U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed (General Discussion/Info)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ralphie said:
You know, people have been talking about the 'bickering' that's been going on in response to this announcement, but I must say, I see it a little differently. Sometimes big things happen, and this is a big thing. This isn't a situation that you can glance at once and know exactly how to respond or what to say or do. This is a complicated situation that requires some thought, and I've seen a lot of thoughtful posts like this one, people talking and debating and sharing thoughts on the topic (as opposed to it turning into an "I'm right!" "No, I'm right!" argument). I'm proud to be in all of your company.:up:

:up:

jeez, I'm not even a ticketholder but I'm feeling all pinsandneedlesy and wanting to stay up late to hear asap!
thanks for the time info!
cheers...

Re: Re: Re: Thoughts on Responding to the Postponement (long)

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
For the people that basically had to put their lives on hold, jump through tons of hoops, and cough up hundreds, thousands of dollars and are now SOL, it seems like whenever anyone's trying to get some real info (about airlines, hotels, new dates, what others are doing), they get bashed for "not caring".

that's a great point. i think the holier than thou attitude is just as sickening.

I think it is appropriate to be upset about the postponements, especially if you have tickets and reservations, etc to those concerts. However, I don't think it is appropriate at all to step over the line and get angry with U2.

I think we all know how important we as fans are to U2 and they would *never* do something like this unless it was a serious situation. I'm sorry, but family comes first and some people just have to deal with it. It's a bad situation for everyone, especially that little girl.

look most people think of their own personal situation first, that is human nature

It doesn't mean they don't want Sian to get better or understand The Edge's situation.

Bad Langague can't be excused.

Thinking of your own personal situation first is human nature,
and using ''bad'' language because you're angry is not?

Thinking of your own in a situation as extreme as this one has nothing to do with human nature, but is just a case of having an ego bigger than this world

And no, you don't understand Edge's situation when you think of yourself first, how can you even put that in te same sentence?
This kind of people can only hope they will never get in a situation where loved ones of there own get sick!

I fully agree with everything Hawkmoon 72 say's!

Last edited:
Denton was speaking to Jay and the Doctor on Triple J this morning. He reckons he hasn't spoken to Bono yet, but he could have just been saying that as Jay & Doc were both ready to grill him on what Bono said regarding the tour and possible re-scheduled dates.

neilm said:
Denton was speaking to Jay and the Doctor on Triple J this morning. He reckons he hasn't spoken to Bono yet, but he could have just been saying that as Jay & Doc were both ready to grill him on what Bono said regarding the tour and possible re-scheduled dates.

I'll be sure to tune into Drive with Richard Glover this afternoon. Denton normally comes on the afternoon before and gives a run down of what was discussed, how he found the interviewee etc. Normally a soundbite too.

timothius said:

I'll be sure to tune into Drive with Richard Glover this afternoon. Denton normally comes on the afternoon before and gives a run down of what was discussed, how he found the interviewee etc. Normally a soundbite too.

Is that on Tripple J too?, and what time?

timothius said:

Thats on ABC Local. Most NSW stations carry it, not sure about outside the state.

Starts 3pm runs to 6pm. Denton is normally on as I'm driving home from work, so between 5-6.

Ah right.

I know there is a Drive program on the ABC in VIC radio, not sure if its diffrent or not though.

timothius said:

Thats on ABC Local. Most NSW stations carry it, not sure about outside the state.

Starts 3pm runs to 6pm. Denton is normally on as I'm driving home from work, so between 5-6.

Just caught Denton as he was talking with the local ABC radio station during drivetime. Denton said he was just coming from the interview.
Said Bono was very eloquent, intelligent and funny :) Talked about world economics, Bush, Pope John Paul.....didn't mention anything about the concerts though.

Sounds like a great interview! I hope someone is able to capture it-looking forward to seeing it!

Looking at the bigger picture, obviously we all hope that his daughter will be in the best possible position as we do our own children.
I think that it would have been hard for him to tour up to now, and so now think that because the realisation is worse than first thought, that maybe the postponement will turn to cancellation.
This is pretty bad from any point of view so I truely prayer that whatever the outcome is, that everyone learns from it on just how precious life is, whether rich or poor, old or young, famous or not. all our lives are important and we are all entitled to think about ourselves, hopefully in a positive light

:lmao:

Do you think it would have the same impact? I mean we are talking an intimate setting here not the full on concert. :lol:

tryan101 said:
No - the promoters are local. In Hawaii its "Live Nation"

Actually it is as far as I can tell. U2's tour is promoted by TNA, a unit of Live Nation Inc., the recently spun-off live-entertainment arm of Clear Channel Communications Inc.

love2bmama said:
How can he *still* be talking about the Pope?? He's been dead for a year. What could there possibly be left to say? god.

Maybe he's talking about the new Pope?

Back
Top Bottom