U2 Santiago 2006 DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexico City 15 and 16 could piss all over Chile, haha no seriously, I don't know how can you argue that the DVD should be on Chile, everyone wants to have a DVD from their country and everyone thinks their show were the best. Just relax and wait for a bootleg, like everyone said it will eventually surface.

ponkine said:

Now is our time to change things, let´s do something.
Please sing the petition asking the band to release Santiago 2006 DVD instead A wonderful show full of spontaneity, emotion, electricity and passion. Something that lacked even in Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo and Mexico.

Seriously dude do you really think that this petition will go anywhere , specially when they already have a dvd ready to be released ( Milan ) and how do you expect to get people's support when you just said something like this . I don´t think you really thought it when you said those unhappy words , who doesn't want more one u2 dvd specially when its in your country , but in order to get this to speak bad about other countries concerts , and say things like these . Man to me this is a , even if its indirect , but is a offense anyway . Tell me something did you see all these concerts that you spoke so well ?

BTW you spoke about spontaneity , well here in Brazil they played a song that was never played before in the vertigo , wasn't even rehearsed , just because it was the same of a girl's name.

Emotion now this was a offense to u2 themselves , how can u say that their concert is emotionless ? Boy I don't even have to remember songs like Streets , OOTS I just have to point out 80.000 persons lighting a stadium with little lights , what do you say about that view ?

Electricity , just watch the perfomance of Streets in Sao Paulo II .

And finally passion , again 80.000 voices singing "All I want is you...." can you find more passion than this ?

Seriously this discussion is going nowhere , now if we just proposed a dvd , a best of Latin America , with the best of Mexico , Brazil , Argentina and Chile in one video , dont u think it would be easier , better and fairer ?

U2@NYC said:

I did not know there was an objective measure for "concert amazingness".

And the special relationship of U2 with Chile is no different than the special relationship with Brazil, Mexico and Argentina.

All of this is subjective.

Bono once told us that his favourite place was Amsterdam:huh:

You don't tell me Bono says this sentence more than once
:wink:

oh and the dutchcrowd is the smartest and loudest ..listen to the bootleg that was recorded live in rotterdam june 15th 1992
you're still the l;oudest and smartest audience in the world...case closed...
every other country SUCKS by the way
Bono told me that when we were drinking champagne together

three nights we will never forget :blahblah:

three nights we will never forget :blahblah:

something we will never forget :blahblah:

zwervers2 said:

Bono once told us that his favourite place was Amsterdam:huh:

You don't tell me Bono says this sentence more than once

oh and the dutchcrowd is the smartest and loudest ..listen to the bootleg that was recorded live in rotterdam june 15th 1992
you're still the l;oudest and smartest audience in the world...case closed...
every other country SUCKS by the way
Bono told me that when we were drinking champagne together

Bono is a liar, he told me that Argentina had been his favorite concert in the whole world and Universe and all the galactic systems.

And I measured the noise made by the crowd and the noise-o-meter, designed by me, combined with the coolness of the people I met and the flavor of the burgers I bought on the stadium clearly make Buenos Aires the best concert in all the tours in history. I think we deserve a collection of 250 DVDs from the moment U2 arrived to the moment they departed, including the 8 hours they spent sleeping.

Come on, I am being objective here.

U2@NYC said:

Bono is a liar, he told me that Argentina had been his favorite concert in the whole world and Universe and all the galactic systems.

And I measured the noise made by the crowd and the noise-o-meter, designed by me, combined with the coolness of the people I met and the flavor of the burgers I bought on the stadium clearly make Buenos Aires the best concert in all the tours in history. I think we deserve a collection of 250 DVDs from the moment U2 arrived to the moment they departed, including the 8 hours they spent sleeping.

Come on, I am being objective here.

are you in one way or another "connected" to this country? :wink:

zwervers2 said:

are you in one way or another "connected" to this country? :wink:

That has nothing to do with this.

My cool-o-meter measures all the concerts that deserve to make it to DVD without any potential failure...

OH F**K HAMISH WAS THERE AS WELL

a petition to stop IMAX and hamish ever communicating with each other ?
or send him an email Hamish_bloodnut_hamilton @ U2 cant be botheredtofindadecentdirector_soiamsoooooolucky.net

Headache said:
OH F**K HAMISH WAS THERE AS WELL

a petition to stop IMAX and hamish ever communicating with each other ?

I really would sign such a petition. Finally one that makes sense.

But I really doubt that he is involed in this project -in Willie Tour diary is written, that the nervous Hamilton arrived shortly before the Sao Paulo Concerts to supervise the shows. No word that he has something to do with the IMAX Film.
I think Mark Pellington could be the director. In Willis Tour Diary from the 16.2 his name shows up.

"The large and highly enthusiastic Mark Pellington is amongst us, directing the 3D cameras with Catherine Owens."

I hope and pray that this is true.
No more Hamilton, Please!!!!!!!

luchovox said:
The concert in Chile was amazing and the band in the best point. Is something objective, without despising to argentines and brazileans, the emotion in the crowd was incredible.

A special relation between u2 and Chile exists, it was as much that the members of the band spoke one by one. And with champagne in the end.

Objectively, Chile deserves to have dvd. The one that it did not have in 1998.

The concert in Croke Park was amazing.
So were the London shows.
So were the Boston & MSG October shows.

Maybe I'll start a petition to have all of those released on DVD, or am I slightly biased because those were the ones I went to? I have no idea how they compared to other shows but to be honest there isn't anything I could watch on video that would beat my own personal experience of the show in the flesh. I'm sure everyone would love for the DVD releases to be the ones they attended.

If anything there should be a Croke Park official DVD, but that isn't going to happen because they weren't filmed for release. Just like Chile wasn't. Besides, there is a perfect DVD in circulation of the 1998 Chile show.

I'm amazed listening all of you. What you basically are saying is: "because we all had a great concert so Santiago's concert should not be on dvd". And you have not even watched it.

And you call yourselves fans. You should be thankfulled for the chance of getting an extra U2 concert dvd, and should be supporting us. We believe that the Santiago one was one of the best of the tour and want to share it with everyone of you. You are angry because the silly words of ponkine, but you can not see under the water. If you really think that yours deserve to be on dvd well start moving for it and I will probably sign for that if you ask me to do. You are acting like teenagers.

saludos from Chile.

perrolobo said:
I'm amazed listening all of you. What you basically are saying is: "because we all had a great concert so Santiago's concert should not be on dvd". And you have not even watched it.

And you call yourselves fans. You should be thankfulled for the chance of getting an extra U2 concert dvd, and should be supporting us. We believe that the Santiago one was one of the best of the tour and want to share it with everyone of you. You are angry because the silly words of ponkine, but you can not see under the water. If you really think that yours deserve to be on dvd well start moving for it and I will probably sign for that if you ask me to do. You are acting like teenagers.

saludos from Chile.

:scratch: :huh:

I think the point is that no one has a problem with extra DVDs being put out. The point is that an online petition isnt going to make it happen. The band and their management have no plans to release the Santiago show and didnt from the get go. So its not going to happen, sorry. You are obviously biased because it was a show you attended in your country. Thats cool, but there were other shows on the tour that I guarantee you were at least AS good. Some of them were even filmed. They wont be released either and an untraceable online petition wouldnt get those released either.

Yeah pretty much like boardman said , who wouldnt want more u2s dvds , u2 live is them at their best , but the point is too hard to happen .

Besides like I said before , I would happily sign this petition and would even pass to other people to do , but DID you really have to say some low things about the other south america and mexico concerts brother ??? C'mon this is not how things work , wheres the whole u2 fan coexist spirit ? Just to get what you want , other have to pay or look bad ?

I totally agree with you two,

of course the online petition is not enough to get it done; that is the first step in a number of actions that the local fan clubs are planning to do, and it is the step in which you can join us. The petition has a field of ID number and at least for Chile that's enough. The idea of the petition is to show the band that a significant number of people should be interested in buying the product, the next movements depends on us.

I really apologize about ponkine's words, he (or she) is probably a kid and need a lot to understand about coexistence, but chileans are much more than one person, we are the best example of coexistence since the horrible and bloody past we had and the way we choose to overpass it. And the message of the tour is specially significant to us, that's why we putted all of us in the court in this concert.

We are already thousands of signers and some of them are from Peru, Portugal and Spain (seems that the concert was transmited to Europe in PPV format), I understand if you think your shows were as good as Santiago's could have been or better, but at least we are doing something, we are trying to create a great U2 live dvd!.

I call you again to aid us, as U2 fans and enjoy what the stupid producers denied us.

saludos desde Chile.

Last edited:
perrolobo said:

And you call yourselves fans. You should be thankfulled for the chance of getting an extra U2 concert dvd, and should be supporting us.

there is just one thing I really don`t get. I asked that before - but no reponse, or I have missed the answer. Where do you get that from that the concert was filmed professionally?

I'm chilean, and I would be lying if I tell you that I don't want a DVD of the concert U2 gave in Santiago, but I'm realistic and logical, and my logic tells me that the band, and particularly the band's management will pick a huge city to make the dvd, and that indicates it would be a concert from Mexico or Brazil, so at the end if there is any reason why we chileans wouldn't get a dvd of santigo's concert it would be because we are a small country.

And that my friends is how is going to be because the bottom line here is that this is a fucking business.

Ponkine, what are you saying ?

Only because you was there in Santiago, automatically that gig becomes "the best of the tour" ?

Try to seek, and see the truth , Mexico and Brazil shows were on par, or BETTER than Santiago.

I cannot support this petition , because the next DVD will be the Milan concert.

the MOVIE is form Buenos Aires... and that's that...

I went to Santiago, Buenos aires 1 and 2... and yes, Santiago was better... but Buenos Aires is VERTIGO, THE MOVIE...

so deal with that...

the concert will surface anyway...

you know I'm from Chile, right?

OK, everyone here is talking all sorts of shit about other cities and concerts all the time based upon their own personal experiences, which tells us nothing.

Let us now be TRULY objective and use a clinical scientific method to determine which country U2 loves the most.

Here is a list of the Leg 4 countries so far, and the corresponding number of concerts U2 played in each:

- Mexico = 3 concerts

- Brazil = 2 concerts

- Argentina = 2 concerts

- Chile = 1 concert

Based on the above FACTS, U2 loves the fans of the above four nations in the following manner:

1. Mexico = MUCHO love

2. Brazil = some love

3. Argentina= less love

4. Chile = poquito love

Uruguay, Paraguay, Guyana, etc = nada love

This SCIENTIFIC, OBJECTIVE analysis PROVES that U2 prefers MEXICO over every other boring city on Leg 4 so far.

ERGO, U2 should release a DVD of the awesome, amazing MEXICO CITY 1 show and ignore these other poseurs and whiners from the less-liked countries.

Or, maybe they could show some clips from the other shows, like people getting their tickets scanned in Buenos Aires, or fans lining up for nachos in Santiago...

BUT

... the rest of the DVD should ONLY be from MEXICO CITY 1, which is BY FAR the most superior gig of 2006 so far.

This is an objective, scientific FACT based on U2's own ACTIONS and PREFERENCES that any logical person cannot argue with.

Please lock this thread now, the case is closed

Last edited:
4U2Play said:
OK, everyone here is talking all sorts of shit about other cities and concerts all the time based upon their own personal experiences, which tells us nothing.

Let us now be TRULY objective and use a clinical scientific method to determine which country U2 loves the most.

Here is a list of the Leg 4 countries so far, and the corresponding number of concerts U2 played in each:

- Mexico = 3 concerts

- Brazil = 2 concerts

- Argentina = 2 concerts

- Chile = 1 concert

Based on the above FACTS, U2 loves the fans of the above four nations in the following manner:

1. Mexico = MUCHO love

2. Brazil = some love

3. Argentina= less love

4. Chile = poquito love

Uruguay, Paraguay, Guyana, etc = nada love

This SCIENTIFIC, OBJECTIVE analysis PROVES that U2 prefers MEXICO over every other boring city on Leg 4 so far.

ERGO, U2 should release a DVD of the awesome, amazing MEXICO CITY 1 show and ignore these other poseurs and whiners from the less-liked countries.

Or, maybe they could show some clips from the other shows, like people getting their tickets scanned in Buenos Aires, or fans lining up for nachos in Santiago...

BUT

... the rest of the DVD should ONLY be from MEXICO CITY 1, which is BY FAR the most superior gig of 2006 so far.

This is an objective, scientific FACT based on U2's own ACTIONS and PREFERENCES that any logical person cannot argue with.

Please lock this thread now, the case is closed

1- The band performed more shows in Mexico, Brasil and Argentina just because of money, I mean, marketing, business, strategy, etc. Sadly, it seems like U2 promoters are like US people, I mean, they make a narrow vision of Latin America based mainly in Mexico, the nearest country to United States :down: :silent:

2- Did you hear any show outside Mexico? I bet you that you haven´t listen to a second of the Chilean show

3- Ask Paul McGuinness which was the best Latin American show :p

Oh boy it all started again , now let's kill each other country's concert , just to say mine was the best , like if this is gonna get somewhere.......... :blahblah:

luchitox said:
Cabros, los gringos nunca iban a firmar la peticion asi que por este lado estamos cagados

Lo problema hermano es que toda la estoria desta peticao comecou mal , o tom q la persona que a escribo no fo de los mejores , pero de toda maneira yo assinei , pero lo problema es este , eles vao a lanciar el dvd de milao , e ja gravaran el concierto da argentina em 3d y que parece tambien sera lanzado luego no muy chances .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom