u2 to play London 9th June 2007!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad the attitude seems to be a bit more open-minded than yesterday, it might be a case of believing what I want to but I think there may be at least a small element of truth to this.

I remember a company lost a court case in 2002 over U2 dates that did not exist but the con in this instance was that agency said it was part of a hotel/coach package to Holland that they were still honouring, so they weren't prepared to provide refunds. Even with this though there was some truth to it because we know that the band were intending to do European stadium dates in 2002 and enquired about venues.

This is what gives me some hope about this story because perhaps it means that they are making enquiries; so at the very least the band is considering playing dates this summer.

This maybe over-optimistic thinking but I think if it was a full-scale hoax/con, they'd be advertising dates for London and Manchester/Birmingham rather than London and Paris, and maybe they'd be advertising for smaller venues.

I've previously been sceptical but it does now look like Wembley will be ready this summer and I saw the stadium bookies recruiting staff in Evening Standard one night last week so it does suggest that the place is looking to be sorting out events etc.

It was my understanding that the U218 album was nothing more than an attempt to fulfil their greatest hits contract before the internet rendered the concept irrelevant, so my question is: does any one know if they're contractually obliged to support the album with some form of tour?

I don't think they are obliged to support a greatest hits album with some form of tour. If you remember, there was no tour after the best of 1980-1990 or 1990-2000, so it shouldn't be any different after U218. I think those announcements are a hoax, they have said they won't tour for two years I think, so there is very little chance of the announcement being real.

i dont think this show will be for them... it will probably be a for a event that they will feature for.

This remains 'of interest' to me. I'm not getting excited and working on the assumption that the odds are slim. However much I'd dearly like it be true.

i do believe that extending the tour into 2007 was looked into, much like bringing elevation into stadiums was looked into, then eventually called off.

these dates are probably speculative based on temporary holds that u2 submitted when they were looking into the prospects of extending the tour into 2007.

I don't think its going to happen either. Maybe there might be a one of opening extravaganza where some bands appear - but U2 have very rarely done one off shows (maybe the special olympics) without and Album to promote....

Do you think we can change the thread name so it ends with a question mark???

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i do believe that extending the tour into 2007 was looked into, much like bringing elevation into stadiums was looked into, then eventually called off.

these dates are probably speculative based on temporary holds that u2 submitted when they were looking into the prospects of extending the tour into 2007.

I'm thinking that u2 could anonymously hold dates - meaning leaks would fairly impossible since they would hold more dates than concerts(especially if they have to hold dates for building the stage)

I find it odd that more Police dates aren't widely known/rumoured. Since it's all but official that several dates will be happening in May.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

I'm thinking that u2 could anonymously hold dates - meaning leaks would fairly impossible since they would hold more dates than concerts(especially if they have to hold dates for building the stage)

I find it odd that more Police dates aren't widely known/rumoured. Since it's all but official that several dates will be happening in May.

u2fp

well management could always hold dates without telling the date... the problem with u2 of course is that if principal management holds a date, it's pretty easy to figure out who it's for.

LONG SHOT HERE BUT

The dates are for the 300th anniversary of the British Union.

Me thinks there be a huge music festival taking place.

I know its been a 300 years , time has flown by hasnt it.

please read the post I put here in PLEBA about Krystals,

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171686&pagenumber=2

Krystals has just been exposed on Watchdog (a UK consumer programme) as a ticket tout website there is no update on the web page as yet, as the programme is airing right now, http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_an...rts/index.shtml but the programme mentions many names that are tout sites, so keep an eye out for the update on the web page, and scrap them from your ticket supplier lists

That said, just because we have to scrap the seller, we need to keep an eye on the date. Ya never know?

U2FanPeter said:
How come this site isn't selling tickets/packages for that DianaFest concert put on by Willy and Harry?

All tickets that popped up on ebay for that were removed. I imagine the touts operating this site don't view it as worth the bad press they will receive, or perhaps the people selling the tickets are taking Glastonbury style measures to prevent touting.

U2FanPeter said:
I didn't know The Police were playing stadiums at all.

I didn't know The Police were still together! lmfao!

have I missed something? are they seriously playing together? now that would be something...

Last edited:
Some fans have been in touch to let us know of adverts appearing in the press offering tickets for U2 shows in London and Paris this year.

Take it from us, these adverts are a scam - there are no live plans for this year. Do not buy tickets for U2 shows unless you've read it here first.

U2.com say there wont be shows this year?

Must get my credit card then:lol:

mama cass said:

I didn't know The Police were still together! lmfao!

have I missed something? are they seriously playing together? now that would be something...

the Police have either announced or widely expected to announce a 30th anniversary reunion tour.

I wish they wouldn't bother, to be honest.

wtonis said:
Kind of funny, IORR.org, a reliable Rolling Stones fansite claims that the Stones are rumoured to play the Stade France on June 16... .... It's more likely that the Stones will play.. The Stones cancelled a number of shows last year due to Keith Richards falling from a palm tree... ..It is indeed rumoured amongst Stones fans that Jagger&Co. are meeting the requirements of their contracts..

The Stones did play that venue last year but were only able to sell a little over 60,000 tickets for the 80,000 seat venue. There was supposed to be a second show, but I think it was cancelled because they did not sell enough tickets, especially considering they only sold 60,000 tickets for the first show. Because of this, I doubt they will play Paris again this year. Even with Keith Richards injury, there was plenty of time in the new schedual to play a show the following night on Saturday July 29 if they demand had been there.

silvrlvr said:

the Police have either announced or widely expected to announce a 30th anniversary reunion tour.

I wish they wouldn't bother, to be honest.

Why is that? They are one of the greatest groups of all time, and people around the world would enjoy it. How could anyone be against something like that?

U2Man said:
was the vertigo tour ever officially declared 'done'.

I believe members of the U2 crew and McGuiness said Hawaii was the last show of the tour, even well ahead of the concert.

There was an interview with McGuiness in December last year and he said this year will be spent on working on the new album and that the plan was 2007 new album and 2008 new tour.

That said, does anyone think they might do a promo show and play a few songs for the premiere of the 3-D movie?

Last edited:
U2girl said:

I believe members of the U2 crew and McGuiness said Hawaii was the last show of the tour, even well ahead of the concert.

There was an interview with McGuiness in December last year and he said this year will be spent on working on the new album and that the plan was 2007 new album and 2008 new tour.

That said, does anyone think they might do a promo show and play a few songs for the premiere of the 3-D movie?

:hmm: now that might be interesting.. and a possibility.

on the Police reunion.. I don't see how that is gonna happen simply on the level of how Sting and Andy and Stewart(meaning that Andy and Stewart get along but the both don't get along with Sting) do not get along..how can you seriously tour with that kind of tension? Ok.. I know there is the money thing but I think at least for Sting that would not be enough of a incentive to do it.

IMO.. I also could care less if they actually tour.. Never really got into their music back in the day.. And I was certainly of age when they were at their peak.

STING2 said:
The Stones did play that venue last year but were only able to sell a little over 60,000 tickets for the 80,000 seat venue. There was supposed to be a second show, but I think it was cancelled because they did not sell enough tickets, especially considering they only sold 60,000 tickets for the first show. Because of this, I doubt they will play Paris again this year. Even with Keith Richards injury, there was plenty of time in the new schedual to play a show the following night on Saturday July 29 if they demand had been there.

The Stones didn't sell out, because of the way too high ticket prices!!! ...Keith Richards' injury was used as an excuse to reschedule last year's tour and cancel all show that didn't sell out.. ..just my humble opinion...

Where U2 is concerned.. I guess there won't be a tour in 2007...

wtonis said:

The Stones didn't sell out, because of the way too high ticket prices!!! ...Keith Richards' injury was used as an excuse to reschedule last year's tour and cancel all show that didn't sell out.. ..just my humble opinion...

Where U2 is concerned.. I guess there won't be a tour in 2007...

The Stones didn't sellout any of their shows in Europe, and some of them had ticket sales so low that it made sense to cancel them for cost reasons. The Richards injury helped out with the excuse.

Back
Top Bottom