"U2 Uncovered" - On UK TV This Week!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dezmaas said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but you really do talk some shite.

So you REALLY believe that U2's best work is yet to be done???? Wow there are some deluded people in this world!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

So you REALLY believe that U2's best work is yet to be done???? Wow there are some deluded people in this world!:wink:
belive it or not some people DO think that a few songs from bomb are among there best ever, and i am one of those people, i think love and peace is one of the best live songs, i think city of blinding lights is fast becoming a classic, i think sometimes is one of the best heart wrenching ballads since one, and i also think crumbs is one of there most important songs to date,

thats not going into miracle drug, and original, which are amazing songs,

just because you have certain opinions please dont belive that everyone thinks the same as you, as they dont

KUEFC09U2 said:
belive it or not some people DO think that a few songs from bomb are among there best ever, and i am one of those people, i think love and peace is one of the best live songs, i think city of blinding lights is fast becoming a classic, i think sometimes is one of the best heart wrenching ballads since one, and i also think crumbs is one of there most important songs to date,

thats not going into miracle drug, and original, which are amazing songs,

just because you have certain opinions please dont belive that everyone thinks the same as you, as they dont

Something we agree on!!!:wink:

bomb is not in u2's top five as regards overall quality of tunes.
yes there are some classics, but enough duds aswell.
i'm glad crumbs is not being played live as its the most overrated song on this forum, love and peace is an embarrassment on the record, although it does work live as a spectacle.
vertigo, sometimes, miracle, cobl, aboy only do it for me and i simply cannot bring myself to listen through this album anymore.
it will probably be the least listened to u2 album in my collection for a long long time.

btw - croke park on sat and monday were maybe the best gigs ive ever seen - shit album or no shit album

brwh1 said:
bomb is not in u2's top five as regards overall quality of tunes.
yes there are some classics, but enough duds aswell.
i'm glad crumbs is not being played live as its the most overrated song on this forum, love and peace is an embarrassment on the record, although it does work live as a spectacle.
vertigo, sometimes, miracle, cobl, aboy only do it for me and i simply cannot bring myself to listen through this album anymore.
it will probably be the least listened to u2 album in my collection for a long long time.
well its a shame you dont get the enjoymet out of it that i do

KUEFC09U2 said:
belive it or not some people DO think that a few songs from bomb are among there best ever, and i am one of those people, i think love and peace is one of the best live songs, i think city of blinding lights is fast becoming a classic, i think sometimes is one of the best heart wrenching ballads since one,

SYCMIOYO is one of the worst songs they have EVER done, sounds more like Bon Jovi to me, and can not be even mentioned in the same breath as ONE, cobl is just trying to create that Where the streets feel and fails badly, Love and Peace Or Else is a great song on the album but its among quite a few duds.:wink:

brwh1 said:

i'm glad crumbs is not being played live as its the most overrated song on this forum, i simply cannot bring myself to listen through this album anymore.

I actually agree with this, I am now starting to prefer the ATYCLB album as a whole as its got more hidden gems such as When I look at the world, New York, Kite. I am now prefering this album to the latest which has become very boring to listen to.:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

SYCMIOYO is one of the worst songs they have EVER done, sounds more like Bon Jovi to me, and can not be even mentioned in the same breath as ONE, cobl is just trying to create that Where the streets feel and fails badly, Love and Peace Or Else is a great song on the album but its among quite a few duds.:wink:
all in your opinion, why do you even bother coming here if your not enjoying things? surley you have better things to do than slag everything U2 are currently doing

People all have different opinions. I remember Zooropa getting mixed reviews and pop being slated in some quarters. Personally I loved both of them and would have loved to have heard some of Pop on this tour, especially Please.

I remember when I first heard this album I thought it was a bit disappointing but it quickly grew on me. The likes of Miracle Drug and Crumbs are top tunes and Vertigo is fantastic live. I lik CoBL but I wouldn't put it up there with One.

My favourite one is SYCMIOYO. Hearing it live is really moving just like Kite on the last tour. Listening to the Edge talk about it on U2 uncovered last night and seeing the close up footage of bono singing it makes you realize the passion he puts into it. For me that goes down as a classic U2 track.

KUEFC09U2 said:
all in your opinion, why do you even bother coming here if your not enjoying things? surley you have better things to do than slag everything U2 are currently doing

Only giving my opinion thats all. Why be so offended that somebody has a different opinion than you?:wink:

So uh...what did y'all make of the 'U2 uncovered' program (sorry to steer off the current subject & back to the original thread title topic :p).

To also go off at a tangent.......Can anyone explain the 'Neon Vertigo lights' around the middle/upper tiers in the Chicago live clips ? I was at MSG and dont remember them at all. Were they introduced just for the DVD shoot ? Lot of kit to use for just one show :huh:

Just to ad my 2p's worth half of HTDAAB is a v.good album, half is okish. Overall i think ATYCLB is a stronger record :reject:

I thought there was too much concert footage in U2 uncovered - we'll see all that when the live DVD comes out.

It's great seeing footage but I think I would have been more interested in hearing the thoughts of Bono and co. You only heard Adam say about one thing and for some of the footage he wasn't even in view!

Larry and Bono's banter was great.

Do you reckon Larry is trying to grow a mini mullet? I was calling him Larry mullet after the manchester 1 show but I had had a couple of beers!

Well Cat talked to the band and Larry especially about what they do before going on. Plus there was that great opening shot of seeing the boys casually and calmly walk out to the stage in front of 55,000 fans....:ohmy:

achtung y'all said:
Well Cat talked to the band and Larry especially about what they do before going on. Plus there was that great opening shot of seeing the boys casually and calmly walk out to the stage in front of 55,000 fans....:ohmy:
i loved that part right at the beggining, when you see them walking to the back of the stage during arcade fire

i even got all nervous lol

KUEFC09U2 said:
i loved that part right at the beggining, when you see them walking to the back of the stage during arcade fire

i even got all nervous lol

But how relaxed were they? I'd be shitting in my pants at that point. Only Bono showed his adrenaline by jumping up and down as Cat pee'd in her pants and went off to watch the show.

Lights

Kevin,

The lights on the upper teirs are apparently house lights - Willie's Diary I believe explains how U2's lighting boffin managed to 'hijack' them for the nights they played - use them as part of the show!

B.

I've totally rediscovered Bomb since listening to the boots and seeing them live. Some of the songs have gone from being average to being future classics IMO. They've just taken on a new edge or something, can't quite put my finger on it. No pun intended....

achtung y'all said:
Anyone hear Edge answer a question about songs being played live and said "....don't they Paul"? Let the ol' mask slip for a second!
what you getting at?

KUEFC09U2 said:
what you getting at?

That they most likely call each other by their proper names normally. I've only ever seen/heard them refer to each other by their pseudonymns before. So behind closed doors, in private, it would be Paul, Dave, Larry and Adam...

Back
Top Bottom