U2 tour 2005 ticket prices prediction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
I am not sure about other dollar value in other countries but in North America I think for Arenas and Amphitheatres it will be an average of a $100. If it is reserved seating, than the floor will be $150. The Plaza or main bleacher section will be $100 and the Balcony will be $50. Let's discuss, what do you guys think.
:)

I reckon the Aussie ones will be expensive. $200 or so. Someone toured recently and thats how much there were. Mental block who.

Even Bob Geldofs one man show out the back of the pub at my Uni was a $140 odd.

edited to add, I think it was Bowie that was $200.

Last edited:
Tickets for Elevation were $135 for the first section. I paid $80 for one show and I had the very top row in the side. So tickets are extremely expensive. That's face!

Brokers will probably charge $250++ for a decent seat. Everyone is so spoiled from prop. If prop does not come through I cannot even imagine what the price would be for a GA ticket from a broker. Ticketmaster is so FUCKED. I have NEVER gotten a good seat from ticketmaster. I f a show is sold out in 10 minutes I ussually scalp tickets or go on EBAY. I do not buy from brokers.

u2valleygirl said:
Tickets for Elevation were $135 for the first section. I paid $80 for one show and I had the very top row in the side. So tickets are extremely expensive. That's face!

Brokers will probably charge $250++ for a decent seat. Everyone is so spoiled from prop. If prop does not come through I cannot even imagine what the price would be for a GA ticket from a broker. Ticketmaster is so FUCKED. I have NEVER gotten a good seat from ticketmaster. I f a show is sold out in 10 minutes I ussually scalp tickets or go on EBAY. I do not buy from brokers.

Brokers in Vancouver had a field day selling GA's for the Elevation show. In fact 6 weeks before the show, Scalpers were sold out COMPLETELY for the U2 show. I hope that things have slimmed down and that everyone will get a fair chance.

Hi there evolution, I got mine on-line and lucked out since I was getting a single ticket. I have better luck for shows in general when buying singles.

Anybody besides me think that U2 should just sell their tickets for market price (I'd guess that'd be $50 for nosebleed seats behind the stage up to $200 for GA tickets) and donate a large chunk of the profits?

In the UK I'd reckon in the region of £50 for a GA ticket, but if they play a stadium tour instead of arena's I reckon that could come down to around £40 for a GA ticket.

two words.....

shit loads

in the past year I have seen two premium gigs here in Australia, being Bowie $175 and Neil Young $140 for the best seats. I am thinking that premium seats at U2's next Australian gig will go for anywhere between $150 and $250. Its ridiculous, they are going to be expensive, six years ago the best seats at Pop were $100. But because I am such a U2 geek I will pay whatever it takes, I currently have a thousand dollars stashed for a ticket and merchandise:wink:

I donno, I think if U2 has any brains at all they will keep the prices about the same. If they want any kind of younger fan base to show up at the shows they will keep at least some pretty low. The concert market has softened since they last toured, and I hope they remember that too. Lower prices also create demand. Demand = hype. Hype = popularity.

Of course I may be fooling myself and they might drop a 200.00 price tag on us. Then the 30.00 in charges that TicketMonster pushes in. Then the 25.00 dollar program and one or two 6.75 beers. Ouch. I might still go but that would be close to half a paycheck just for the wife and I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom