U2 react now benefit MTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did anyone notice Edge was playing an acoustic guitar? That means there had to have been another guitar track. Am I wrong?

So were U2 up for this,i mean did they rock or was bono dragging these guys along for the ride or did it seem that they all wanted to do it,was it average,good,very good or what?

Val said:
did anyone notice Edge was playing an acoustic guitar? That means there had to have been another guitar track. Am I wrong?

I don't know about LAPOE, but all tour, he's played The Fly on an acoustic.

Val said:

Yes, he was. But, no, there wasn't another guitar track. The Edge has been using the electric acoustic (with a sparkly finish) for all LAPOE performances on this tour. He has also used an electric acoustic (with the Vertigo bulls' eye finish) for The Fly for this whole tour too. You can get a distortion sound from both electric or acoustic guitars.

Side note: I think it was made rather clear that The Edge sings on the intro (the part where the bass/keyboard part is playing). :wink:

he's always been playing that song on an acoustic. It's a Line6 Variax, so not really "acoustic" just an electric guitar meant to sound acoustic. then he processes the hell out of the signal.

I'm on the west coast. How far into the broadcast was it when U2 performed? I am Tivo-ing the whole thing but want to tape the U2 portion on another TV in another room. Help! I think John Mayer just played and then there was a moment when some black performers were praying to Jesus ...

Lila64 said:
I'm on the west coast. How far into the broadcast was it when U2 performed? I am Tivo-ing the whole thing but want to tape the U2 portion on another TV in another room. Help! I think John Mayer just played and then there was a moment when some black performers were praying to Jesus ...

From a post on EYKIW:

Alicia Keys
Kid Rock
Kelly Clarkson
Green Day
Rolling Stones
John Mayer
David Banner
Rob Thomas
Buckwheat Zydeco
Coldplay
some country guy
Trent Reznor
Sheryl Crow
Bon Jovi
U2
[then more stuff by others]

you can watch the performances on MTV.com! takes a little navigating but there's a rebroadcast. i just watched love and peace, amazing!

Has anyone tried downloading the song thru that sony site? I'm not familiar with it that much.... How does it work? Can anyone help...

Yeah, thanks dicothequeLP. Sorry that I didn't mention it before. ;-)

Now I want the audio so that I can upload it to my ipod. I don't want to go thru that trouble of downloading the sony connect software.

Back
Top Bottom