to think Edge is now in this position. I sincerely will say a prayer for his daughter tonight- even though I am not too religious myself(sorry Bono)- at the same time I am thanking my lucky stars that my boys are okay.
I also commend you that you are going ahead with your vacation with such a positive spirit. I wanted to tell others to do that but I don't think many were interested in hearing that this morning! Have a wonderful time in Sydney or Melbourne or Tokyo or Hawaii or wherever you were going and be sure to come back and tell us some fun stuff you did there- even without the U2 concert I am sure these places have lots to do and plenty of fun to be had!!!!

:hug: to Techfire for restoring my faith in these boards, which are usually a wonderful caring place!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to your trip report, and anyone else's who opts to go ahead and have some fun even without the concert to go to!

LFB

Last edited:
longingforBono said:
Techfire you said this so well I commend you! I was here this morning and I had to leave because people were all about themselves and what it meant to THEM to have this postponement happen. I really do feel for people who have flights and hotel reservations, etc. that means money lost or whatever but it saddened me that not many people were taking into account the fact that an 8 year old little girl- a child who hasn't even had a chance to really live yet- is terribly ill. I myself have three healthy, relatively happy(!) boys and I would not trade places with the richest or most spoiled of rockstars if it meant one of them was to be ill.
U2 have brought me so much joy over the years that it tears me up to think Edge is now in this position. I sincerely will say a prayer for his daughter tonight- even though I am not too religious myself(sorry Bono)- at the same time I am thanking my lucky stars that my boys are okay.
I also commend you that you are going ahead with your vacation with such a positive spirit. I wanted to tell others to do that but I don't think many were interested in hearing that this morning! Have a wonderful time in Sydney or Melbourne or Tokyo or Hawaii or wherever you were going and be sure to come back and tell us some fun stuff you did there- even without the U2 concert I am sure these places have lots to do and plenty of fun to be had!!!!

:hug: to Techfire for restoring my faith in these boards, which are usually a wonderful caring place!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to your trip report, and anyone else's who opts to go ahead and have some fun even without the concert to go to!

LFB

Thanks for the kind words. I check this web site daily, I don't post much, but I enjoy reading some of the die hard U2 fans. But yesterday was not a good day, not so much with the cancellation, but the anger at some of the "die hards". I'll admit, I wasn't too happy at first since I probably could've spent the money elsewhere, but hell I need a vacation and it's HAWAII for crying out loud. I will report on my vacation, as I hope many here will, safe travel to all.

MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed (General Discussion/Info)

Time for a new thread. :wink: Hopefully this one will stay peaceful and on topic.

Just a recap

Vertigo '06: Final Dates Postponed.

It is with great regret that tour promoter The Next Adventure announces the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 tour. This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band. The effected dates are listed below.

'Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly', said TNA President Arthur Fogel. 'We will announce further details as soon as we have them.'

The effected shows, which are all sold out, are: March 17th & 18th, Ericcson Stadium AUCKLAND; 21st, Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre BRISBANE; 24TH & 25TH, Telstra Dome, MELBOURNE; 28th, AAMI Stadium ADELAIDE; 31st & 1st April, Telstra Stadium, SYDNEY; 4th, Nissan Stadium YOKOHAMA; 8th Aloha Stadium, HONOLULU.

We'll bring you more news on U2.Com as we get it.

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1918

Other articles:
http://reuters.myway.com//article/2...71_RTRIDST_0_ENTERTAINMENT-LEISURE-U2-DC.html
http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/u2-pulls-out-of-tour-in-name-of-love/2006/03/09/1141701632841.html
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,18422316-5001022,00.html

^ Copied shamelessly from Miroslava ;)

Other threads that may be of interest:

Airlines/Hotels that Care, and Airlines/Hotels that don't - Postponement Thread

u2's Prayer/Good Vibes Prayer Chain

In shock all of yesterday.
Incredibly saddened for the band and their families. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. They have given me over 20 years of happiness (at times extremely blissful happiness) and I know how much the true U2 fans love them.
I wish them the best and will join them again wherever they may be.

Sorry if I was a little harsh on tryan in that last thread. I was trying to defend some Interference members, and wound up attacking other ones instead. That didn't go as planned.

I hope people can make things work out, and can adjust whatever plans need to be adjusted, and can enjoy whatever holidays they eventually wind up taking.

KEEP THIS THREAD ON TOPIC

GENERAL WARNING TO ALL:

Continuing to bring up Axver's suspension is no different than a spin-off thread except that you are currently hijacking another thread to do it. Further infractions will result in forum suspensions for the offending members.

If you feel the need to express your views further about Axver please feel free to email me at:
axver.is.suspended.get.over.it@interference.com

All Hip Hop website... (excerpted quote below from Kanye West)

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5449

"Of course my prayers are with U2 and their families at this time, and I'm sure their fans share that sentiment with me,” said West, who performed last night (Mar. 9) in Paris, France. "It's been an incredible experience touring with U2. They are a truly special band, a great organization, and their fans are the best in the world."

Lila64 said:
All Hip Hop website... (excerpted quote below from Kanye West)

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5449

"Of course my prayers are with U2 and their families at this time, and I'm sure their fans share that sentiment with me,” said West, who performed last night (Mar. 9) in Paris, France. "It's been an incredible experience touring with U2. They are a truly special band, a great organization, and their fans are the best in the world."
thats actually a really touching thing, he didnt even need to say anything, :up:

i honestly still cant belive some one the comments i have seen, i was reading an article just before and one fan said "they better reschedule", yes because your concert going is more improtant than a member of one of the bands family

You didnt miss anything, just the continued bitching and arguing. It has no place in the forum right now. It's dispresectful to the band to say the least.

I applaud this forum for keeping the discussion pure. (at least they try and try.....)

Living in Europe i had my concerts, and i can really say that it is no fun to miss out. I lived to it for moths......but thats is no reason for the reactions I read here, Honestly i felt ashamed sometimes

As a mum, ik would not even go abroad with a realy sick child at home. I understand the difficult decision of U2.

One of the reasons I really love u2, is their compassion. I can only give the compassion back to a father with a very sick child, to friends who need to support that family.

Another reason I love U2 is their honesty their drive. I feel that they tried and tried for god knows how long to play for their loyal fans almost around the world. And now enough is enough. They know where their place is, and thats not in Australia regretfully but in a place where a little child is fighting and in need of her close and loves ones.....

My prayers are with the family.

Love from Holland

Last edited:
I can only assume nothing has been announced. ( thread 2 erased. :eyebrow: it must of been just horrible. :rolleyes:)

what are they waiting for?? give us some news. have a band member make a statement. leaving everyone hanging really sucks, but maybe the info leaked before they were ready.

in due time, in due time.

Bono is scheduled for an interview on Denton's show in Australia on Monday evening. Perhaps that's the first word we will hear (or not) :shrug:

Lila64 said:
in due time, in due time.

Bono is scheduled for an interview on Denton's show in Australia on Monday evening. Perhaps that's the first word we will hear (or not) :shrug:
must be horrible for bono to be doing an interview right now, because he already knows the one question that is certain to be asked

Back
Top Bottom