U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed (General Discussion/Info)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
We'll all find out what we need to know when the band/management has something to say.

We should all just sit back and wait and think good thoughts for the band and the ill person, whoever it might be.

We can all be upset, saddened, concerned, confused, but no need to lash out at one another. Just take a deep breath or one of these
chillpill.gif

Maybe throw on a U2 CD and get some comfort from the music and remember why you are here on this forum and all the joy they've brought you in the past and that they will continue to bring. :heart:

u.gif
2.gif

:applaud:

:hug:

Lila64 said:
We'll all find out what we need to know when the band/management has something to say.

We should all just sit back and wait and think good thoughts for the band and the ill person, whoever it might be.

We can all be upset, saddened, concerned, confused, but no need to lash out at one another. Just take a deep breath or one of these
chillpill.gif

Maybe throw on a U2 CD and get some comfort from the music and remember why you are here on this forum and all the joy they've brought you in the past and that they will continue to bring. :heart:

u.gif
2.gif

Well said!!! :applaud: :hug: My sentiments exactly! :yes:

Great comments everyone :hug:

I’m normally not this schmaltzy but here it goes -

The thing is I’m seriously gutted about not being able to get to see U2 in April and am now postponing all of my travel plans to Hawaii right now - I’ll be out some money and will be working instead of being on vacation in a couple of weeks. But this is nothing in comparison to someone being critically ill. The fact that U2 toured this entire year under the shadow of an illness underscores how serious the situation is now

Having a loved one in the hospital and critically ill pretty much stops a persons life for a while regardless of how famous or how many demands are on their time. We as fans have to give the band some time to close rank and support each other for a bit

I have no doubt in my mind they’ll make it up in some way to all the fans who plans were shattered by this postponement - we just need to give them some time.

Last edited:
BonosBaby12 said:
What if we happen to lack patience? :wink: Seriously having patience is one of the best ways to deal with this situation.

We manage to wait 4 years for a new album to come out, but can't wait....I dont know till October-November (rumors!) for some shows?

BonosBaby12 said:
I was only joking thought some humor would help everyone to feel better. Personally I have no problem waiting as U2 are very worth it. Gives me something to look forward to :)

:) No, I know you were kidding.

I lack paitence, but dont care when these shows are now, cause the band will make it up to us at some point.

Lila64 said:

chillpill.gif

u.gif
2.gif

:up:

Why don't we form some sort of song play at a certain date/time to support the band or something... maybe get some press, good karma, etc.

u2wedge said:

:up:

Why don't we form some sort of song play at a certain date/time to support the band or something... maybe get some press, good karma, etc.

I think there was some idea of writing a letter to management saying how we support their decision....I think that would have been a good idea.

u2wedge said:

That's an excellent idea, u2wedge. :up:
A set list party for all the angst on the board.
Music soothes the savage beast, after all. :hug:

(just wait till I get my sound card installed, again :wink: )

Lila64 said:
All Hip Hop website... (excerpted quote below from Kanye West)

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5449

"Of course my prayers are with U2 and their families at this time, and I'm sure their fans share that sentiment with me,” said West, who performed last night (Mar. 9) in Paris, France. "It's been an incredible experience touring with U2. They are a truly special band, a great organization, and their fans are the best in the world."

That was really nice and well said by Kanye! thanks Kanye!
cheers all...

edit: wait, people are trying to wrangle some sort of *press*?! Do you really think that would be a happy thing? I'm not getting it...write to management if you want to say you support their decision but getting press? what purpose does that serve?!seriously?
please excuse my ignorance!
cheers!

Last edited:
I don't have any time to read the whole thread, but in the paper today it said the tour was postponed due to the 'death' (not illness) of a close family member... Tell me its' not true! :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

(Edit: I mean the death part. I'm well aware the tour is postponed :( )

I'm not denying that you might have read that, but before everyone panics, any way you can provide a source?

Hopefully this is just sloppy journalism.

I didn't mean to start panic attacks. I just wanted to know. :reject:

It was in a local Wagga Wagga newspaper. (Wagga is a town in Aust.) I don't think they have a site.

Is there anyway we can have two threads about this topic please? One for people to talk about logistics, who's still going where, etc. And another thread for people to talk about bands private life. I really don't want to read it.

Actually, I've noticed there aren't many people directly effected by the tour postponement in this thread. If anyone who was planning on travelling to see shows in Sydney would like to contact me off line I'd appreciate it. I'm still going over and I'd like to catch up with the remaining people who are going forward with their trip.

My email is belilindt [at] gmail {dot} com.

Thanks.

Meghan, I haven't read that in any of the Oz papers, so I would say it was a mistake.... besides, I highly doubt Bono would be holidaying in Oz if that were the case. And the tour would be cancelled completely, not just postponed.

Back
Top Bottom