U2 in London. Philly Live-Aid sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanB

The Fly
U2 Live Aid in London. Philly Live-Aid sucks

LONDON - Circus Maximus in Rome, London's Hyde Park and the Eiffel Tower in Paris are among the venues for Live 8, a series of concerts being organized by
Bob Geldof, the driving force behind the Band Aid and Live Aid campaigns for African famine relief.
ADVERTISEMENT

The July 2 concerts, which will be free, also will be held at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and in Philadelphia, organizers said Tuesday.

Performers include Coldplay,
Madonna,
Paul McCartney,
R.E.M. and U2 in London; Will Smith, Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, Stevie Wonder and P. Diddy in Philadelphia; Crosby, Stills and Nash, Lauren Hill and Brian Wilson in Berlin; Jamiroquai, Youssou N'Dour, Yannick Noah and Placebo in Paris; and Duran Duran in Rome.

The events are aimed at raising awareness of poverty in developing countries just days before G8 leaders meet in Britain. Organizers didn't immediately announce which artists would perform at the concerts or where the concert in Philadelphia would take place.

They said there were plans for concerts in other cities in G8 countries, but didn't give further details. Japan, Canada and Russia are the three other nations in the G8.

Last edited:
Duran Duran? Ah, come on. Is it a joke? Why not Nik Kershaw, Alphaville or (dam-da-dam) Rick Astley?

DanB said:
Springsteen and the E Street band would really help the Philly show. And they're from the area

Unfortunately, Bruce has a show in Madrid on July 2. I don't see him getting to Philly, although perhaps he could stop by in London...

EDIT: I saw the wrong date - he's in Madrid on June 2. His European tour ends in June, so who knows? Maybe he will be available for Philly.

Last edited:
the London line up is AMAZING (U2, The Killers, Muse, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Keane, Sting etc) too bad philly aint too good

London:
Coldplay
The Killers
Velvet Revolver
Bob Geldof
The Cure
Mariah Carey
Dido
Keane
Snow Patrol
Elton John
Annie Lennox
Madonna
Paul McCartney
Razorlight
Snoop Dogg
Sting
U2
Joss Stone
Stereophonics
R.E.M.
Scissor Sisters
Muse
Robbie Williams:tsk: :tsk:

FUIrish said:
the London line up is AMAZING (U2, The Killers, Muse, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Keane, Sting etc) too bad philly aint too good

London:
Coldplay
The Killers
Velvet Revolver
Bob Geldof
The Cure
Mariah Carey
Dido
Keane
Snow Patrol
Elton John
Annie Lennox
Madonna
Paul McCartney
Razorlight
Snoop Dogg
Sting
U2
Joss Stone
Stereophonics
R.E.M.
Scissor Sisters
Muse
Robbie Williams:tsk: :tsk:

whoah! - Time to go buy me one of them automatic texting thingys. I'm scared to see what prices these'll go for assuming some people will only be applying in order to scalp?

London has the best, by far.

But, hmm...no Radiohead. Too bad.

If U2's doing their set earlier in the day (since they have to perform somewhere else at night), i wonder who the last perfomer will be in London...Coldplay? (or second to last performer, since there will probably be an all-star end to the concert).

if that ringtone thing is true thats pretty bad but hell here in the states we got 50 cent tying the beatles for most top 10 hits at one time! at least they have some good newer rock bands like muse, razorlight, stereophonics and keane that most people here couldnt pick out of a lineup. i mean WILL FREAKING SMITH! we can do better than that!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the #1 song in the UK is a ring tone by a cartoon frog.

let's not be picky about the tastes of the US, shall we? :madspit:

I heard that on the radio today. It's the beverly hills cop song how sad is that beating out the new coldplay song for #1 in the UK.

For Live 8 to be sucessful as a cause there needs to be artists there for people with other tastes. I agree London's is by far better but there is still hope I'm sure more bands will be coming. Why isn't REM in the U.S:mad: Not that I can get to Philly anyways:( Isn't Dave Matthews coming to Philly??

I'm pretty sure tickets aren't being sold to this either. It's not to raise money for charity it's to raise awareness and put pressure on politicians.

one of the reasons the better bands are in London is because of the festival season. ill be in ireland a week after Live 8 for the Oxegen Festival and The Killers, Keane, Razorlight, Snoop Dogg and the Foo Fighters will be playing that. In addition to that more bands are touring in Europe this summer as well (Coldplay, REM, Snow Patrol etc etc) so it alot of the bands playing in London is by chance of where their tour lands them

Headache in a Suitcase said:

the #1 song in the UK is a ring tone by a cartoon frog.

let's not be picky about the tastes of the US, shall we? :madspit:

I would take a ringtone over Eminem, 50 Cent, Usher, P. Diddy, Jay-Z, Dave Matthews Band or Bon Jovi any day. As long as its not a ringtone of one of their songs. I'm not picky about the US tastes. I'm aghast at the tastes of the US. I am horrified at the tastes of the US. I am left in a quandry at the tastes of the US. And I'm from the US. And the Philly show is pathetic.

Last edited:
Hold the phone, Eminem is rumored to be added to Philly...

Truely a disgrace, being too young to attend the original, hearing it was coming back to Philly had me already to lineup for my spot on the street. Now I have to deal with all the tinyboppers and thugs for the rappers???

The original was about the music, why can't it still be that way...

I NEED TICKETS!!!

I hope everyone in europe will get the possibility to get tickets...

And if not, I hope some British people from this forum will try to get some (2) tickets for me? PLEEEAAAASEEE

:)

Not a chance for tickets!!

You have to answer a multiple choice question and text in then random computer selection for 2 tickets per winner.

Its £1.50 per text and you will be able to enter multiple times, I'm not holding my breath for tickets sadly as I so want to be there as I went the original Live Aid at Wembley.

But good luck eveyrone lets see if anyone here gets any!

Back
Top Bottom