U2 Vertigo on HD.net

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Right from the local Newspaper!

For those of you who have never seen the band.....

HDNets concert series premieres Vertigo Chicago in full 1080i resolution and Dolby 5.1 sound. Details, repeat airings at
www.hd.net/U2.

Enjoy, its awsome!!!
:wave:

JCOSTER said:
Right from the local Newspaper!

For those of you who have never seen the band.....

HDNets concert series premieres Vertigo Chicago in full 1080i resolution and Dolby 5.1 sound. Details, repeat airings at
www.hd.net/U2.

Enjoy, its awsome!!!
:wave:

ok...i can't reach that link you posted...:mad:

Is this all material available on the DVD and bonus disc? An HD TV is still in the pretty distant future for me, but I'd be interested in seeing the footage if it's anything new.

It'll be intersting to see if the video source is the DVD and they are simply upconverting the resolution, or if they have a true High Definition recording of the show.

ntalwar said:
It'll be intersting to see if the video source is the DVD and they are simply upconverting the resolution, or if they have a true High Definition recording of the show.

HD.net doesn't show upconversions. It was shot in hi-def too, so I'm sure it's the real deal.

Chrisedge said:

HD.net doesn't show upconversions. It was shot in hi-def too, so I'm sure it's the real deal.

HDNET shows lots of movies from the 80s, so those are upconverted. I did not see the U2 DVD mention high-def cameras. I also bought the Rush R30 DVD, and they made a big deal of the 14 HD cameras used to film it.

ntalwar said:

HDNET shows lots of movies from the 80s, so those are upconverted. I did not see the U2 DVD mention high-def cameras. I also bought the Rush R30 DVD, and they made a big deal of the 14 HD cameras used to film it.

They are Hi-Def transfers then, not upconverts.

From http://www.hd.net/factsheet.html

HDNet Facts
HDNet is the first national television network broadcasting all of its programming in 1080i HD, the highest-quality format of high-definition television (HDTV).

Hopefully, they will re-release U2 Chicago on HD DVD (or Blu-Ray) when those technologies are available.

Back
Top Bottom