u2 presale logjam???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, got mine as well. Looks like we are good to go Tuesday morning and it looks like they are staying away from Ticketmaster for the presale, which would be VERY COOL!

Question-- what does it mean that the presale begins at 10:00am local time on Tuesday? Local time of the show location or local time where are you?

KentK said:
Yup, got mine as well. Looks like we are good to go Tuesday morning and it looks like they are staying away from Ticketmaster for the presale, which would be VERY COOL!

All right, I guess I take it back... from u2.com:

In order to ensure fair and equitable distribution of tickets to fans, U2 will be working with Ticketmaster as the official U2.Com Subscriber ticketing provider.

In North America and selected European countries, Ticketmaster is the only authorized ticketing company for U2.Com Subscriber tickets and offers a range of advantages to U2.Com Members.

I didn't get the email.!!!!!!

I went to u2.com and the code was posted to the right but I never received any email either via u2.com or my email address when I signed up...SOMEONE HELP A GIRL OUT PLEASE!!!!!!!:huh:

I just read the email as well, but I'm still not clear on how former Prop subscribers are being separated from the $40 members.

It would be nice to know what kind of jump we're getting on the rest of the crowd; one hour is a big difference from one day.

laz

There are no difference between Prop. members and $40 members, all are on the same line for the presales.

I got a question cos I'm note sur about my english (I'm french in fact), by saying

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy? A - As a Paid-up U2.Com Subscriber you will be able to purchase up to two (2) tickets for any one (1) indoor show (North America) or up to four (4) tickets for any one (1) outdoor show (Europe).

do they mean that we can have only access to 1 show for the US and 1 for the Europe ??????
If if it's right, we have been f***** up !

Theo said:
There are no difference between Prop. members and $40 members, all are on the same line for the presales.

I got a question cos I'm note sur about my english (I'm french in fact), by saying

do they mean that we can have only access to 1 show for the US and 1 for the Europe ??????
If if it's right, we have been f***** up !

Oui, c'est bien ca! Either a show in North America or one in Europe.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Oui, c'est bien ca! Either a show in North America or one in Europe.

So, it's really a shame to ask $40 just to give you access to 1 show...I'm pissed off

one show only

yep- that looks like what we've got. It's alot less generous than other presales I've done for other bands, but I guess if they allowed us up to 4 tickets at multiple shows then they'd possibly sell out some of them before all the fans not signed up had a chance to buy them. I'm hoping to get to Croke Park, I'll sacrifice seeing them in mainland UK in order to see them play in Dublin, I suspect that will be the most popular show so not sure how high my chances of getting tickets will be!

Yeah, I long back to the good old Propaganda days. You know, when you also had to pay $40 for a subscription and then got an order form for the concerts. You filled it in, mailed it back to them and then you didn't know whether it arrived or not. And if it did arrive, you didn't know for which concerts you got tickets (as you could also fill in a second and third choice). Then the money would be written off your credit card and you still didn't know for which concert that was. You finally knew when the tickets arrived, not too long before the actual concert.
Oh, those were the days...
:|

I got two e-mails (one for regular membership, and one for Prop membership)...the e-mails are not identical....I haven't gone through to see exactly what...but one reads "welcome U2.com subscriber" and the other one reads "Welcome U2.com subscriber and former Propaganda Subscriber". I assume this means the codes are different(as in two types of codes), and possibly the link.....we'll see...

Yes tickets can be better on regular sale dates, they can be better on the day of the show, etc. I got Prop tickets that were supposed to be "Golden Circle," and they were at the entire back of the arena, and from TM a few wks before the show I got tickets in the first row of the risers right at the edge of the stage.

If it's GA it hardly matters buying presale, they're all the same.

I hope it's not GA and they're back to the seating because then more people can actually see, in that mass of people for GA anyone not up front that is not 6'5" sees nothing.

bonoed said:
Yes tickets can be better on regular sale dates, they can be better on the day of the show, etc. I got Prop tickets that were supposed to be "Golden Circle," and they were at the entire back of the arena, and from TM a few wks before the show I got tickets in the first row of the risers right at the edge of the stage.

If it's GA it hardly matters buying presale, they're all the same.

I hope it's not GA and they're back to the seating because then more people can actually see, in that mass of people for GA anyone not up front that is not 6'5" sees nothing.

yes the floor is going to be GA. Its already been stated by Paul M. And through u2.com and other news media. From what was stated there will be 1,700 to 1,800 GA Floor tix available depending on the size of the venue. Also,the fact the the stage design is going to be the same as last tour except the shape of the stage will be a target. Stage in the round.

Sicy said:
I am a little peeved about this. I was under the impression that we would be guaranteed tickets like before with propaganda.. not having to deal with a pre sale :angry: Sorry I spent the $40 now.

I will be seriously pised if I don't get any tickets.
and I'll be pissed at the 4 guys in the band....because ultimately, the buck stops there.

40 fuckin dollars and we're not even sure if we can GET tickets?
I better be jumping for joy over getting 2 tickets for the Madison Square Garden show by tuesday evening.

JOFO said:
I better be jumping for joy over getting 2 tickets for the Madison Square Garden show by tuesday evening.

You won't know when the presale for MSG will begin until monday. It has been made clear in the tour faq that the presales are going to begin on different days. The first set of presales will begin on Tuesday. We just don't know what cities will be involved first. Most likely, everything in California. Maybe most western cities, if they cover all of the west first.

Hey..

I don't know what you guys were expecting..I kept waiting to see if Prop members were going to be getting an eamil with the equivalent of the old "order form"..with the option of choosing a second or third choice of date if the ist doesn't work out , etc. I found out that there si no difference between this and a regular Ticketmaster presale.

The only difference between this and any other Ticketmaster presale is: NONE. The band decided to let down fans gently into this by giving them the illusion that Propaganda still existed, thus the artifical "20 vs 40$" difference. Better for them to findout later than sooner. In the end, it gives you NOTHING. No guaruntees. U2 is just like any other act now. I have done my reseatch 2 months ago, when the subscribing crap was going on. On WIRE there was alot of talk goingon betweenus and someone who had done a number of FANFIRE sales and she warned us early.

The band, for whatever reason, has destroyed its fanclub, and folded the all-important ticket ordering system into the regular FANFIRE herd. I thought they chose FanFire b/c they had heard it ws David Bowie's old ticket club and a lot of other artists had done well with it. I don't know if they know the nuts and bolts. Sebastian Clayton's response shows me: NO, they don't.

Why the band chose to do this, I don't know. I think Clear Channel pressured them into it...but one thing is for certain: whether or not I get Boston tix (prob not, Boston was impossible without Prop for me), I am personaly travelling to Boston and meeting the band this time and politely giving them a piece of my mind. I'll be handing Bono a note at the end of my talk with him, with a full list of questions.) Four Seasons Hotel: every afternoon, between noon and 2 PM. Every day we fans waited and met someone.)

Before this, I always got my tix by waiting in line (NEVER have trusted TM), and by Prop for the out of town shows. This time, having been warned early of the perfidy of presales, I have made arrangements...(presuming Albany is still on the list), I am waiting in line too, and having sokeone else with a good track record getting MSG for me.

Whether or not we like it, a new era is upon us.

I feel sad for the new fans. The U2 show is the essence of the U2 experience. In the 80s and 90's, teenage and college kids could easily afford 25 and 35$ tickets, and became lifelong fans. Now, tickets are going to be few hundred GA tix that will be gone in 2 minutes, paying $100 for a lousy seat in the upper tier, or up to $200 for the lower tier. Which means the audience will consist of older fans, and a smattering of rich kids.

Last edited:
I am personaly travelling to Boston and meeting the band this time and politely giving them a piece of my mind. I'll be handing Bono a note at the end of my talk with him, with a full list of questions.) Four Seasons Hotel: every afternoon, between noon and 2 PM. Every day we fans waited and met someone.)

Please don't. I understand you're upset, but think of the other fans who might be there waiting to meet a member of U2 the first time.

kellyahern said:

Please don't. I understand you're upset, but think of the other fans who might be there waiting to meet a member of U2 the first time.

Agrees with Kelly. :yes: Please don't do that. I also understand how you feel. Go through the proper channels to voice your complaint. Meaning Principle Management. I actually have Cecilia's email there. And she was really helpful in the whole propaganda members database problem with fanfire thing.

Just wondering, since the majority of individuals here are members of U2.com and have already recieved their pre-sale information, if someone where to sign up now and become a member, would they still be sent that information?

I realise there would be somewhat of a distaste for people who *only* sign up to U2.com to purchase concert tickets, but, like many have said here, it is really up to how much luck you have in terms of whether you get through the initial ticket traffic.

Many thanks to anyone who answers.

Back
Top Bottom