U2 Santiago 2006 DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hohoho.

boring people...:laugh:

I will remember you when I am watching my new brand U2 Santiago 2006 Greatest Vertigo DVD...

saludos...:cool:

Last edited:
perrolobo said:
Hohoho.

boring people...:laugh:

I will remember you when I am watching my new brand U2 Santiago 2006 Greatest Vertigo DVD...

saludos...:cool:

Oh, I believe you will be watching it. It will be a bootleg though. Seriously, do you really think an online petition is going to get U2 to do something they were not planning to do? Not happening. Things are planned out in advance. They already know/knew what they were going to do and it doesnt appear Santiago is part of those plans. Sorry, sure it was a great show but an online petition isnt going to make it an official release.

8 years ago nobody thought Chile was going to have a U2 PopMart concert: The end of the world, too expensive, nobody will have the money for the tickets, blah blah blah...

We are a tough people, you'll see.:rockon:

The only thing that I expect from the next dvd is that the concert the band pick is the one with the better setlist, better band-crowd interaction and better sound.
Not just the concert in the largest city, or the largest crowd or the largest stadium, because those are the only things in what we chileans can't compete.

perrolobo said:
8 years ago nobody thought Chile was going to have a U2 PopMart concert: The end of the world, too expensive, nobody will have the money for the tickets, blah blah blah...

We are a tough people, you'll see.:rockon:

What does that have to do with an official worldwide DVD? Nothing. It wasnt just Chile that wasnt getting Popmart, it was S. America as a whole. So how is Chile any different in that regard than the rest of the continent? I get it, it was a great show, it was filmed, and its a great crowd. ALOT of countries on this tour can claim the same. There is no indication its going to be an official release and an online petition with a few hundred electronic signatures that are not really even traceable are not changing it.

Blue Room said:

What does that have to do with an official worldwide DVD? Nothing. It wasnt just Chile that wasnt getting Popmart, it was S. America as a whole. So how is Chile any different in that regard than the rest of the continent? I get it, it was a great show, it was filmed, and its a great crowd. ALOT of countries on this tour can claim the same. There is no indication its going to be an official release and an online petition with a few hundred electronic signatures that are not really even traceable are not changing it.

Oh boy! What a boring Michigan fellow we have here...

take it easy pal :drool:

I've never said I was...:lol:

The only important thing here is to discuss if Argentina is "technically" and from an objective point of view the best concert for a U2 Vertigo DVD, and I still think it is not...

cariños y besos boring guys.

trabantland said:
Ponkine, you need to get a black dog up ya!

Right, what we needed: a Chicago-Melbourne baby brain... please, come to South America, we have many uses for your kind. :drool:

All you Santiago and Buenos Aires fans are loco.

The best Leg 4 show so far was Mexico City 1, and you know it.

Don't even argue.

The crowd of 80,000 totally crazy Estadio Azteca fans was simply ROARING during the entire show, it sounded like a hundred fucking jet planes were taking off, one after the other.

After the concert, I was deaf from the damn CROWD, rather than the music.

The band was completely stoked the whole two hours they were on stage, and everything else was better, too.

U2 should put MC 1 out on DVD, not these other boring shows.

Or, maybe they could release the Santiago stage show, but edit the crowd out and replace it with the MC 1 crowd.

Maybe throw in a few clips from Buenos Aires, like people lining up for beers or trying to find a parking space.

Last edited:
I agree that Santiago was maybe the best latinoamerican concert, but having been to both Buenos Aires shows, I highly doubt the Santiago show was so much better.
Buenos Aires II, in particular, was sublime.

perrolobo said:
First of all, it is almost impossible to have a "bad" U2 concert. To all of us in this forum such event is no less than a lifetime experience (specially for us in South America, who have them every 8 years or more).

However a word can be said about organization. I've never saw a worst organization or production as the one that DG Medios Argentina did here on Chile. I arrived 7 hours before the show to get a good place on the court; the doors were supposed to be opened at 14:00, just one entrance was prepared for us and we had to make an stupid round and walk around 10 blocks to reach it. We were there until 18:00 hrs, just to realize that the doors were colapsed and they've decided to open two extra entrances and the court was half full by the time we get inside the stadium (no explanation, no apoligize). The cost of the tickets here were the highest by far in all the region and the producers hesitated to do the chilean step until the last day.

The group was here less than 24 hrs and I have to say that the amplify were very poor compared with the Pop Mart incredible concert they did here, and from what I could see in the screens of the stadium the shots and the filming were poor also, I could see the cameras and they used at least half of the resources used on both argentineans concerts.

Nonetheless, with all these facts in count, the chilean concert was, by far, better than the argentineans and according to others, better than the brazilian ones. And I'm trying to be as objective as I can saying this. It is sad that we have to wait so many years to get U2 in this part of the world but at least we deserve a good treatment from the local producers. I don't have doubts about there will be a latin america Vertigo DVD but I'm pissed off about the low proffesional level of the local producers and I really think the band has no responsabilities on these matters. But the fact that they are coming to visit us before they continue the tour in Australia is a clue about what are their feelings I guess (hehehe).

the petition goes on and let us do what we want with our hopes, please...

Re: Re: Re: U2 Santiago 2006 DVD

Do you mean that you attended the Santiago gig but only watched boots/broadcasts of the BUenos Aires shows?

If so, how can you compare them?

Don´t get me wrong, I´m not saying that Santiago is not the best latinoamerican gig, it´s very likely. My point is that the only valid opinion would be from people who attended the three shows.
Same if one is to compare Santiago with Sao Paulo, or even Mexico City.

ponkine said:

I saw BOTH Buenos Aires shows, so I have a strong point to compare the gigs,
and what about you? ...

did you see the Santiago show? I really don´t think so, your cheap words about Argentinian crowd at "the best in the world" and all that stuff makes me realize you haven´t seen anything :|

I was at the 3 shows, santioago and the 2 buenos Aires ones.,..

and really, is not that i'm chilean, but the band was more on fire in chile... yet, the crowd was on fire on all the shows, with no diferences

BUT, the movie IS from the Argentinian shows... there they had at least 2 3D cameras that I saw, one hand held (a monstruous thing) and a kinda NFL camera, the one that hangs from ropes and can move easily.... and maybe in the front there was another one, i don't know...

but it will be a movie, not a DVD... a movie for IMEX theaters... so not even in Argentina will be seen... just USA, mexico and any other country that has IMEX theaters...

VERTIGO, THE MOVIE :drool: :drool:

PS: I have videos and photos of all 3 nights, including mothers of the dissapeared, fast cars, love is blindness, the fly, UTEOTW and lapoe...

in thursday you may see them :wink:

Don´t be selfish guys :sad:
at least you already have DVD bootlegs from Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. All were broadcasted shows... and what about Chile?...

NOBODY have a DVD bootleg :( because it wasn´t transmited ( and sadly it won´t be either) because of... the stupidity of DG Medios... ARGENTINIAN company in charge of the concerts both in Chile and Argentina :( .

Let´s compare just 2 things that DG medios did in Chile and Argentina:

1- In Chile the tickets prices were offensive, annoying, in Argentina were much cheaper
2- They allowed several TV stations and online signals to broadcast the show LIVE and in the nexts days after the concert. In fact I saw the Buenos Aires 2 show live and I saw Buenos Aires 1 on 3 March. Moreover, countless radios and online signals transmited and recorded both shows (how many of you, my foreing friends did listen to the shows because of online signals?). In Chile they strictly banned to broadcast the show by any TV, Radio station nor online signal to transmit or record the show !!!!.

The outcome: While many bootlegs from Buenos Aires 1 and 2 are circulating both on audio and video... just ONE audio bootleg is circulating from Santiago, and it´s an audience tape recorded by a hero who had to fight against a security gorilla who wanted to confiscate his tape!. So the show isn´t complete, 3/4 of Streets is missing, One in its complete is missing and The Fly is half missing.

Really don´t be selfish, while you have many options to choose from, we only have an incomplete audience tape.

COEXIST?

:(

ponkine said:
at least you already have DVD bootlegs from Mexico, Brazil and Argentina. All were broadcasted shows... and what about Chile?...

NOBODY have a DVD bootleg :( because it wasn´t transmited ( and sadly it won´t be either) because of... the stupidity of DG Medios... ARGENTINIAN company in charge of the concerts both in Chile and Argentina :( .

1- In Chile the tickets prices were offensive, annoying, in Argentina were much cheaper
2- They allowed several TV stations and online signals to broadcast the show LIVE and in the nexts days after the concert. In fact I saw the Buenos Aires 2 show live and I saw Buenos Aires 1 on 3 March. Moreover, countless radios and online signals transmited and recorded both shows (how many of you, my foreing friends did listen to the shows because of online signals?). In Chile they strictly banned to broadcast the show by any TV, Radio station nor online signal to transmit or record the show !!!!.

The outcome: While many bootlegs from Buenos Aires 1 and 2 are circulating both on audio and video... just ONE audio bootleg is circulating from Santiago, and it´s an audience tape recorded by a hero who had to fight against a security gorilla who wanted to confiscate his tape!. So the show isn´t complete, 3/4 of Streets is missing, One in its complete is missing and The Fly is half missing.

Really don´t be selfish, while you have many options to choose from, we only have an incomplete audience tape.

COEXIST?

Amsterdam III was the best concert ever and you all suck!!! :wink:
no you're not...now go on with your lives

love and peace to you all

Re: Re: Re: U2 Santiago 2006 DVD

ponkine said:

I saw BOTH Buenos Aires shows, so I have a strong point to compare the gigs,
and what about you? ...

did you see the Santiago show? I really don´t think so, your cheap words about Argentinian crowd at "the best in the world" and all that stuff makes me realize you haven´t seen anything :|

Listen, dude. I am sorry that U2 did not pick Chile to record the DVD... the fact that you jumped up and down for 2 hours does not give you any single right to claim a DVD from the producers and argue that 'we know the way a concert needs to be done'.

Be happy that Chile got a concert and hopefully you'll get your hands on a bootleg. Who knows whether any concert from the South American leg will be released?

I love the Argentine crowd. I am proud of being Argentine and I consider the Argentine crowd to be the best in the world. Do I have a way to measure this? Of course not. But it is my opinion. And I have the same right to express it than you do.

So go back and figure out a nicer way of getting support from your petition because I am afraid you are completely missing your target. :tsk:

ponkine said:

COEXIST?

So, now the problem is that an Argentine promoter brought the band to Chile... :tsk:

Well, too bad. Unfortunately, no Chilean promoter decided to do it.

A bootleg DVD will eventually surface and you will be happy. But that is, I am afraid, all that you will get.

U2@NYC said:

So, now the problem is that an Argentine promoter brought the band to Chile... :tsk:

Well, too bad. Unfortunately, no Chilean promoter decided to do it.

That wasn´t the problem. There were a lot of Chilean promoters trying to brought U2 to Chile, sadly DG medios is the big fish. Please do yourself a favor, first try to know what really happened and then make any comment.

Again. Stop being selfish.

Gracias

ponkine said:

That wasn´t the problem. There were a lot of Chilean promoters trying to brought U2 to Chile, sadly DG medios is the big fish. Please do yourself a favor, first try to know what really happened and then make any comment.

Again. Stop being selfish.

Gracias

DG Medios is no big fish, by comparison purposes, dude. I know perfectly well who Daniel Grinbank is and what reach he has... he is no megamillionaire superproduction company like Clear Channel or anything like that.

I know very well what I am talking about. So do yourself a favor and do not criticize without a reason. :tsk:

And how the hell am I selfish? I never said that you would not get a DVD or anything... I hope you actually get one but, as I mentioned, it will most likely be a bootleg, as Buenos Aires has always been until, hopefully, this tour.

The concert in Chile was amazing and the band in the best point. Is something objective, without despising to argentines and brazileans, the emotion in the crowd was incredible.

A special relation between u2 and Chile exists, it was as much that the members of the band spoke one by one. And with champagne in the end.

Objectively, Chile deserves to have dvd. The one that it did not have in 1998.

Last edited:
ponkine said:
Hola Amigos :yes:

The title says it all. This is a REAL possibility... and it depends on you ;)

After attending to a wonderful and unforgettable gig in Santiago last Sunday 26-02-2006, we knew the show was captured in its complete by the U2 Team. Neverthless, later they said they were going to film Buenos Aires shows for an upcoming DVD :tsk:

Please trust me my friends, really. It´s not that I´m Chilean but really the single show performed in Chile was by far superior to both Buenos Aires nights And weee simply don´t want to see an inferior quality performance on DVD . Bono´s voice was almost perfect, cristal clear and extremely powerful. In Argentina was a little rough, having some noticiable problems during some parts. And the crowd was a extreme difference: While in Chile even the band was surprised by the Chilean crowd (you can see it on thei faces!!) - read what Paul McGuinness Said about this landmark concert - Argentinian crowd was very flat, boring and asleep.

At the second night, for example, you could notice how the band was annoyed by the cold crowd, they didn´t invite any girl onstage for With Or Without You, and they simply didn´t play Love Is Blindness, a song planned to play it full last Buenos Aires Night. On Chile they finished the concert with champagne and words from EVERY U2 MEMBER !!!, YES even Adam said some words !!! .There were no goodbye nor bottles in Argentina.

Sadly, this is nothing new for us, having performed what is considered by most of collectors (including me) the truly BEST Pop Mart Concert in Santiago 11-02-1998, they went with such a wrong choice: Mexico City 1997. The result?: Pop Mart Mexico VHS was a disaster, extremely poor sales and hated by the critics.

Now the same thing happened with Chicago DVD, poor sales and bad comments not only by the critics even by the fans !! (just go to www.amazon.com) :shocked:

Now is our time to change things, let´s do something.
Please sing the petition asking the band to release Santiago 2006 DVD instead A wonderful show full of spontaneity, emotion, electricity and passion. Something that lacked even in Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo and Mexico.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dvdchile/petition.html

SPREAD THE WORD, DON´T EXPECT SUGGEST

PS. just add your full name, your city and your country. If you want it, your e-mail. THAT´S ALL

Thank you very much
:heart:

Yeah, and Montreal 1 and 2 were amazing shows due to the crowd and the energy as well, want to fight about it?

luchovox said:
The concert in Chile was amazing and the band in the best point. Is something objective, without despising to argentines and brazileans, the emotion in the crowd was incredible.

I did not know there was an objective measure for "concert amazingness".

And the special relationship of U2 with Chile is no different than the special relationship with Brazil, Mexico and Argentina.

All of this is subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom