U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed (General Discussion/Info)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KUEFC09U2 said:
must be horrible for bono to be doing an interview right now, because he already knows the one question that is certain to be asked

I'm sure if he wants to he can put in the terms of the interview what subjects he will not discuss. Or he can simply not answer a question.

Sicy said:
You didnt miss anything, just the continued bitching and arguing. It has no place in the forum right now. It's dispresectful to the band to say the least.
They might have missed this -I 2nd the boxing referee role you have to adopt yesterday!-:
The link for the audio of Zoo Station played in Buenos Aires, march 2nd.
http: // s56.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=2MJSJL6ZD4NUT18EWSXSG5PI66

Bono says "Daddys coming home, now, hang on there Siam, hang on there little diva"

Lila64 said:
All Hip Hop website... (excerpted quote below from Kanye West)

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5449

"Of course my prayers are with U2 and their families at this time, and I'm sure their fans share that sentiment with me,” said West, who performed last night (Mar. 9) in Paris, France. "It's been an incredible experience touring with U2. They are a truly special band, a great organization, and their fans are the best in the world."

I liked this man immensely before I read this. My admiration of him is now off the charts, in the stratosphere somewhere. What a kind and generous statement, and what a class act.

I really feel sorry for U2 for having to go through all of this. Not only are they having a rough time of it. But Im sure it bothers them that tons of fans are disappointed with the postponement. Like Lila said in due time we will hear something. When has this band ever been known to let us down?

Oh and I :applaud: Kayne for his statement. That was so incredibly nice of him to do that. Will admit Im not a fan of his but that's really cool with what he did.

jonnytakeawalk said:
So has Denton already been taped? If so was it taped before the post ponement announcement?

It will be taped on Monday afternoon to be aired that evening on ABC at 9:30pm, I have the day off so i'm going to go the ABC studios in Sydney and i'm trying to get in to the show, Bono in Sydney has already got a seat!

Great Post!!
Think positive and stop whining..
It's truly great that the band toured last year.
I'm a father of three-year-old myself (second baby due in two weeks' time) and I couldn't think of leaving my family to tour the world for a year... I know the band has intervals and they'll fly home now and again...
U2 Rocks, The best in the world and all you Aussies, Kiwis, geishas and Hawaiians.. your time will come, if it's not this year than certainly next year or the year after..

BonosBaby12 said:
I really feel sorry for U2 for having to go through all of this. Not only are they having a rough time of it. But Im sure it bothers them that tons of fans are disappointed with the postponement. Like Lila said in due time we will hear something. When has this band ever been known to let us down?

Amen!!! Bonosbaby12 and thanks for that bite raft. I feel awful for Edge. Really saddened....that's all I can say.

Finally, a feel-good non-selfish post.

U2 has given us so much. Sometimes we need to give back with hearts and not our wallets.

U2 Karma has never been anything but kind to me ... time to give back. Give back.

Sleep.
Sleep tonight.

Perhaps the other thread was deleted because it represented U2 Nation poorly. I, for one, have never been more disgusted. U2 has never just postponed a tour for no good reason. You think they wanted to do it because they wanted to extend their holiday?

Please. Time to focus on the positive. For all the beautiful music they have produced over the years, I can take the hit in the wallet. Will I miss them? For sure. But, I want them to tend to themselves as well. Sometimes life should not be about money. Gained or lost.

I am not judging anyone ... but please ... let us focus on prayers for the family member inflicted. And not ourselves. The band stands for so much more than that ... and so should we.

positive aspects-

the band gets a rest and could be refreshed!!

varied setlist!!

more time for tapers/filmers to get to aussie/nz/etc and share.

chance to set up a proshot.

a flux of tix available for those who didn't get 'em.

extra shows.

And in my opinion, no Kayne West!! Maybe Arcade Fire will be out of the studio.

please don't try to tell me how i should feel, what is "appropriate", and stop pretending like the band hinges on every word said at this website. get over yourselves. thanks.

Last edited:
The me as a fan focus is nauseating and tiresome.

How about a positive out of all of this ... is oh I don't know ... Edge and his family finds peace!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time poster, long time lurker. I just wanted to make a contribution to the discussion about Bono referencing Sian during Zoo Station in Buenos Aires. I was listening to the live internet broadcast of that show last week and when I recognized what Bono was saying, I got chills. However, I think Bono actually said "hang on little Levi" rather than "little diva" - especially after listening to the mp3 again. Hearing this worried me but it didn't totally surprise me because it was at least the second reference Bono made to the children during the South American shows.

If anyone has a copy of the poor quality bootleg (I got it at Joe's site) from the February 15 Mexico show, you can clearly hear Bono say, "This is for Levi and Sian" right before the start of "40" - a dedication for the closing song. When I heard this several weeks ago, I was aware of the rumors about Edge in the media so it caused me some worry. Hearing the Zoo Station reference disturbed me even more.

Of course, this is all pure speculation until we positively know the identity of the ill family member. But if it turns out that the crisis is in Edge's household, then it must have been on Bono's mind throughout the South American tour.

I echo Kanye West's gracious statement. All my prayers are with the U2 family.

Last edited:
Ok people. It was friday at work, i was bored and a little bit dissapointed that I no longer had the concerts to look forward to. I got on the net and emailed the promoter. I got quick replys, much respect for Coppel. The messages say:

Hi Liam

Thanks for your email. We will announce the rescheduled dates as soon as possible.
Thanks, Fiona

Original Email
On 09/03/2006, at 9:00 PM, Liam wrote:

I understand the volume of email you are getting.
Just writing to say i am not angry at all, these things happen - i hope that the sick person gets well soon. When will we get an announcement as to the resheduled dates though?

Thanks

Liam

---------------------------------------------------------------

Fiona

Publicity - Michael Coppel Presents

Then i wanted clarification on this

Hi Liam
The tour dates have been postponed not cancelled. Rescheduled dates will be announced ASAP.
Thanks, Fiona

On 10/03/2006, at 1:53 PM, Liam wrote:

Thankyou. Im guessing from your language that the tour wont be cancelled, can you confirm this?

My two bob - no official announcment until after the weekend. This will give time to know the severity of the illness, and fingers crossed, for the promoter to get the ball rolling on new dates. These will probably be after football season finishes, hopefully on same week days. Its a mess, but people forget that U2 are just regular people - i would have done the same if i was the edge... :sad: man i wish i could play like edge!

:hug: for the band + sian

Last edited:
I was told last night that u2 are going ahead with 1 sydney and 1 Auckland show - the rest will be scrapped.

Anyone heard anything similar?

Guess we'll know on monday.

I wish all the best to Edge and his family. Of course he must go home and do what ever needs doing, family must always come before your work regardless of what you do.

I learnt that the hard way and have to live with that guilt for the rest of my life as I made the mistake of putting my job before my Dad and didn`t see him before he died even though I knew he was ill. I really regret that and am haunted by the thought that my Dad may haver thought I didn`t care about him, but I put my patients (I`m a nurse) before my family. Never again will I make that failing.

Let`s hope everything works out Ok and whoever it is makes a speedy and complete recovery.:hug: :angel:

I just listened to the clip again and Bono definitely says, "hang on little Levi" not "little diva."

Also, you could interpret "Daddy's coming home now" in a way that means, "Edge is about to wrap up this song" i.e."bring it on home now." Just kind of a casual off-hand musical reference.

Of course, we now know what he meant (or at least we presume we know what he meant.)
I'm really glad I listened to that concert, as bad as the live stream was.

From U2.com in relation to Zootopia:

In discussing the news on the boards, please respect the privacy of band members and their families.

I know this is a different site and different rules may well apply but for people who want to know the bands wishes in this situation, there it is.

I'm still going to Sydney. I'm gonna have a holiday anyway. Is anyone else going?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is news or not, but I just got a phone message from Ticketmaster telling me how to get a refund for Hawaii tickets. Pretty fast action on their part.

cleazer said:
Not sure if this is news or not, but I just got a phone message from Ticketmaster telling me how to get a refund for Hawaii tickets. Pretty fast action on their part.

They phoned you? Are they phoning all the ticket holders? That would be a rather large job.

Shag On A Rock said:

They phoned you? Are they phoning all the ticket holders? That would be a rather large job.
It was a recorded message.

cleazer said:
It was a recorded message.

Any goss on when/if Hawaii will be rescheduled? The goss here is November for Australia.

The other gossip is that the tour is cancelled and the postponement announcement is a softening technique by marketing people.

Shag On A Rock said:

I got that call too. Of course, they're encouraging folks to hold onto their tickets if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom