U2 in New York - rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I have just read that U2 is rumoured to be playing, or at least make an appearance at the new Apple "Cube" Store set to open on Fifth Avenue between 58th and 59th streets on Friday at 6:00PM.

Now I take rumours with a grain of salt, but the last one I heard about them playing beneath the Brooklyin Bridge came out to be, well, true.

I understand that one of hte streets near the store will be closing for a "performance."

Seeing how far U2 is up Steve Jobs ass, I would not be surprised if at least one of them showed up.

The signs are all there - go to www.apple.com and the first image you see is their new notebook with pictures of Joshua Trees on it.

It must be true.

:wink:

Hell, it could be cool, although I think I read that Bono is currently in Africa.

:scratch:

Bono's supposed to be in Africa for like 10 days or something and his tour just started Monday. That doesn't mean that Edge or someone else from the band can't just stop by, though. I'll try to check this out.

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
Bono's supposed to be in Africa for like 10 days or something and his tour just started Monday. That doesn't mean that Edge or someone else from the band can't just stop by, though. I'll try to check this out.

:hmm:

I don't think they would do something like this.

People just assume it will be them, but I'm guessing it'll be someone a lot smaller. A lot of people have done iPod commercials...

I've never seen Bono as "up Steve Jobs' ass" either. :rolleyes:

Well, I saw them under the Brooklyn Bridge and it was amazing. I'll skip this one because I highly doubt that it's them. If it is I'll be sorry I missed it, but if it turns out to be Eminem I'll be glad I didn't get stuck in the crowds of people expecting to see U2.

We should keep stats on rumours:

Who: U2
What: Appearance
When: Friday, May 18th, 2006
Where: Apple "Cube" Store, New York City
Status: False (but a shopper was spotted sporting a U2 shirt)

Rumor could be true. Bono's bodyguard Sampson is currently doing GNR/Axl . I was surprised to see him at the May 15 show.

ouizy said:
I have just read that U2 is rumoured to be playing, or at least make an appearance at the new Apple "Cube" Store set to open on Fifth Avenue between 58th and 59th streets on Friday at 6:00PM.

Now I take rumours with a grain of salt, but the last one I heard about them playing beneath the Brooklyin Bridge came out to be, well, true.

I understand that one of hte streets near the store will be closing for a "performance."

Seeing how far U2 is up Steve Jobs ass, I would not be surprised if at least one of them showed up.

The signs are all there - go to www.apple.com and the first image you see is their new notebook with pictures of Joshua Trees on it.

It must be true.

Hell, it could be cool, although I think I read that Bono is currently in Africa.

:scratch:

Where did you read this?

www.curbed.com

I was at the Apple Cube last night watching them take the plastic covering off of the glass box - the structure is pretty f'ing amazing - they did a great job on a very awkward site...

124900112_813bfe15da.jpg

ouizy said:
www.curbed.com

I was at the Apple Cube last night watching them take the plastic covering off of the glass box - the structure is pretty f'ing amazing - they did a great job on a very awkward site...

124900112_813bfe15da.jpg

Cool site curbed.com, but I don't know if I believe it, Bono is in Africa but I'm debating going anyway. :shifty:

ouizy said:
www.curbed.com

124900112_813bfe15da.jpg

The black and read in that pic are consistent with the Vertigo CD and tour's official colours.

Petition that U2 brings back Sampson for the last 10 shows.

axl27mr.jpg

Oh no Axl Rose with a light saber.

Last edited:
More on the rumor:

http : //towleroad.typepad.com/towleroad/2006/05/apple_geeks_uni.html

Just remove the spaces around the colon--I don't have 15+ posts so I'm not enabled to post links yet.

(My first post I think! I've been a member and lurker for years. Only coming out of lurkdom to try to find out the truth on this possible NYC show.)

It's not going to be Bono, he's doing a live interview from Africa on the 23rd and I doubt he would fly to the states and then go back to Africa. It could be Edge, I think he's been staying in the states. But I doubt that he'd perform alone. :shrug:

Edge was recently in Dublin, so don't think he'd be there. But hey, maybe Larry is planning on going, just to sign a few autographs and such.

:rolleyes:

sami0201 said:
It's not going to be Bono, he's doing a live interview from Africa on the 23rd and I doubt he would fly to the states and then go back to Africa.

Yes but the 23rd is days away :happy:

ruffian said:
Edge was recently in Dublin, so don't think he'd be there. But hey, maybe Larry is planning on going, just to sign a few autographs and such.

I heard he was singing too :wink:

About that street party we reported on yesterday, MacWorld picks up on the rumor. Seems it won't be U2 performing, but something's definitely going down... [MacWorld, Curbed]

Back
Top Bottom