U2 to RETIRE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Precious3

The Fly
Not sure if u guys have been talking about or know about this but i thought i would post it. gosh i hope its not true. ( this was posted on the take40 website...its a music radio show in australia )

"Are the world's number one rock group contemplating hanging up their guitars and designers sunglasses and retiring?! In a recent interview, U2 guitarist The Edge, has perhaps hinted that the band might be ready to call it a day.

When asked about the success of their incredible 2005/2006 Vertigo world tour The Edge said, "The reaction to the shows has been unprecedented. From a really great start, it's just built and built and built. I'm happy to say bye-bye, because I don't think we could ever top it."

Music industry insiders now believe that the band feel they have reached the pinnacle of their success and are thinking of ending on a high note."

Poor Edge.

How many more idiots will purposely misinterpret his innocent statement?

I thought all those Aussie shows sold out already, I wonder why the news outlets there need to put out these false alarms.

Hopefully the Hawaiian stations start spreading this b.s., too.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the misquoted edge story thread is the new "what's that song before city of blinding lights" thread, which of course was the new "i know what uno, dos, tres, catorce means' thread.

the journey of repetition moves on! on! on!

17.gif

3.gif

I'm ssssssssssssssooooooooooo disapointed that these guys are giving it up after such a TERRIBLE last couple of albums.............The Lyrics all sucked..............The ticket prices were way too high................Bono's voice isn't what it used to be.........

Oh by the way, what song/Artist did they play right before going on stage?

:wink:

Ok, well this is not going anywhere, so here comes

:lock:

As mentioned, this quote was completely taken out of context by SEVERAL 'news" outlets and well, discussed to death (or at least we had hoped! ) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom