u2 presale logjam???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
What if at the exact moment the presale starts for u2.com members, hundreds of thousands of people try to log in at once(including those of you who have registered as two different entities on u2.com) and completely jams up the site or wherever the ticket link leads us. Then everyone will post here that there not getting tickets, yet a few threads will show up with folks that were lucky to get it. I believe a lot of us will be left out in the cold and there will be complaining etc. This is the future I'm seeing folks.

i have been through some ticketmaster pre-sales, and yes they are just as bad as a regular ticketmaster sale-
I believe the code will just allow you to go onto ticketmaster and punch in the pre-sale code- i still have seen no guarantee that you will actually get tickets, just that you may "participate" in the pre-sale.
here is what u2.com promises:

The 2005 Tour will be announced soon. It’s no secret that U2 tickets usually sell out in hours but we have secured agreement for all U2.Com members to be provided with an advance window when they can buy U2 tickets at all venues before they are offered to the general public.

Saying you have an advance window when you "can" buy tickets is no promise of actually getting tickets-

it is very possible, things will be hectic. It's just a risk I have to take to make sure I have that chance to get good tickets.

it is announced on Monday, with presale suppsedly later that week. I thought i head fri. or sat. Anyone???

usually ticketmaster general sales are on a saturday, with the pre-sale a few days prior to that.
whether the general sale will be on Jan. 29 or Feb 5. is the question .

Presale...you are still dealing with Ticketmaster...so be prepared. I would expect a Wed/Thurs presale date with public onsale for Sat. I didn't get anything U2.com presale last tour. But I've had great success with other bands. There's a lot of us.

Good luck everyone!

U2.com is pretty much saying you will get tickets as much as they can. They are setting aside enough tickets to try to accommodate the membership, similiar to Propaganda. This is why they are limiting to 2 tickets period this time. They cant guarantee tickets because certain shows will be very popular and they will run out (IE San Diego, first show, tiny arena). I believe it will be handled similiar to a pre sale, the difference will be the number of tickets available, they are calculating a percentage for each area based on the membership. So your odds are pretty good for most areas. So its not really exactly like the TM pre sales, but I think the procedure for purchase may be similiar. We should know shortly.

sweetie said:
Is there a possibility that presale ticket seats can be worse than waiting for general sale??

Yes, very possible you could get better tickets at the general sale vs. the presale.

Just as you can sometimes pull the best seats the day before the show (I did that for one of the elevation shows I saw)

I am a little peeved about this. I was under the impression that we would be guaranteed tickets like before with propaganda.. not having to deal with a pre sale :angry: Sorry I spent the $40 now.

drumkeeran said:
Presale...you are still dealing with Ticketmaster...so be prepared. I would expect a Wed/Thurs presale date with public onsale for Sat. I didn't get anything U2.com presale last tour. But I've had great success with other bands. There's a lot of us.

Good luck everyone!

I've only done one other pre-sale for tickets that were especially for fans and it wasn't through ticketmaster. It was through a company called Concertmaps. They had great seats and their service charge was way less than ticketmaster or direct from the venue office offered. It was the best ticket buying experience ever. I wonder if U2 will contracting with someone other than ticketmaster? One can only hope.

Does anyone know if Fanfire deliver tickets in other country(Brazil in my personal case) or i 'll have to get them in USA?:confused:

The problem with pre-sales is, everyone ends up getting the password. I BET the password will be posted here within an hour of u2.com emailing it to subscribers. PLUS add to the fact all the begging (I can't afford the $40...Wahhh...etc...) that will no doubt occur and you have :barf:

-Chris
(I will be in SD no matter what, if pre-sales doesn't work, then general, then connections, then eBay)

looks like jan 29th, everyone. Rolling Stone just had an article stating that. That's for the reg. sale of course.

NEXT WEEK!!!!

All the subscribers are getting an email later TODAY !! (friday)!! regarding the upcoming presale. This is from U2.com:

We'll also be mailing U2.Com Members later on today with details of how they
can participate in the ticket presale next week.

ladywithspinninghead said:
All the subscribers are getting an email later TODAY !! (friday)!! regarding the upcoming presale. This is from U2.com:

We'll also be mailing U2.Com Members later on today with details of how they
can participate in the ticket presale next week.

HOLY S***!!!:hyper: :faint: :crazy: :dance: :applaud:

not sure if me lil heart can handle any more of this!!!!!!!!!!!:ohmy:

after reading all these new details from u2.com, i got chills running through me with excitement. The damn dates havent been announced yet....I'm going to be :crazy: :banghead: by the end of the weekend.

RademR said:
after reading all these new details from u2.com, i got chills running through me with excitement. The damn dates havent been announced yet....I'm going to be :crazy: :banghead: by the end of the weekend.

<<<joins RademR in the corner.

<<Imagines herself in the fetal position sucking her thumb :crazy: by end of weekend.

I just went through a pre-sale through ticketmaster two weeks ago for another event, and everyone had their own password, unlike the last tour where there was just one password for everyone, they had a unique code for each person, so i would imagine that we will each have our own password- which would also allow them to monitor that you only buy tickets to one show.

I still think that its screw up but I think there will be alot of complaints thru the presale of not enough GA tickets.

Guinness Stout said:
I just went through a pre-sale through ticketmaster two weeks ago for another event, and everyone had their own password, unlike the last tour where there was just one password for everyone, they had a unique code for each person, so i would imagine that we will each have our own password- which would also allow them to monitor that you only buy tickets to one show.

Guinness -

This is exactly what is going to happen. If you login to your U2.com account it states the following:

VERTIGO TOUR 2005
Calling all U2.Com Members!
Watch this space!
This is where we will post your unique Presale Access Code. You will need this code to buy your presale tickets online.
Don't miss it!

Did you manage to get good seats for the concert?

I've had mixed luck with presales. There is never a guarantee because only a certain amount of tickets are blocked out. It just ups your chance of getting tickets because you get two opportunities to buy tickets (pre-sale and regular sale) while everyone else just gets the one.

shy said:
Does anyone know if Fanfire deliver tickets in other country(Brazil in my personal case) or i 'll have to get them in USA?:confused:

If it`s ticketmaster you can print your ticket. If not, we'll find out.
Do you know I`m in USA right now. If you need an address to delivery just mail me. victor.fontes[at]gmail.com

bono_man2002 said:
Did anyone get the e-mail?
Its almost Saturday, atleast for some places in the US.

I received mine about a half hour ago. It mentioned as a Prop member I was getting priority and gave me a link to a U2.com ticket link (NOT TICKETMASTER). I also received my own unique code. So its basically like I explained earlier. They have allotted tickets for the number of subscribers. Its not like the typical TM pre sale as others have mentioned on this thread. Its more like Prop was through the mail back in the day, its just being done by the internet.

It also said that you had to have registered before 1-24-05 to be able to participate in the ticket sale. Tickets for Prop members at least go onsale at 10am on tues.

Back
Top Bottom