U2 Rumoured to play Nordic Music Awards!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArthDent

The Fly
On the Norwegian Channel TV2 they were showing the Vertigo video (the TOTP version) and they announced that U2 is rumoured to perform at the NMA 23 October!?!

I am sure that this is just a rumour cause U2 does not usually promote much by playing their single live before release of an album do they? But this is a big market they will reach.. All of Scandinavia will be watching I guess.. Stars like Robbie Williams an Tina Turner will perform.. hmmm Imagine! I am very tempted to get tickets, though it is a 8 hour drive for me to get to Oslo and the chances are slim I think..

They must have heard the rumour somewhere...
I guess they wanted U2 there but did they get them?

Rough translation follows:
Robbie Williams, Tina Turner, Joss Stone and 8-10 other international and big nordic names. More artists will be revealed later on.

Thoughts on this?!?!

I believe that rumour is a lot of b******s to be honest, TV 2 is such a tabloid channel they'll say anything. They even had an interview with Bono and Larry from the elevation tour (!) promoting NMA a few weeks back.

Mind you, if they will appear, I'll be there like a shot!

In VG, Norway's biggest newspaper. It says yesterday that management of U2 confirms that U2 is considering this gig among a few they have listed as possible gigs to play, before the release of the album. When asked they say: "Well all I can say is that the list has been longer, fairly longer.. And NMA is still on that list.." Among other gigs to drop out of the list MTW Awards in Nov... "If they were to do it they would most prob. play Vertigo their new single etc.."

It's exciting as **** I think.. With Robbie W. performing and other big acts I don't think i can go much wrong with this anyway..

Don't get me wrong, I would love this to happen, its just that I can't stand Absolut Underholdning and tv2 and I don't find them reliable.

I checked the tickets yesterday and they are between 300-500 NOK, not that it matters if U2 are playing/collecting and award, I'd pay anything.

If they are coming though, we should deffo go for a few beers before the show!

The best seats are gone.. damnit.. Think I'm gonna let it pass for this time. Hope I won't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom