U2 in New York

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

villavarian

The Fly
You have to think that the band came up to New York yesterday and will be here through Sunday. I would assume that they are staying in Manhattan for the week and will be out and about during the day and on their off nights.

Where do you think they are staying and where would you be likely to see them?

I know Larry use to have a house in Nyack (30 minutes North of NYC), at least during the Elevation tour. My girlfriend is a teacher at the small Montessori School (pre-school) his kids use to attend.

not sure if it's the Dakota or not. For some reason, I remember reading it was on the east side of park....but i could be wrong.

Hey TheFly40 - Someone else told me that larry lived in Nyak and I was reather skeptical....I figured if they were in NY, they'd like to be closer to "the action". I am in Westchester, maybe I can invite the Mullen clan over for a bbq..........

Numb1075 said:
Hey TheFly40 - Someone else told me that larry lived in Nyak and I was reather skeptical....I figured if they were in NY, they'd like to be closer to "the action". I am in Westchester, maybe I can invite the Mullen clan over for a bbq..........

I think Nyack is quite a popular spot for celebs and UK transplants, my girlfriend being one of them...a transplant not a celeb. It's sort of an odd mix between very wealthy people and hippie artists, plus it's pretty close to NYC.

I went crazy when I found out he use to pick up/drop off his kids at school when he was in town. I went on and on about how Larry is a huge part of rock history, how famous he is, how I have spent 15+ years of my life following the band, propaganda member, etc...didn't mean anything to her. I'm still tying to get her to bring home an old report card or any old Montessori document with his signature on it.

Her not caring will change after tonight...My girlfriend, the virgin U2 concert goer will be deflowered tonight in NJ!

I'm not sure if the band is actually there or just use the airport for maintenance or whatever, but yesterday when I was taking off from Pearson airport in Toronto, the Vertigo plane was parked out near the commuter terminal, sort of hidden away near another plane.

3439574323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23238684278%3B8ot1lsi

Bono's American Wife said:
I'm not sure if the band is actually there or just use the airport for maintenance or whatever, but yesterday when I was taking off from Pearson airport in Toronto, the Vertigo plane was parked out near the commuter terminal, sort of hidden away near another plane.

3439574323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23238684278%3B8ot1lsi

:lol: that's cool, random Vertigo plane sighting :) I bet you did quite a double take seeing that :ohmy: :wink:

Vertigo One is an Air Canada fleet plane as far as I know, so the plane may just be there for "storage"

Still :drool:

I wanted to see it in Midway, but had no luck :(

kellyahern said:

:lol: that's cool, random Vertigo plane sighting :) I bet you did quite a double take seeing that :ohmy: :wink:

We were on the shuttle from one terminal to another and I was a wee bit grumpy from getting up at 4:00 a.m. so when Mr. BAW said "omg, there's the Vertigo plane!" I was less than receptive. I told him to shut up in a not very nice tone of voice because I thought he was messing around. :reject:

When I did finally see it, I did a TRIPLE take because it was just so random! I was finally able to get a clear shot when our plane was backing up on the runway. :D

*edited to add...and I did give Mr. BAW a very sincere apology for doubting him and being so snippy about it!

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Vertigo One is an Air Canada fleet plane as far as I know, so the plane may just be there for "storage"

Still :drool:

I wanted to see it in Midway, but had no luck :(

I wondered about that when I saw "V1" painted on the side.

But still, fleet or not :drool: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom