U2 react now benefit MTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
discothequeLP said:
http://s16.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3RKBZKRC5WWTI2SGCAKHOG9U4T

take out the space. it's 17.4 megs, OK quality.

Thank you very much :up:

As for the performance...very good.....a little undisciplined at the end.....but otherwise splendid. For the first time in a long time I was glad to see Bono wearing the shades. He might have needed to see an ophthalmologist now, if he didn't :yikes:

U2Man said:

Happy Sunday morning, yimou :happy: :wave:

Same to you U2Man :wave: :happy:

Seriously, i just watched the clip again and Larry needs a haircut ASAP.

yimou said:

Same to you U2Man :wave: :happy:

Seriously, i just watched the clip again and Larry needs a haircut ASAP.

:lmao:

Haha, that's what I thought! :yuck: A haircut and a shampoo! Damn it's nasty. :yuck:

:yes: The guy can afford a haircut and a shampoo, so whats stopping him???

U2Man said:

He wants to have even more nasty hair than Bono :shrug: :lmao:

:laugh:

´Note to Larry Mullen Jr - You have surpassed Bono when it comes to nasty hair. We have included $10 with this note and hope that you will spend them on a haircut and a shampoo,,, Signed,, The members of Interference´

Do anybody have more links from the MTV react show? I would like to see some of the other artists that performed.

yimou said:

:laugh:

´Note to Larry Mullen Jr - You have surpassed Bono when it comes to nasty hair. We have included $10 with this note and hope that you will spend them on a haircut and a shampoo,,, Signed,, The members of Interference´

"You've got to get yourself together, you got stuck in a nasty-hair-competition, and now you can't get out of it" :whistle:

:lmao:

I just watched it. Wow, awesome! Adam is really aware of the lightning, playing with the silhouette and stuff. It's great to see Edge playing those riffs! Bono seems inspired and ready to start again. Larry should NOT cut his hair, in fact I would love if he let it grow a little more. I don't think he ever looked this rock n' roll. The man is too cool! Great performance.

Could someone please tell me in which part of the show did Paul McCartney appear & who came on before him? What song did he perform?
Has anyone seen a complete list of the order of play anywhere?

pride346 said:
Could someone please tell me in which part of the show did Paul McCartney appear & who came on before him? What song did he perform?

I'd like to know that, too. :wink:

bono always looks so goofy in that bandana beating on those drums. cracks me up everytime :lol:

I agree about the bandana thingy. He was cool as The Fly, what a crackup it would have been if he put on the MacPhisto horns.

pride346 said:
Has anyone seen a complete list of the order of play anywhere?

Well the show seemed to run 4.25 hours. Paul McCartney was in the last hour for sure, , I can't recall exactly who he was after, but definitely after the Red Hot Chili Peppers... I think the song was called 'Fine Line', which appears to be on his new CD. I taped it & watched, just didn't know the song...

Thanks for the link!

Bono's looking very ZooTV - especially around the 'lay your love on the tracks' section at the start!

Sken said:
I agree about the bandana thingy. He was cool as The Fly, what a crackup it would have been if he put on the MacPhisto horns.

zootv, bono was the definition of cool. popmart, bono was the definition of badass. vertigo tour he is the definition of goofy.

that bandana thing, beating on the drums, crawling around pretending to be a cat, petting adam :coocoo:

Chizip said:

zootv, bono was the definition of cool. popmart, bono was the definition of badass. vertigo tour he is the definition of goofy.

that bandana thing, beating on the drums, crawling around pretending to be a cat, petting adam :coocoo:

You forgot the water spitting thing :coocoo:

plus his goofy jacket :yikes:

b3ba38e4.jpg

:no:

not to mention the cowboy hat

3ac4cb52.jpg

:yuck:

Last edited:
I take it I'm the only person who thinks Bono looks the coolest he has since the days of War.

Axver said:
I take it I'm the only person who thinks Bono looks the coolest he has since the days of War.

if by "coolest" you mean "goofiest" then i'd have to agree with you

Overall, the band are looking pretty cool. Though as mentioned before, Larry definitely does need a haircut... He's stuck in 1960s tough-guy mode. As for Bono on the drums, when he does it, he's occasionally got a sort of Mick Jagger attitude coming through...

Just saw the performance this morning online. Pretty cool. But did anyone else notice that when Bono throws down the sticks, it looks like one flies up off the drum and hits him in the face???? :eyebrow: It's right at 4:38-4:39. Replay that section over and over and you'll see it!

Back
Top Bottom